Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

TRUE Linkswear Game Changer Pro

SPY ZINGER

logo.jpg

TRUE Linkswear

Game Changer Pro

IMG_5342.JPG

By now, most all of the shoe manufacturers in golf have their 2015 line-up's available at retail.  2015 has proven itself as The Year of the Shoe.  Manufacturers across the spectrum are producing remarkable offerings and advancements in shoemaking.

Founded in 2009, True Linkswear was really born on the internet.  Players across the golf forum communities were going bananas over the ugliest shoe ever made.  Clown shoes, bowling shoes, bedroom slippers, were some of the early descriptors that emerged about this startup shoe company out of Scottsdale.  As ugly as they were, no one cared.  Why?  Many believed they were not only the most comfortable shoe in golf, but the most comfortable shoe ever made.

Unorthodox in design, True's were wider than standard shoes so your toes could move freely about the toe box.  They were built on a barefoot platform popularized in the fitness industry featuring “zero-drop.”  This meant your heel and forefoot were the same distance off the ground like they are when you are barefoot.  According to True, and everyone that put them on, this created a more natural stride and connection with the ground during the movements of the golf swing.

Over the past six years, True Linkswear has grown into a nice little shoe company.  Like most start-up's, there have been some growing pains, and leadership changes.  However, 2015 has proven to be their strongest shoe line-up to date.  Oh, and they've thrown in a little wrinkle into the mix, they're offering a shoe with changeable spikes.

IMG_5343.JPG

Prior to 2015, True Linkswear has only offered a “spikeless” or “fixed-spike” design.  At the 2015 PGA Show, the company unveiled the first pair of removable “spiked” shoes.

screenshot-2014-11-09-at-00-34-45.png

The Game Changer Pro is born after two years in the making and feedback from the professional tours. True Linkswear went back to the drawing board, and developed a shoe that combined everything that worked over the past six years, and the crap that didn't was scrapped.  The focused on the outsole, and developed a product with both stability as well as comfort. 

IMG_5347.JPG

IMG_5350.JPG

True hired a biomechanical engineer and produced a technology they're calling, Perpetual Motion or “P-Motion.”  P-Motion sits in the mid-sole of the shoe and according to True, produces unrivaled comfort, increases power, absorbs shock, improves stability, and enhances balance.  It's a compound in the middle of the shoe that will not form a memory and will provide that out of the box cushion feel every time you put them on.  They even made some clear, see-through windows on the bottom of the sole, so you can visually see the technology.

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5344.JPG

IMG_5346.JPG

This technology was created out of necessity.  You can't take a zero-drop platform, with hardly any material between the ground and your foot, and put traditional spikes on them.  It would create pressure on your foot, and would be uncomfortable.  The result, according to True, is the thinnest, and most flexible spiked shoe in the industry.

IMG_5348.JPG

MSRP: $170

FROM TRUE:

Features & Benefits

• INTEGRATED P-MOTION FOR TRUE COMFORTTM AND STABILITY
  • REPLACEABLE CHAMPTM ZARMA TOURTM
  • 2-YEAR WATERPROOF
  • EVA TRUE COMFORTTM MIDSOLE
  • DURABLE AND FLEXIBLE PERFORMANCE LEATHER UPPER

Key Benefits

• INTEGRATED P-MOTION FOR TRUE COMFORTTM AND STABILITY
  • REPLACEABLE CHAMPTM ZARMA TOURTM
  • 2-YEAR WATERPROOF
  • EVA TRUE COMFORTTM MIDSOLE
  • DURABLE AND FLEXIBLE PERFORMANCE LEATHER UPPER

Shoe Features

Men, Natural-Motion Technology, Full Leather Upper, 2-Year Waterproof, Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnj4UDVFcZg

Posted Image

Swore I'd never go back to spiked golf shoes, and now you have to show me this....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I just checked and it seems that the grey is in stock. I'm very tempted.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

out of stock again, unless you wear a 7.5 ;)

Haha didn't look the far into it. On the bright side I won't be spending $170 right now.

That coupon code did it. Thanks Zinger. Went with the white/grey/black for now. If I really like them and the grey comes back in stock before the code expires I may end up with two pairs. Grand total with shipping after the coupon code was $117.49.

Once the grey and gold are back in stock and I'm grabbing a pair of these.

X2

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Mine came in today. Not playing until Monday but I'll test them at out the range tomorrow. Tried them on and walked around the backyard with them. They feel great. I really like the extra room in the toes. They look much wider in that area than the wingtips do but it's not off-putting. I will say that just from trying them on walking around in the backyard they feel a lot different from anything else I've worn before. I definitely feel like my weight is much more on my heels. Hopefully this will be a benefit since my tendency is having too much weight on my toes which causes me to get off balance. I've really been working hard on tempo and balance this year. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and let you guys know.

Mine came in today. Not playing until Monday but I'll test them at out the range tomorrow. Tried them on and walked around the backyard with them. They feel great. I really like the extra room in the toes. They look much wider in that area than the wingtips do but it's not off-putting. I will say that just from trying them on walking around in the backyard they feel a lot different from anything else I've worn before. I definitely feel like my weight is much more on my heels. Hopefully this will be a benefit since my tendency is having too much weight on my toes which causes me to get off balance. I've really been working hard on tempo and balance this year. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and let you guys know.

You'll love them! For a guy with a size 4E foot they are a refreshing change. Looking forward to hearing your feedback after having them on course.

Posted Image

If you haven't worn Trues before, you will probably feel sore in the Achilles' tendon area. This is normal. You will be stretching that area each time you wear them. Once that tendon gets stretched, they should feel really good. Been wearing Trues for 5 years. I'm curious how the spikes will feel.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

If you haven't worn Trues before, you will probably feel sore in the Achilles' tendon area. This is normal. You will be stretching that area each time you wear them. Once that tendon gets stretched, they should feel really good. Been wearing Trues for 5 years. I'm curious how the spikes will feel.

Thanks for the heads up. I can definitely see why that would happen. I'll probably spend three hours at the range tomorrow so I'm sure I'll feel it the next day but good to know ahead of time that it will be an adjustment.

Spent a few hours at the range today. They are easily more comfortable than any shoes I've worn before. Did feel some light stretching in the Achilles area like Kenny mentioned . Balance was great as they get some weight off the toes. Impressed so far. Playing tomorrow morning so I'll update after that and try to get a few pics.

Have had five (yes, five) pairs of TRUEs so far, and saw a very small photo of this little number in an ad somewhere. "Wait a second!", said I, "That looks like a new offering from True!" And this morning I thought, "I'll bet Zinger has some info on the Forum about these." Low and behold, here it is- and with a coupon code to boot! Saying they're the most comfortable TRUEs to date is big talk, and seals the deal with the coupon code. Can't wait to try them.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Use: teamtrue15 for 35% off until 4/15/15!

They must have gotten these back in stock.

Just ordered True game changer pro Grey/Trophy Gold/White using the coupon code.  Got mine for $110.49.  Thanks Zinger!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The True website didn't say anything about sizing differences like they did for the wingtips.  I have always ordered Size 12 and they have all fit the same, so I ordered the same this time.  They can always be sent back for free if they don't fit or you don't like them for whatever reason.

I played 36 holes with them today (although riding not walking) and I'm extremely happy with them. Great fit, great comfort, and great balance. Well worth the money. I'd have no problem paying the $170 retail for them.

Have had five (yes, five) pairs of TRUEs so far, and saw a very small photo of this little number in an ad somewhere. "Wait a second!", said I, "That looks like a new offering from True!" And this morning I thought, "I'll bet Zinger has some info on the Forum about these." Low and behold, here it is- and with a coupon code to boot! Saying they're the most comfortable TRUEs to date is big talk, and seals the deal with the coupon code. Can't wait to try them.

Ha!  Thanks Red!

Posted Image

Just got mine!!

image.jpg

The TRUE Linkswear Game Changer Pro has spikes! Tried them on and I would say that they are a little more snug than all of the other Trues that I have had. Not too small, just snug. Seems like my feet are a little higher off the ground. Haven't worn them on grass, so maybe it won't be quite so different when playing.

I also think that they will be a little too hot to wear on warm/hot days. Definitely warm. I think they might be perfect next week when I travel to Central Oregon next week for a week of golf. It's supposed to only be in the 50's and somewhat wet.

I'll post a more detailed report when I get back. If it's really wet, I will be wearing my Nike Bandon Dunes!!! Best footwear in the cold and rain!

Archived