TESTERS WANTED! ×

My new Hogans just arrived!

Got my order in yesterday - well ahead of the projected delivery date. Will be taking them for a trial run at the course tomorrow. The suggested shafts are KBS Tour 90s, which came standard at no extra charge. Grips are medium-sized Hogans. And for anyone who might be hesitant to buy the clubs without trying them first... see BH statement below. 

IMG_0209-2.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

11072524_444941845655496_6374883958930947395_o.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice!

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Awesome - love the packaging. They're doing it first class. Can't wait to hear how you like them!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Those are sexy. The more and more I look at those the more I like them. 

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Will see how I like them tomorrow. I like jumbo grips, and the Hogans are mid-size (they didn't come in jumbo). Also noticed that the overall size of the club's head is just a bit smaller and thinner than my MP-54s.

Lock your doors tonight. San Antonio is not that far from here. Although, Ft. Worth is half the distance.

i am jealous. They look awesome.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Lovely! I am just a little more than jealous.

I hope you enjoy them, but please tell me they are awful or I may end up them! :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Those look sweet!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Those are absolutely Beautiful!  I am very jealous at this moment.  The best I can do right now is the 3 SCOR wedges that I got recently off ebay.  That said, I am anxiously awaiting your review.  These Hogans rule!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Very nice, possibly the first set in the Alamo City .....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Very nice, possibly the first set in the Alamo City .....

So, when are we casually going to run into him to touch the Hogans?

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Very sweet!  Keep us posted on your experience with them!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Got paired yesterday with a guy who still bags Hogan Apex's.  He was aware of the release and looked long and hard at my SCORs even taking the 48 for a spin a couple of times after he saw me hit it inside of 15 feet a couple of times.

These look beautiful - best wishes for your performance with them and please do let us know how they work out.  I'm still wondering about going with 4 Hogans to replace my 9-5 iron and then adding a SCOR 56 off of ebay for between my 53 and 60 - I'd get the 53 bent to 52.

I've bagged Mizuno 825 pros and the SCOR short irons heads are significantly more compact looking than those and yet they are more forgiving - I'm guessing you'll have the same experience comparing the Hogans to the 54's.  Honestly my experience with the SCORs is that they look like blades and yet are as long as and more forgiving than my Wilson C100's.  It's pretty remarkable.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hula: don't know if you're right or not, but I did put in my order the first day they were offered for sale. I'm sure I was at least one of the first thousand. Will have to keep them locked up in case Rover is in the neighborhood ;-)

Very cool. Interested to see more pics and hear others reviews.

Got paired yesterday with a guy who still bags Hogan Apex's.  He was aware of the release and looked long and hard at my SCORs even taking the 48 for a spin a couple of times after he saw me hit it inside of 15 feet a couple of times.

These look beautiful - best wishes for your performance with them and please do let us know how they work out.  I'm still wondering about going with 4 Hogans to replace my 9-5 iron and then adding a SCOR 56 off of ebay for between my 53 and 60 - I'd get the 53 bent to 52.

I've bagged Mizuno 825 pros and the SCOR short irons heads are significantly more compact looking than those and yet they are more forgiving - I'm guessing you'll have the same experience comparing the Hogans to the 54's.  Honestly my experience with the SCORs is that they look like blades and yet are as long as and more forgiving than my Wilson C100's.  It's pretty remarkable.

revkev: I replaced my MP-54s with five Hogan irons - PW-6. These days, that's just about all anyone needs in irons anymore, considering all the hybrids out there. if I'm hitting well, I go from driver to 8 thru wedge on my second shot to the green. Have to admit that I didn't necessarily get the Hogans because I thought there would be a huge game improvement but, instead, because i've always wanted to play Hogans. The Mizuno MP-54s are great irons. 

I spoke with Charles Howell III at the Valero Texas Open last week and he told me that the 54s were great clubs, and that there really wasn't that much difference between the new MP-15s and MP-H5 irons that just came out. He was an MP-64 guy for quite a awhile. 

Your right about the compact look of the Hogans. And they do look like blades at first glance. They're also a bit thinner if you compare the thickness of the 54 to the Fort Worth. If they're the least bit forgiving, they'll be a great club for me, and ones I'll probably stick with until they produce a better iron in about five years. Thanks for the best wishes. Hope to get out with them asap, but it looks like rain in San Antonio today. May do TopGolf instead. For that, I'll use my 54s. ;-) Will be sure to report back at the first opportunity. 

The attached photo is of long-time Hogan collector Thomas Greedy, who stopped by the Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company Headquarters to pick up his new clubs. He actually bought one club in every loft! Wow. Now, that's a Hogan fan.

