Sign in to follow this  
evansscholar

Masters Giveaways

Hey everyone! It's that time of year that people love giving stuff away, so it would be helpful to have a place to share sign-ups for giveaways online. Other than Rory giving away 5 pairs of headphones on his Facebook page (facebook.com/RoryMcilroy) I got an email about this one from 2nd Swing last week. Grand prize is two '14 Masters Scotty's. www.2ndswing.com/t-augusta-georgia-contest.aspx  

Also, I don't get any bonus entries for sharing the link, just thought it would be good to have a place to share 'em. 

masterslanding.jpg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Condor

• By GolfSpy MPR
      It's time for a MyGolfSpy Super Bowl pick'em contest!
      Like our contest for The Match, we're setting up some props for you to pick for Sunday's Rams vs. Patriots championship game. For each prop, complete the poll to pick the side you think will happen.
      NOTE THIS CAREFULLY: For a tie break, post in this thread the total points (both teams combined) that will be scored in the game. Submissions without a tie break will be given lowest priority in the event of a tie.
      And there are PRIZES!
      A MyGolfSpy putter cover (either mallet or blade) A MyGolfSpy bag tag A MyGolfSpy divot tool We'll be closing this contest at 6:00pm Eastern Time on Sunday. Good luck to all, and winners will be announced next week!
      We had 261 entries in the MyGolfSpy Prop Bet challenge. Some of the props resulted in landslide wins: only 9 of you thought there would be a safety; the other 252 of us were glad you were wrong. Some were pretty close to 50/50. Oddly, the total yardage prop (51.92% for the Patriots to 48.08% for the Rams) was closer to 50/50 than the actual 50/50 bet on the board (the coin toss, with 52.31% going heads and 47.69% tails).
      As for the tie break: everyone was (shocking) way over. The closest there was @Herb, at 29.
      The distribution was almost a bell curve; it skewed high because of a couple that most people got right:

On one extreme was an entry that got a single prop correct. I don't want to single him out, but he and I were fellow reviewers on the G700 irons. 🙂
      Among the staff, @GolfSpy MBP had the most impressive performance, nailing 9 out of ten. He doesn't get a prize for two reasons: he's ineligible, and he picked a combined score of 327, which was only off by 311 points. (Also, I would rather have watched that game.)
      Rounding out the staff results:
      @GolfSpy STUDque: 8 @GolfSpy Barbajo and @GolfSpy Dave: 7 (and they both picked 49 points, for a total tie, or collusion) @GolfSpy MPR: 5 <sniffle> There were nine contestants who picked 9 out of 10 correctly. Unfortunately, only three of the nine (counting MBP) followed the instructions (left above in this post for the record) to add your total score prediction as a tie break. Honorable mentions, then, to he guys who nailed the predictions but didn't nail the instructions:
      @2talltodd @banny @deg430 @jody @marvimus @mtashiro That leaves three (how convenient!). In third place, picking 9 of 10 correctly and predicting 52 points scored was @Kduncan55! To him goes the MyGolfSpy divot tool!
      In second place, also getting 9 right but picking the still grossly inflated, but closer to the (boring) reality 44 points, is @golfer71909! We'll get a bag tag headed that way!
      And the winner of the MyGolfSpy Prop Bet contest is: @jscarborough55! He defied the odds and picked all 10 correctly. Being the only one who did so, it doesn't matter that he expected a wildly optimistic 45 points in the game. For his victory, he gets his choice of the MyGolfSpy mallet or blade headcovers!
      Congrats to the winners, and thanks to all for playing!
    • By TinkerGolfMan
      https://www.cobragolf.com/ultimate-usa-sweeps-2018?utm_source=social&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=usa%20sweeps

• By mwsb1998
      I was lucky enough to win the grand prize for the Masters round of the #SpyStaffSlam year long contest.  The prize was ANY set of Wilson irons custom built to my specs.  This probably won't be a great review, for that I apologize.  The "challenge" I had was last fall I was custom fit for a set of Mizuno JPX 900 forged irons, so I wasn't in the market for a new set of irons.  However, I needed to get my 12 year old son a new set as he's outgrown his junior set.  I was trying to figure this out for some time in terms of what to get him, senior/ladies/reg flex, a teen set, length and all of those things that had to be figured out with a pre-teen, not to mention that he's a lefty.  So I opted to use this chance to get him his irons (yes, I was very jealous - my first real set came from Kmart).  After looking at all the incredible choices Wilson offers I settled on the C300. These are beautiful irons for sure, and I elected not to get him the forged as the regular ones, as far as I researched, seemed to have some more forgiveness.  The challenge now is what to do with length, lie and flex.  I do not live close to a fitter so I had to take the static measurements, and research online.  I decided to go with the XP90 regular flex shaft as it seemed to be on the lighter side for, but also a regular flex so he can continue to grow into them.  The stock length of these irons is long (7 iron is 37.5" compared to my standard length of my JPX 900 which is 36.75"). So I had them cut .75" short, which made them just .25" shorter than my set.  He still needs to choke down on them, but they're more manageable.  To compensate for his height and the length of the clubs, I had them set at 1* flat.  For grips I got him the standard wilson grip.  These are beautiful clubs!  He was ready to go hit them right away and so we went out.  It will take some getting used to for sure, but it will come.  So while I cannot give you a full review of performance, the process was simple and they were shipped quickly and to spec. He is now set for this year and many to come and I am so looking forward to playing golf with him and my daughter for many years. Thank you My Golf Spy and Wilson for the amazing prize! It's the closest thing to winning the lottery as I'll ever get.

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Press Release From Puma:

When it comes to the first major of the year, Rickie Fowler will be dressed to the nines each day in apparel from PUMA Golf's Spring Summer ‘18 Collection. Rickie's Thursday look will include a Polo, Belt, P Cap and LE Hi-Tops in a new Heather & Lime colorway, PUMA's nod to Master's green (the LE Hi-Tops will be available starting next week. More details to follow then).  Rickie will close out the tournament in his traditional Sunday look with pops of his signature Orange.

Bryson DeChambeau is ready for Augusta with a selection of sophisticated apparel pieces, footwear and accessories from PUMA Golf's Spring Summer'18 collection. The looks include his signature driver cap; Red, White & Blue on Sunday, along with highlights of PUMA's new Acid Lime colorway to deliver four cohesive looks that will keep him looking stylish as he vies for his first Green Jacket.

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Just browsing through the forums today and it's hard to miss how many awesome things are going on right now with MGS.

Just on the first page of New Content (which I can't seem to hardly ever make it past) we have such great topics as

Most Wanted Driver Results Cobra Connect Challenge-Full Bag Edition Wilson Staff Spy Slam Masters contest for a custom set of Wilson irons of your choice Sneek Peak at the new Hogan Edge Irons and Equalizer Wedges Fantasy Golf Going On New Members by the boatload introducing themselves  
      And overall just a lot of great golf conversations going on in a friendly, helpful manner with no drama or BS.  This is fully due to the phenomenal membership here. Thanks to all you for making it such a great place, and for letting me hang out with ya'll

Oh and stay tuned, if we haven't said it recently, testing season is just getting ramped up and the opportunities are going to be incredible.   If you're new and have any questions about that, feel free to ask anyone here, they'll be glad to help.   And it this thread will tell you most everything you need to know.  

Note: The thread was started 4 years ago, but GolfSpy_Meyer posted an update to it on post 178, so starting there is not a bad thing.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/9910-how-forum-testers-will-be-chosen-do-not-apply-within/page-12?hl=%20want%20%20to%20%20be%20%20tester

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!