Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How to Make a Masters Pimento Cheese Sandwich

GolfSpy Barbajo

May have to put these on the menu for Masters Weekend -- thinking they might approach higher levels of awesomeness if they're --- grilled?

Masters Recipe: How to Make a Pimento Cheese Sandwich

pimento.jpg

Augusta National's famous pimento cheese sandwich.

by Mike Walker  Posted:Thu Mar. 26, 2015

What gets the most raves from golf fans attending the Masters for the first time? Sure, the fairways are lush, the white-sand bunkers sparkle, the azaleas are in full bloom, and golf history comes alive on every hole. But the concession prices really blow first-timers away: they're the best bargain in sports!

Ham and cheese on rye? $2.50. Coca-Cola? $1.50. Domestic Beer? $3. But the most traditional Augusta menu offering is the pimento cheese sandwich, which costs just $1.50. If you can't make it to Augusta National, here's how to make one at home.

How to Make a Masters-Style Pimento Cheese Sandwich

You'll need:

3 cups shredded white cheddar cheese

2 cups shredded yellow sharp cheddar cheese

4 oz crumbled blue cheese

1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1 (4-oz) jar sliced pimentos, drained

1 cup light mayo

2 tbs Dijon mustard

Loaf of white bread

Combine cheeses, pimentos, mayo and mustard in a food processor and process until smooth. Cover and chill. Spread on bread slices. Makes four sandwiches.

From the book Par 3 Tea-Time at the Masters by the Junior League of Augusta, Ga., available on Amazon.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The pimento cheese at Augusta isn't smooth though. It's still kind of lumpy and inconsistent. I'll try the recipe though

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

That was one of my best experiences at the Masters the pimento cheese sandwiches. The last time I went about 25 years ago or so I went with a friend of mine. My Dad asked him when we returned where was the first place I went when we crashed the gate? My friend told him "straight to a concession stand where he got 2 pimento cheese sandwiches" My Dad said thought so that is why I bet Charlie $100 on it.

Thanks a lot for posting that guess what I am making this weekend? And I will have it all to myself my wife hates pimento cheese. One change though I will have to use Dukes Mayo because I am from NC and that is the only Mayo we old hard boiled Tar Heels use

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 4 weeks later...

I actually found something that's closer than this recipe.  It's from not too far away from Augusta either.  I bought it at Kroger and it's in a white/clear container with an orange lid and is called Palmetto Cheese.  It's made with real Wisconsin cheese and is from Pawley's Island South Carolina. Eating some right now, actually.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

One of the big highlights from my day at the Masters.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

Rookie yep they make it right down the road for me. Good stuff in fact my wife works for Kroger and has gotten it for me.

Made my pimento cheese from the above recipe and it turned out great! Was good Master's weekend with the big screen and due to the importance of the occasion I even had 2 PBRs to wash it down with

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived