Aotearoa_Brad

MGS Forum FREE Classifieds section

so you're telling me.jpg

Are you...

• falling out of love with your latest purchase...
  • looking to upgrade your gear but need to sell off what you have first...
  • worried that your ho-ing is getting out of control...
  • struggling to find space to store your new equipment because your ho-ing is out of control...
  • being forced to sacrifice some of your 'collection' to keep your marriage intact...
  • needing cash for green fees at a bucket list course...

If you are in any one of the categories above, then do consider listing your gear in the classifieds section. This is a FREE tool guys - there are no listing or success fees, and we do not monitor the classifieds with an iron fist! At present this is not being utilized to its full potential, and we'd like to see that change.

Almost all of us have some good used equipment that no longer has a realistic chance of seeing the bag again - so why not give it the flick, put a few dineros in the back pocket, and enable a fellow MGSer to grab a bargain. 

Not sure where to start? Here's a few tips for listing equipment on the classifieds:

• Take clear, high quality photos in natural light if possible (landscape with a width of 750px fit best on screens-  www.picmonkey.com is an easy-to-use FREE photo editor)
  • Be honest about any imperfections, and photograph them where possible (it's best for everyone if there are no surprizes)
  • Give a good, reasonably detailed description of the item for sale
  • Be realistic about the price. Do your research to have an understanding of what the item is worth, and remember there are no success fees for you as seller here.

If you have questions or need assistance with loading classifieds, feel free to private message me.

• Like 5

I second that emotion! Especially like the "free" part -- so please post some stuff! I have not yet begun to ho!

• Like 1

I'm the perfect target for this. My wife watches my golf expenditures like a hawk. Help me keep a happy marriage by selling your gear that I can use.

• Like 2

I may have to throw some iron shafts I just got in up for sale. I don't have any heads for them... And I DON'T need to to find any. Also have an interesting 2 iron project club I haven't yet hit because I don't think I have the frijoles for it.

I may have to throw some iron shafts I just got in up for sale. I don't have any heads for them... And I DON'T need to to find any. Also have an interesting 2 iron project club I haven't yet hit because I don't think I have the frijoles for it.

And I've got some Wishon heads that I won in an auction with R shafts that feel like noodles in my hands.

I REALLY need to start cleaning out my "warehouse."

HOW ABOUT A SUBSET OF CLASSIFIEDS FOR TRADES? If it were up to me I'd call it Trade 'O Rama or some such. Seems that everything in classifieds is for sale. I did a private sale in the forum a while back without going through the classifieds. Today I was thinking about my new putter and what if it didn't work out. I have other clubs also sitting around. I think I'd rather explore a trade with a member as opposed to selling something. I don't need cash per se. But someone just might have something I'd like to have or visa-versa. Shipping would be worked out between members. After all.... trading is the oldest form of commerce on the planet.

• Like 2

Trades would definitely be a consideration, as far as I'm concerned.

In the spirit of all the other sites I've done classifieds on, and there's a few, I'd go against having a trades only section. Why? It gets less views. Were it me (and I've done it on here before) I'd put WTT (want to trade) in my title. Write the descriptor and put a price on it (that way if someone wants to buy straight up that option is there too) and then list the specific items you'd want to trade it for. Gives a cleaner set of pages as well as has the trade option.

My question, though, would be would it be possible to add a feedback rating system? I know on another site I frequent there is a feedback option that's great to give people an idea of whom they're trading with/buying from.

• Like 4

I like the idea of having a trade option - would it not work if you put it in the normal classifieds and just added willing to trade for or willing to trade for ****** of equal value or some such.  I'm a long way away of course but it wouldn't phase me if I had to ship or whatever.

Just saying.

• Like 2

I had a trade go bad. I'm out a putter and some cash. I'm leaving MGS - 

I hope nobody else has a similar bad experience.

Any ideas how to handle it when a "trade partner" doesn't meet his end of the bargain?

I'm having issues with Xstiffshafts. 

I assume you've tried the PM route, did you get a phone or email when you guys arranged the deal?   I'm guessing also you've exhausted those routes since you are posting here.  

How long has it been since your last communication from him?  Other than possibly starting a thread saying  Where are you?   I'm not sure MGS gets involved in any disputes since it's all user arranged. 

I saw on another forum someone was having problems with xstiffshafts as well

People suck sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw on another forum someone was having problems with xstiffshafts as well

People suck sometimes

Wow.. That's not good.  Hate to hear people getting taken advantage of.  I don't do a lot of marketplace stuff here or on previous forums I was on, but when I did it was always with a long standing member who had a solid reputation. 

Hopefully there is a good explanation. I had a deal with him recently that went just fine. Sorry

• Like 1

Please read prior posts. I will no longer be participating in MGS.

MGS is like Craigslist. They have no liability here regarding sales or trades

• Like 4