10956358_441815555968125_5327820121290936979_o.jpg

Swing em well,  Maybe I will run into you down here so I can take a look at those jems.  On a side note, Texas Golf Club, have you seen it lately?  WOW

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Swing em well,  Maybe I will run into you down here so I can take a look at those jems.  On a side note, Texas Golf Club, have you seen it lately?  WOW

Hula: I'm usually at my place - Canyon Springs - or at Brackenridge, the oldest public course in Texas. it was also once of Hogan's favorite courses. Also hang out at Republic, Vaalar, and La Cantera

Hula: I'm usually at my place - Canyon Springs - or at Brackenridge, the oldest public course in Texas. it was also once of Hogan's favorite courses. Also hang out at Republic, Vaalar, and La Cantera

Maybe we will cross paths, I am a member at Fair Oaks, but also keep TPC, Sonterra, Hyatt Hill Country and Valeer in play rotation.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I'm up at Canyon Springs quite a bit. Live about a mile from the course.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Honestly my experience with the SCORs is that they look like blades and yet are as long as and more forgiving than my Wilson C100's.  It's pretty remarkable.

Don't say that Rev, I really don't NEED New irons...

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Will have to keep them locked up in case Rover is in the neighborhood ;-)

I'll be there in June.  Not sure when, but it won't be a secret.

Edit:  On second thought maybe it should be.

We have Hancock in Austin est 1899.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Hula: don't know if you're right or not, but I did put in my order the first day they were offered for sale. I'm sure I was at least one of the first thousand. Will have to keep them locked up in case Rover is in the neighborhood ;-)

Thats right, keep an eye out for Rover. Bogey will use his training to help you secure them. Keep an eye out the front window for Rover and I will keep the clubs safe with me by the back door. Nothing to see here......move along........ all is well...... clubs are safe...........Keep looking out front......

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

I'll be there in June.  Not sure when, but it won't be a secret.

Edit:  On second thought maybe it should be.

Hit us up in June, Maybe we can get a few guys from the SA/Austin area together for a round or two.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I play 64's. I will be very anxious to read what you have to say about the comparison with the 54's.

Good to hear from you. I took the Hogan's out for their first real test at Brackenridge Park, a local public course here in San Antonio where Hogan frequented on occasion. The following is the feedback I sent to Hogan:

"Finally, the search is over. With my new Hogan irons I feel as though I've finally found the clubs that are, in effect, the ultimate compliment to my game. Because of my Hogan fit, and the recommendations made by Hogan, I'm getting playability and distance that wasn't available to me in the past. Bottom line: I've finally found the clubs that allow me to play my best. Since getting the irons, quite a few people have shown a great deal of interest in them, and I'm always quick to give them my highest recommendation. Thanks, Hogan. I'm looking forward to a long-lasting relationship with the company."

Needless to say, I love these clubs. On perfect shots, I hear a swish, and don't even feel the ball. I was told by the folks at Hogan that it's because of the 1205 carbon steel used that makes the clubs very soft. They look like blades, but are forged. I've decided to go ahead and get the wedges as well - giving up my Titleist SM5s, which are not forged.

As for the 54s, they are fatter than the Hogans, and a bit heavier, despite the KBS C Tapor Lites I have on them. 54s are considered a player's club. I liked hem very much, and have played well with them. I've had three sets of Mizunos, and they've served me well. That said, with the Hogans, I finally feel I've found my clubs. By the way, I'm also getting more distance with the Hogans, over then 54s; what used to take a 7 iron, now takes an 8. I would have shot a 78 or 79 yesterday I had known that was going to happen. Completely overshot a par 3 using an 8 ;-)  

On a side note: I was working the Texas Valero Open two weeks ago and had a chance to talk with Charles Howell III, who, as you probably know, is sponsored by Mizuno. He used MP-64s for quite a while. He's now using the new MP-15s. Says there's really not much difference between the MP-15s and the new MPH5. Said he really like his MP-64s. 

That's about it for now. Have had quite a few people ask to see the Hogans when they learn I have them. If you've got any more questions, let me know. 

Hit us up in June, Maybe we can get a few guys from the SA/Austin area together for a round or two.

Change of plans. it seems the meeting in San An is mandatory for everyone in my company, except me. I will not be coming that weekend and am planning on Houston instead.

Good to hear from you. I took the Hogan's out for their first real test at Brackenridge Park, a local public course here in San Antonio where Hogan frequented on occasion. The following is the feedback I sent to Hogan:

"Finally, the search is over. With my new Hogan irons I feel as though I've finally found the clubs that are, in effect, the ultimate compliment to my game. Because of my Hogan fit, and the recommendations made by Hogan, I'm getting playability and distance that wasn't available to me in the past. Bottom line: I've finally found the clubs that allow me to play my best. Since getting the irons, quite a few people have shown a great deal of interest in them, and I'm always quick to give them my highest recommendation. Thanks, Hogan. I'm looking forward to a long-lasting relationship with the company."

Needless to say, I love these clubs. On perfect shots, I hear a swish, and don't even feel the ball. I was told by the folks at Hogan that it's because of the 1205 carbon steel used that makes the clubs very soft. They look like blades, but are forged. I've decided to go ahead and get the wedges as well - giving up my Titleist SM5s, which are not forged.

Aw man, you've got me Jonesing to hit them again....

Can you post some pix soon?  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived