Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

My new Hogans just arrived!

Aw man, you've got me Jonesing to hit them again....

Can you post some pix soon?  

I've got a few pictures of them posted on the WIYB site - under "My new Hogans just arrived." I got the PW thru 6 iron. From there I go to a 7W or 5W. The irons are very sleek looking compared to most clubs on the market. If you haven't done so already, you might want to get on their site and check out the "HOGANFIT" section. After you fill out the information, Hogan will tell you what loft they recommend that you should be using, based on your input. Face it, some people need a seven and a half instead of a seven. They changed the lofts I was using with my MP-54s. Regardless, it's interesting to see what lofts they think you should be hitting for each club you use. If you can't find the photos I took, let me know and I'll send them to you. Good to hear from you.  Fred  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a few pictures of them posted on the WIYB site - under "My new Hogans just arrived." I got the PW thru 6 iron. From there I go to a 7W or 5W. The irons are very sleek looking compared to most clubs on the market. If you haven't done so already, you might want to get on their site and check out the "HOGANFIT" section. After you fill out the information, Hogan will tell you what loft they recommend that you should be using, based on your input. Face it, some people need a seven and a half instead of a seven. They changed the lofts I was using with my MP-54s. Regardless, it's interesting to see what lofts they think you should be hitting for each club you use. If you can't find the photos I took, let me know and I'll send them to you. Good to hear from you.  Fred  

Saw those -- I'm just aching for more!  

My HoganFit prescription was reasonably close to my current setup. They're going to have a state-of-the-art fitting experience at their facility in Forth Worth, probably by the fall.  It's in the old ink storage room of the Fort Worth Star Telegram building, with 60' high ceilings.  It'll have a huge screen and launch monitor setup and, according to the Hogan folks, several different kinds of fake turf to hit off of, as well as a chipping area to get fit for wedges.  

I see another trip to Fort Worth in my future.... B)

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Saw those -- I'm just aching for more!  

My HoganFit prescription was reasonably close to my current setup. They're going to have a state-of-the-art fitting experience at their facility in Forth Worth, probably by the fall.  It's in the old ink storage room of the Fort Worth Star Telegram building, with 60' high ceilings.  It'll have a huge screen and launch monitor setup and, according to the Hogan folks, several different kinds of fake turf to hit off of, as well as a chipping area to get fit for wedges.  

I see another trip to Fort Worth in my future.... B)

When the opportunity arrives, I, too, will be headed toward Fort Worth. I know they'll be giving tours of the new building when it's finished. Based on your description of the new place, sounds like it will be well worth the visit. Have my first Hogan wedge on the way. Unlike my Titleist SM5s, the Hogan wedges are forged, providing a softer feel, and will come with KBS wedge shafts. If it passes the test, which I'm sure it will, I'll get two more. Playing tomorrow with an older gentleman who played with Hogan as an amateur in one of the early U.S. Opens. At 86, he still hits it down the middle.

When the opportunity arrives, I, too, will be headed toward Fort Worth. I know they'll be giving tours of the new building when it's finished. Based on your description of the new place, sounds like it will be well worth the visit. Have my first Hogan wedge on the way. Unlike my Titleist SM5s, the Hogan wedges are forged, providing a softer feel, and will come with KBS wedge shafts. If it passes the test, which I'm sure it will, I'll get two more. Playing tomorrow with an older gentleman who played with Hogan as an amateur in one of the early U.S. Opens. At 86, he still hits it down the middle.

Need a caddy?

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Bogey and I are playing in Austin Monday morning. Feel free to join us with your Hogans haha.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bogey and I are playing in Austin Monday morning. Feel free to join us with your Hogans haha.

uh....yeah, yeah,........... you distract him, I'll.....do what needs to be done...........meet ya in the car. I get the clubs. You get the bag.

huh???

What do you mean I posted this? 

this wasn't :blink:  in a PM?

I am very Glad that Fred started this thread. First because everyone wants to know about these clubs. Secondly, everytime I reply to it, the fron page of the forum threads reads "My new Hogans just arrived! by Bogey in the Woods"

While it may not be true, it sure makes me think its possible. B)

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Need a caddy?

Thanks for the offer, Bogey, but I wouldn't have any tournament money to offer you. And, no, you can't have one of the irons instead ;-) Had a great time this morning. Once again, got great distance and feel with the irons. Wore my new Ben Hogan hat - got to get it all int the family. Right? Got some covers coming for the irons. Still need to hit the driving range and spend a couple hours with the irons to better become one with them.

Good to hear from you. One of these days - not Monday, unfortunately - I'd love to play golf in Austin... although I'm not sure how safe it would be to bring the Hogans ;-) As a new side note: got a new Odyssey putter at Golfsmith. Love it. It's a counter-balance, and much sturdier than my Newport 2.5. 

Thanks for the offer, Bogey, but I wouldn't have any tournament money to offer you. And, no, you can't have one of the irons instead ;-) Had a great time this morning. Once again, got great distance and feel with the irons. Wore my new Ben Hogan hat - got to get it all int the family. Right? Got some covers coming for the irons. Still need to hit the driving range and spend a couple hours with the irons to better become one with them.

Good to hear from you. One of these days - not Monday, unfortunately - I'd love to play golf in Austin... although I'm not sure how safe it would be to bring the Hogans ;-) As a new side note: got a new Odyssey putter at Golfsmith. Love it. It's a counter-balance, and much sturdier than my Newport 2.5. 

You've said a few times you are getting more distance. Is it so much that you now have new distances in your heads for each club? Is your old 7 iron shot now an 8 iron?

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Hogan.......after a page or so of advertising stuff the following was excerpted:

You have been selected from our rapidly-growing database of HoganFit takers to personally try the new Hogans absolutely RISK-FREE. We would like to send you a DEMO set of three irons – long, medium and short – in the standard shaft closest to that in your HoganFit ‘prescription”. Play them for up to 30 days and then let us know what you think.

There is no obligation to buy. All we ask is that you pay $29.95 to cover shipping and handling both ways.

Not bad for a trial 30 day period.....what do you think?  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I received the same email -- very much considering it!  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Change of plans. it seems the meeting in San An is mandatory for everyone in my company, except me. I will not be coming that weekend and am planning on Houston instead.

What week?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I received the same email and am also in the consideration phase.  I'm receiving an honorarium for a funeral tomorrow and a wedding the next week.  That would cover the cost if I like them.  It's very tempting.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just got an email from Hogan.......after a page or so of advertising stuff the following was excerpted:

You have been selected from our rapidly-growing database of HoganFit takers to personally try the new Hogans absolutely RISK-FREE. We would like to send you a DEMO set of three irons – long, medium and short – in the standard shaft closest to that in your HoganFit ‘prescription”. Play them for up to 30 days and then let us know what you think.

There is no obligation to buy. All we ask is that you pay $29.95 to cover shipping and handling both ways.

Not bad for a trial 30 day period.....what do you think?  

I think it's a very good deal, providing you are truly interested in purchasing the clubs sometime in the future. Most companies wouldn't be so generous, I think, and it's a great way to try them out risk-free. That said, I've expressed in the past on this forum how much I love my Hogans; they will be my last set of clubs until (if and when) the company improves upon them. I'm very proud of the fact that I own a fitted set of the irons, and often find myself promoting them to other golfers. Did so today at a Knights of Columbus tournament here in San Antonio. I let one guy try them, next thing you know, another wanted to check them out. When I move back to the Dallas/Fort worth area next year, maybe I should try and see if they'd hire this ex-media guy to work for them ;-)

I think it's a very good deal, providing you are truly interested in purchasing the clubs sometime in the future. Most companies wouldn't be so generous, I think, and it's a great way to try them out risk-free. That said, I've expressed in the past on this forum how much I love my Hogans; they will be my last set of clubs until (if and when) the company improves upon them. I'm very proud of the fact that I own a fitted set of the irons, and often find myself promoting them to other golfers. Did so today at a Knights of Columbus tournament here in San Antonio. I let one guy try them, next thing you know, another wanted to check them out. When I move back to the Dallas/Fort worth area next year, maybe I should try and see if they'd hire this ex-media guy to work for them ;-)

I was excited for them as I am a SCOR owner. Then they happily took my $500 deposit on Christmas day with no mention that they had no intentions of making a LH version of the irons. If you're going to specialize in only irons and wedges, is it that difficult to make them available in LH? I guess I'm still bitter.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I got the email too...consideration in progress.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Me too. But I don't need a long, middle and short club. I would only consider 5-8 iron equivalents, because I am keeping my SCORs. Wonder if they would do 2 clubs? Guess I'll ask.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was excited for them as I am a SCOR owner. Then they happily took my $500 deposit on Christmas day with no mention that they had no intentions of making a LH version of the irons. If you're going to specialize in only irons and wedges, is it that difficult to make them available in LH? I guess I'm still bitter.

I'll get a hold of the guys in the customer service dept. that I know and get an answer for you. I think they simply started out with RH clubs because most players are RH. Hard to believe that they wouldn't offer LH clubs sometime down the line.

Fred

I got the same offer yesterday in my email, but since my local fitter was already a SCOR vendor, I'm going to wait an see if they decide to carry the Ben Hogans.  I have no desire to use an online fitting, if I can get fit for them locally?

Even if my local fitter passes on the Hogans, I confirmed 2nd Swing will carry the line, so I can still get personally fit.  2nd Swing also carries the Srixons, so I can compare the sets side by side.

Now that we've finished loft/lie adjustements on my current set of irons, I'm in no hurry to make any changes there, for awhile anyway - lol

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I didn't get the offer (pouting), but thinking that maybe this was because I completed my Hoganfit when is was still in the experimental pre-reveal stages, I went back in and did it again.

I got different results the second time.   Still very close to what I'd want, but different.   And it appeared that they'd changed it a bit.  

Anyway, I'd love to get the offer, because my one point of hesitation is whether or not I'd be able to hit the long and mid irons well.   But all I'd really want is the 5 thru 8 anyway.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Here's the response I got from Hogan about LH clubs. Sorry, looks like it's going to be while. They're probably going to have to be more established before they can start offering clubs for LHers.

Hi Fred,

As of today, there is no timetable on when we will have left handed clubs.  I will keep your name on a list of lefties and will keep you in the loop on a release date.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Bill Totten

Trade Partner Customer Service Representative

BillT@BenHoganGolf.com 

Direct Line 1-817-576-8612 | Cell 1262-271-1956

Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company

685 John B. Sias Memorial Parkway, Ste 515

Fort Worth, TX 76134

Well, sadly i wasnt sent the Hogan email offer...........

But I did get an email from Warrior Golf for a free hybrid....... :wacko:

are the golf gods trying to tell me something?

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Yes sir.

My father played the old Apex clubs as a lefty. 

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

If Hogan is like SCOR in regards to customer service my guess is that if you called and inquired they would include you in the offer and they would be flexible. I'm going to refrain for now, I'd like to but I made a promise to my wife.

It's killing me but I'm having success with what I currently bag. I'd need five clubs and that's some serious scratch just for looks and an unknown level of improvement. I'd love to try something around a 30 to see. But I could invest $185 on game golf, 3 lessons, a round at TPC with a friend, another pair of tru links wears or a gym membership and the wife would understand way before a club.

There's little doubt that I'm going to find a way to try a new Hogan, it's a question of when and after reflection and a 72 the when isn't now. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

If Hogan is like SCOR in regards to customer service my guess is that if you called and inquired they would include you in the offer and they would be flexible. I'm going to refrain for now, I'd like to but I made a promise to my wife.

It's killing me but I'm having success with what I currently bag. I'd need five clubs and that's some serious scratch just for looks and an unknown level of improvement. I'd love to try something around a 30 to see. But I could invest $185 on game golf, 3 lessons, a round at TPC with a friend, another pair of tru links wears or a gym membership and the wife would understand way before a club.

There's little doubt that I'm going to find a way to try a new Hogan, it's a question of when and after reflection and a 72 the when isn't now. :)

If nothing else, I suppose you could send a quick email to Bill Totten, the Hogan customer service rep who wrote me back and see if they'd let you try a 30 degree for the same 30-day period they're giving others. It would only be for one club, but if they think you might eventually buy more clubs, maybe they'd be flexible. and you'd get your money back if you weren't happy with the club. I suspect that those people Hogan made the 30-day offer to may be people who have contacted the company inquiring about the clubs. Otherwise, I'm not sure how the company would have gotten their names. Meanwhile shooting in the low 70s is certainly nothing to scoff at. 

They were great to me when they were SCOR, I would not take advantage of their good will like that. I think that consumers have a responsibility also. The day will come when I will seriously consider purchasing Hogan irons. When it does, I will ask for that opportunity to try.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 4 months later...

In the late 1970s, I returned to golf after a layoff caused to some extent by marriage and the siring of two new fellow choppers.  My ball striking with my old Citations blades was not drawing gasps of admiration, so I invested in a set of the then new stainless steel game improvement irons.  My choice was a set of Spalding Executives, 2-SW, not especially expensive, and while they were uglier than a coyote's rectum, they were super easy to hit and allowed me to get back into the fray without too much discouragement.  As the ball striking got better, I started wanting to hit shots that the extreme sole and perimeter weighting weren't good for, so eventually, I went back to golf clubs that looked a little more like golf clubs.

In 1978, the Executive irons cost me exactly $257.00, $199 for the 3-PW and then $29 each for the 2-iron and sand wedge.  The laminated maple 3, 4, 5, and 7-woods were maybe thirty-five bucks each, my memory not being precise in their case.  I also spent about twenty bucks on a new Ray Cook mallet putter.  My equipment budget was exhausted at that point.

My new Hogans  were $168 EACH for nine clubs--23, 28, 33, 38, 43, 48, 53, 58, 63º.  If I didn't like them, I would be extremely agitated!  Fortunately, I do like them and wrote a little review elsewhere in these forums.

In the late 1970s, I returned to golf after a layoff caused to some extent by marriage and the siring of two new fellow choppers.  My ball striking with my old Citations blades was not drawing gasps of admiration, so I invested in a set of the then new stainless steel game improvement irons.  My choice was a set of Spalding Executives, 2-SW, not especially expensive, and while they were uglier than a coyote's rectum, they were super easy to hit and allowed me to get back into the fray without too much discouragement.  As the ball striking got better, I started wanting to hit shots that the extreme sole and perimeter weighting weren't good for, so eventually, I went back to golf clubs that looked a little more like golf clubs.

In 1978, the Executive irons cost me exactly $257.00, $199 for the 3-PW and then $29 each for the 2-iron and sand wedge.  The laminated maple 3, 4, 5, and 7-woods were maybe thirty-five bucks each, my memory not being precise in their case.  I also spent about twenty bucks on a new Ray Cook mallet putter.  My equipment budget was exhausted at that point.

My new Hogans  were $168 EACH for nine clubs--23, 28, 33, 38, 43, 48, 53, 58, 63º.  If I didn't like them, I would be extremely agitated!  Fortunately, I do like them and wrote a little review elsewhere in these forums.

Why the 5* gap between clubs rather than the recommended 4* gap?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

23-27-31-35-39-43-47-51-55-59-63 =eleven clubs

23-28-33-38-43-48-53-58-63= nine clubs.

I've got four Titleist PT metals with these awesome Seamus Golf tartan plaid headcovers (four different plaids) that aren't going anywhere.  They're not too strong lofted like modern metalwoods.  They're not too upright like modern metalwoods.  They don't have closed faces like modern metalwoods. They're shaped like the wooden woods with which I learned the game unlike modern metalwoods.  And nine plus four equals thirteen, just enough room for a putter. Beyond that, those four plaid headcovers look like sex and money in my leather and twill Belding bag.

Sometimes I replace something for a dedicated driving iron or dedicated sand iron (like a Worx).  Four degree gaps don't allow me the flexibility I need to stay within the fourteen club limit.

Beyond that, my swing speed isn't what it was when I was thirty.  If four degree progressions gave me good yardage increments then, five degree progressions give me them now.  The overall yardage range  from longest to shortest is of course less, so it needs fewer clubs to cover and also leaves more room for shot-specific utilities when desired.

Hope that helps.

Archived