Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MY NEW BABY! A Formula 6

Turftaker

Just the other day I was looking for feed back from anyone who had hit the KRANK line of drivers. Found out there was a ton of people out there that do.

Fill out some paper work from KRANK and low and behold got a call from them the very next day. Screw up on there part. Couple of them actually. The marketing company had the promo I got on go on too long (was supposed to be Saturday only) and on top of it, they gave me an additional $200 off in an email... oops. So with that, I introduce you to my newest edition

F6 behind 10.5.jpg

F6 crown 10.5.jpg

F6 face 10.5.jpg

F6 sole 10.5.jpg

I've never hit one of these, much like the Tour Edge I purchased 3 days ago that I'm still waiting for. 3 weeks for club build and delivery. A bit long in my mind, but apparently they aren't even out on the market yet and this was just a pre-order campaign.

Here's to shooting low folks, and now, bombing it right down the middle!!!

Let us know how you like it. I'm really interested in these. Would look great with a Paderson shaft.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I really like the look at it. Looks very matte.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Very nice....what shaft came with it?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Please give a report when you can. Would love to see one of these in action NOT at the ReMax Championships.

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Very nice....what shaft came with it?

A shaft that Fujikura made for KRANK. Mine happens to me the "Inertia Light."

Please give a report when you can. Would love to see one of these in action NOT at the ReMax Championships.

LOL !!! Yeah, I don't belong there so you'll be getting the report from an average Joe :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow up...

I have yet to receive my new Form 6 yet. I am extremely disappointed with KRANK right now. I was guaranteed it would ship 3 weeks from the order date. Three weeks have come and gone. I tried calling the sales rep. No reply! I tried emailing him as well. Wouldn't you have it, NO REPLY! That's not the terrible thing either. I tired calling customer service countless times only to be met by an answering machine. Which makes me think only 2 things. That everyone is calling them about the same thing, or they just don't give a S#**!

I finally got an answer from live chat agent (mind you this was after 3 tries) who told me that they needed another 3 weeks to fulfill the order because the president just got back from overseas. Who cares where the president of the company was! Can't it be run without him? At this point I am seriously considering asking the credit card company to cancel the payment and KRANK being stuck with their untested hunk of metal. Especially since my tour exotics beta 7 is performing so well.

More to follow...

Just a follow up...

I have yet to receive my new Form 6 yet. I am extremely disappointed with KRANK right now. I was guaranteed it would ship 3 weeks from the order date. Three weeks have come and gone. I tried calling the sales rep. No reply! I tried emailing him as well. Wouldn't you have it, NO REPLY! That's not the terrible thing either. I tired calling customer service countless times only to be met by an answering machine. Which makes me think only 2 things. That everyone is calling them about the same thing, or they just don't give a S#**!

I finally got an answer from live chat agent (mind you this was after 3 tries) who told me that they needed another 3 weeks to fulfill the order because the president just got back from overseas. Who cares where the president of the company was! Can't it be run without him? At this point I am seriously considering asking the credit card company to cancel the payment and KRANK being stuck with their untested hunk of metal. Especially since my tour exotics beta 7 is performing so well.

More to follow...

That would be enough for me to get my money back and look elsewhere.

Yea i'd be done at that point. Theres too much other good equipment out there for this.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Follow up...

Yesterday, I tried reaching out to customer service one last time, and I can't believe it, they actually answered the phone instead of it going to an answering machine like it did all the times before hand. NOT a very good experience though. I asked when my driver would ship and he said tomorrow (being today). I asked "how could that be? Vince told me they wouldn't be shipping out until the 9th of May". At this point he accused me of entrapment. "That's absolutely TRUE!!!" I said. I did that. Then I told him I didn't appreciate being lied to and asked for my order to be cancelled and my money refunded. It was at this point that he had a few choice words for me (no profanity) and told me with some very strong emotion in his voice that it would probably ship on the 9th and therefor would certainly NOT refund my money, and believe or not, HUNG UP ON ME. This F***** actually hung up on me!!!

