Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Just Doesn't Get Any Better Than This...

GolfSpy Barbajo

It sounds so simple when he explains in...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Not sure how he would have liked the Cream "Tales of Brave Ulysses" soundtrack, but fits...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rTjHKLY22o

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Have you ever read his little instruction book?  It doesn't sound so simple when you read it but it sure looks simple when you see him swing.  I once had a great trumpet teacher like that - well actually he was a great and I do really mean great trumpet player - symphonic and studio guy, the number one call trumpet player in NYC, you could hear him play if ever you watched those old Victory at Sea videos and any one over the age of 40 heard him play 100's of times on TV commercials, at any rate he couldn't really teach because it was all so easy for him.

That's Hogan -

And yet we know it was never easy for either - both worked their proverbial tales off and the hard work was there to be found in the ease of their swing or their sound.

When I'd get stuck on a passage Ray would pick up his trumpet and say, "It's easy Kevin, you just play it like this."  That was worth the $100 bucks an hour right there.  To stand next to Ray Crisara and hear him play -

It's worth coming on the site this morning to see Ben Hogan swing the club - thanks Barbajo.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It's amazing to me how much alike me and Hogan are. We both dress nicely, both from Texas, passionate about the swing and golf. I don't know if anyone noticed.... but Hogan is making the PlaidJacket "secret" move. No wonder he was so good.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks Much!

There is nothing more soothing than watching Ben's swing.  His hip motion is so smooth, bringing his shoulders around automatically.  BTW, I love Cream.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It's amazing to me how much alike me and Hogan are. We both dress nicely, both from Texas, passionate about the swing and golf. I don't know if anyone noticed.... but Hogan is making the PlaidJacket "secret" move. No wonder he was so good.

I thought there was something familiar in that swing!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I thought THIS was Hogan's secret ;)

Ben Hogan Head Still Watch Ball Swing Sequence Short Iron.jpg

"Wouldn't it be great if you could know, without the help of a coach, if your head really was still, and if you really were watching the ball as you execute your swing?  Wouldn't it be great to know how it feels to do it right, so you can duplicate that feeling on the course? 

There is a simple way.

Let's have the great Ben Hogan demonstrate for us.  Ben was a smoker, and he had a Chesterfield in his lips as he was hitting balls on the range back in 1956 when this video was shot.  (At least I assume it's a Chesterfield -- Ben was a pitch man for Chesterfield in those days, see picture at right.)  His smoking habit is fortunate for us, because his cigarette points where he is looking throughout his swing.  The cigarette acts as a marker for where his eyes are pointing, providing insight to us that we wouldn't otherwise have.

Hogan points his cigarette at the ball at address, on the takeaway, on the backswing, on the downswing, and just after impact."

BenHoganArnoldPalmer.jpg

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Looks like I may have to take up smoking...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

It's not a habit, it's a training aid ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

You guys can say what you want . But the only constant I can see in all of these photos and videos is the HAT!!!!!!

Surfing web for one right now!!

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Be sure to order some of those pants too!! They need to come almost to your rib cage.

already own several pair. All of them in plaid!

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Be sure to order some of those pants too!! They need to come almost to your rib cage.

Better than seeing what color of underwear you're wearing!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Better than seeing what color of underwear you're wearing!

What makes you so sure he is wearing any at all?

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

What makes you so sure he is wearing any at all?

I wasn't thinking of Ben.  I was thinking about the way kids wear pants these days with them almost falling off and underwear showing above them.  Even on the golf course!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I wasn't thinking of Ben.  I was thinking about the way kids wear pants these days with them almost falling off and underwear showing above them.  Even on the golf course!

They probably watched that instructional video Barbajo posted and had closed captioning on.

post-17029-0-25084500-1427311105.jpg

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived