TESTERS WANTED! ×

What if?

Mr_Theoo

So we now know Tiger will be playing next week at the masters. While most think he's going to do poorly given his last few rounds.

But what if he wins next week? Will everyone assume he's back? Will he have that effect he once had on the field where he seemed to just intimidate them to just playing for second?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Not with one win. Now if he dominated the field and wins multiple events and majors this year then maybe.

But I think after the past couple years a lot of the intimidation factor is gone and can't be found again. Most of the younger guys on tour have never played against Tiger in his prime and just don't understand how much he dominated. Hard to be afraid of something you've never experienced first hand.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Not going to happen - 40 year olds don't dominate (not for long anyway!)

Most of the under 30's didnt spend they're formative years getting beaten by him, to them he's just like Faldo was to Woods - the previous generation.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I don't think it can happen. But, it's golf! You never know. Honestly, I hope he does well. For his sake. It can not be easy for him to struggle as he has been, as of late. I just hope it doesn't overshadow the tournament itself. There are so many more stories coming in to this Masters. Rory, and the wrap around grand slam. Spieth, 3 weeks off of a win, and a second place finish last year, in his first ever Masters. Dustin Johnson, off of a recent win to continue his streak, and playing better, and more focussed than ever. Jimmy Walker 2 weeks off of a win, for his second of the season, and playing phenomenally leading in. Phil seems to be getting his game back. Bubba, Bubba!! This course was built for Bubba, and he is defending a win last year. Hell, I'd rather hear more stories about Ben Crenshaw, playing in his final Masters. One thing for sure though. There will be a ton of attention focussed on Mr. Woods, and just maybe, this will take some of pressure off of those who, in theory, have a legitimate shot.

If he is in contention come Sunday! Good for him! Good for Golf! Good for the tournament!

Best of Luck!

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Did everyone assume that Faldo was "back" when he won in 1996? Or that Tom Watson was "back" at the 2009 Open?

With a limited field and a course set up to favour his game, Tiger has a better chance to capture a major (albeit out of form) than anywhere else. The real point is if he is capable at this moment in time. Which is no if we are being honest. 

Stranger things have happened at the Masters, but all the talk of Tiger (or any talk concerning Tiger, come to think of it) is from the fanboys who have too much time on their hands nowadays. 

My pick is Jason Day - his time is is now, rather than Tigers time is past.

I just read an interview they did with Crenshaw. He was talking about his last few seasons before he retired. I saw many parallels between Ben and where Tiger is now. I would like to, see him hit one more major before the end just like Faldo and Watson. But I just dont see it. How many times has he "Come back" after a break in the last few years?

If this goes well and he contends, i see another season or two in him. If not, I think the fat lady may be warming up.

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

One of the issues I am afraid of with Toger playing is that the entire weekend will be about tiger and we as fans won't get to see the great golf being played by the others in the tournament, but we will get to see every shot tiger takes, so if you like to watch Tiger here is your chance. I would rather watch the guys that will actually be playing well and have a shot to win.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

One of the issues I am afraid of with Toger playing is that the entire weekend will be about tiger and we as fans won't get to see the great golf being played by the others in the tournament, but we will get to see every shot tiger takes, so if you like to watch Tiger here is your chance. I would rather watch the guys that will actually be playing well and have a shot to win.

I hope this isn't true. Yeah, the announcers will probly be Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. But I'm hoping the Masters telecast can And will focus on the tournament. Sure Tiger will be a big story, but the Masters is bigger. Much much bigger. They proved they could do it without sponsors. Let's hope they show they can do it without it being all Tiger all the time.

TIBA Putt - Discover your best stroke.

Tiger winning pays 41:1

Hell yeah I'm betting on him!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

IF HE WINS, which he won't. Everyone will assume he is "back" even though they shouldn't. He will never be the old tiger. His best hope is to be the guy we knew in 2012 when he won 5 times. He could mix in a major here or there though. This is best case scenario and hopefully he gets to that point. I would love for him to have a last horrah and him and Rory go at it for a couple of years. Would be great for golf.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Don't forget about "Lightning in a bottle" it could happen to Tiger.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I don't have a crystal ball and I am glad I don't.

Like the Masters and am looking forward to the tournament.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Archived