That was it. I actually spent the next 2 hours on the phone with my Credit card dispute department emailing them the live chat screen shots, playing them the recorded phone call (THAT'S RIGHT! I got that gem on tape!), and forwarding my email attempts to contact KRANK more than a week ago with no reply.

I am really interested in the BS that KRANK will feed my CC company to try to keep their $. 

Don't know if their will be anything to post after this, but I'll keep you folks posted...

Wow.....this is terrible customer service. I believe Krank is on the forums. I'd be interested in any feedback from that. 

Its amazing the lack of customer service today in sales. Really sad.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I have ZERO interest in what KRANK has to say now. I thought I would cool off before I wrote what had happened, but as you may be able to tell, I'm still spinning a fair bit.

I read all of the nightmares people had from late 2012/early 2013 with the element release, and all KRANK did was blame other people/companies (the shaft provider and the head manufacturer (undelivered material and weak welds)) rather then take it on the chin and admit fault (It doesn't matter if your company isn't directly at fault BUT, it's a company that you've hired to represent you, so in turn, IT'S YOUR OWN DAM FAULT).

Im done with KRANK golf. Not hard either because this is my first experience and this driver is untested. Not to mention there are driver's out there that performed far better than the Form5 did for far less $. It's a good thing I won't have to talk bad, or hear about how great they are, because the number of people that have heard of them is right next to zero (thats the case around my group anyhow).

That's terrible - We're all consumers, and we'll excuse delays, misplaced orders and even miss-shipped orders, as long as the company is responsive, considerate and sincerely interested in resolving the problem.  And doing it with a little professionalism isn't a bad thing, either.  Shocking that you had this problem, especially after all the nonsense that went on a couple years ago.  

Just incredible...and too bad, too.  That's a badass looking driver!  Let us know if you were able to get your money back.  You might even want to find a consumer reporter and share your story if they can't.

Entrapment -- that's just incredible. You caught them giving you BS and it's YOUR fault...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That's terrible - We're all consumers, and we'll excuse delays, misplaced orders and even miss-shipped orders, as long as the company is responsive, considerate and sincerely interested in resolving the problem.  And doing it with a little professionalism isn't a bad thing, either.  Shocking that you had this problem, especially after all the nonsense that went on a couple years ago.  

Just incredible...and too bad, too.  That's a badass looking driver!  Let us know if you were able to get your money back.  You might even want to find a consumer reporter and share your story if they can't.

Entrapment -- that's just incredible. You caught them giving you BS and it's YOUR fault...

Yup, KRANK passing blame instead of owning up to it.

Funny thing, I got an email from the sales person who sold me the driver today an hour after my last post saying that the club was being built and shipped today. After being told it wouldn't be done before the 9th. Looks like having my CC company on them has lit a fire under their butt. But alas, they have not provided me with a tracking number so fat chance it actually shipped. Looks like Im' gonna have to decline acceptance of the delivery.

Keeping you posted...

Follow up...

Yesterday, I tried reaching out to customer service one last time, and I can't believe it, they actually answered the phone instead of it going to an answering machine like it did all the times before hand. NOT a very good experience though. I asked when my driver would ship and he said tomorrow (being today). I asked "how could that be? Vince told me they wouldn't be shipping out until the 9th of May". At this point he accused me of entrapment. "That's absolutely TRUE!!!" I said. I did that. Then I told him I didn't appreciate being lied to and asked for my order to be cancelled and my money refunded. It was at this point that he had a few choice words for me (no profanity) and told me with some very strong emotion in his voice that it would probably ship on the 9th and therefor would certainly NOT refund my money, and believe or not, HUNG UP ON ME. This F***** actually hung up on me!!!

That was it. I actually spent the next 2 hours on the phone with my Credit card dispute department emailing them the live chat screen shots, playing them the recorded phone call (THAT'S RIGHT! I got that gem on tape!), and forwarding my email attempts to contact KRANK more than a week ago with no reply.

I am really interested in the BS that KRANK will feed my CC company to try to keep their $.

Don't know if their will be anything to post after this, but I'll keep you folks posted...

The cc company will be on your side. Don't worry about it. Every time this happens, the cc processor will raise the rates and eventually kill the service. I'm surprised krank can even take credit cards at this point. What a mess!

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Yeah, that's just bad service. I hope they end up fixing it, but still in the meantime I wouldn't bother with that company anymore.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/12674-new-krank-driver/?p=161062

He took issue with me bringing up the debacle of two years ago. Looks like they're playing the same game and have not learned a thing. They do not understand what professionalism even means.

Yup I saw that! And, He said he took care of everybody when in earlier comments there are people that did not get any of the "gifts" he promised.

Still no tracking number from KRANK even thought they sent it yesterday. Still going to refuse it at the door!

I'm sure Krank makes a fine club but they shouldn't have any staff members who lie and talk down to consumers. Its not the best business practice to have customer service reps who suck at customer service. Hope this gets cleared up for all parties.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I thought I was reading the thread from 2013 all over again..... .WOW...........

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Call Krank, ask for lance. End of story

How the hell am I supposed to ask for Lance when they wouldn't pick up the phone in the first place. Second note, I live chatted with the Vice Pres apparently it they would  have it shipped in another 2 weeks. Not good enough, especially because they have a history. I have no interest in contacting them anymore then I have. Special note, the only time they decided to answer the phone I got treated like... well I don't know who would even get treated like that which makes me so upset. Yes... still upset here about eh whole thing. Good thing I have a driver that performs already and I don't need that untested heap. IMO the driver is going to crack just like the Form5 did where the new "louvers" are. 

Raise your hand if you cracked a formula 5? Now of the ones who raised there hand....your swing speed is greater than 130 mph right?

I'm not sure why you can't get anyone to answer. I have never one time called and not gotten some one to answer

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

Raise your hand if you cracked a formula 5? Now of the ones who raised there hand....your swing speed is greater than 130 mph right?

I'm not sure why you can't get anyone to answer. I have never one time called and not gotten some one to answer

Maybe the whole company was doing a demo or long drive thing, who the hell know's. Maybe they don't work on Wednesdays. Maybe they were all out at play while the president was away. Who cares! I called the sales guy twice and followed it up with i don't know how many calls to I customer service with no answer. And, when someone finally decided to pick up the phone, they refused to refund my money on something they hadn't built yet then hung up on me.

Didn't know you needed to have a swing speed of 130+ to swing their drivers. The sales reps should really tell those who want to buy them... Im sure it will help sell thousands!!!

Did you have a formula 5 bust? I've had 12 of them and one has busted on me. That doesn't seem to be a huge quality issue to me. If I had broke half of them, maybe there was a quality issue. But I know there are many other guys who are much faster than me that also didn't break a lot of them. Breakage happens.

I find it interesting that you only hear from certain people at certain times. Turf, I'm with you. Customer service is a top priority for me. 99% of us don't get paid by sponsors.

Hey, I'm not saying customer service isn't important. I also don't get paid by Krank. I happily purchased every single Krank driver that I have. Yes, they have not had great customer service in this situation. But does it come down to the guy you talked to, or is it the entire company. Either way, it's a reflection on Krank. I personally know that when demand outweighs supply, it's hard. But in this situation, you are right to ask for a refund, or deny delivery.

When you first ordered it, what was the date you were told you would have it?

Did you have a formula 5 bust? I've had 12 of them and one has busted on me. That doesn't seem to be a huge quality issue to me. If I had broke half of them, maybe there was a quality issue. But I know there are many other guys who are much faster than me that also didn't break a lot of them. Breakage happens.

12?!? I thought I had a lot of drivers. Wow

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Archived