TRUE Linkswear Game Changer Pro

Our Sponsors

Have had five (yes, five) pairs of TRUEs so far, and saw a very small photo of this little number in an ad somewhere. "Wait a second!", said I, "That looks like a new offering from True!" And this morning I thought, "I'll bet Zinger has some info on the Forum about these." Low and behold, here it is- and with a coupon code to boot! Saying they're the most comfortable TRUEs to date is big talk, and seals the deal with the coupon code. Can't wait to try them.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Use: teamtrue15 for 35% off until 4/15/15!

They must have gotten these back in stock.

Just ordered True game changer pro Grey/Trophy Gold/White using the coupon code.  Got mine for $110.49.  Thanks Zinger!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The True website didn't say anything about sizing differences like they did for the wingtips.  I have always ordered Size 12 and they have all fit the same, so I ordered the same this time.  They can always be sent back for free if they don't fit or you don't like them for whatever reason.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played 36 holes with them today (although riding not walking) and I'm extremely happy with them. Great fit, great comfort, and great balance. Well worth the money. I'd have no problem paying the $170 retail for them.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Have had five (yes, five) pairs of TRUEs so far, and saw a very small photo of this little number in an ad somewhere. "Wait a second!", said I, "That looks like a new offering from True!" And this morning I thought, "I'll bet Zinger has some info on the Forum about these." Low and behold, here it is- and with a coupon code to boot! Saying they're the most comfortable TRUEs to date is big talk, and seals the deal with the coupon code. Can't wait to try them.

Ha!  Thanks Red!

Posted Image

Zinger - do these fit the same as previous Trues? just wondering about sizing...

As far as length, they are the same yes.  I would say these fit just a little narrower than previous TRUE Tours, or Protos.

Posted Image

They must have gotten these back in stock.

Just ordered True game changer pro Grey/Trophy Gold/White using the coupon code.  Got mine for $110.49.  Thanks Zinger!

No problem, hope you like them, Kenny.

Posted Image

Just got mine!!

image.jpg

The TRUE Linkswear Game Changer Pro has spikes! Tried them on and I would say that they are a little more snug than all of the other Trues that I have had. Not too small, just snug. Seems like my feet are a little higher off the ground. Haven't worn them on grass, so maybe it won't be quite so different when playing.

I also think that they will be a little too hot to wear on warm/hot days. Definitely warm. I think they might be perfect next week when I travel to Central Oregon next week for a week of golf. It's supposed to only be in the 50's and somewhat wet.

I'll post a more detailed report when I get back. If it's really wet, I will be wearing my Nike Bandon Dunes!!! Best footwear in the cold and rain!

Just got mine in a few days ago. They'll get their first feel of (hopefully) fairway grass this weekend. Man, they just make great shoes those TRUE folks.

STX xForm 3, 35"

• 4 weeks later...

Quick follow up after 4+ rounds of walking in these. The highlights:

- Supremely comfortable: no hot spots, no break-in period, no slippage at the heel, and a comfortable toe box.

- Great traction. No slippage there, either.

- Love the zero drop feel, as always, and TRUE have certainly figured out how to do it in a spiked shoe without the wearer being able to feel the spikes through the foot bed.

All in all, this is (so far) the best golf shoe I've ever owned.

STX xForm 3, 35"

Nice to read these great reviews. I walked 18 holes recently with my trusty Puma's and got blisters the size of quarters on my heels by the 10th hole. Played the rest of the round bare foot--which was actually kind of nice except for my buddy making bad Sam Snead jokes. 

That being said, I want to like the True Linkswear but their classic shoes I never found comfortable, the low heel and high foot bed just messed with my head. Though these look like a more traditional shoe and will give them ago. Although I don't need these shoes to make me taller and better looking than Zinger.....

Driver: Call Epic 9* Stock Fujikura FW: Cally Rogue 17* R Hybrid: Titleis 910h 21* Blue Diamana Irons: Mizuno 850 Forged 5-G Nippon 1150 2 up 0.5" Sand: 54* Vokey SM6 M Grind Lob: 58* Vokey SM6 K Grind Putter: Scotty Select Newport 2 35"

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I've been playing with these shoes for most of the year and absolutely love them (white/red).  I ordered them through my local pro shop.  The only problem that I have with them is that the shoelace broke on my mid round and when I tried to contact true golf and get another pair, it seemed like I was blown off.  They said they would send me a pair of shoelaces and never did, then after repeated callbacks to them no one ever got back to me.  Has anyone else dealt with their customer service?  

• Like 1

I know this is an old topic, but I've been playing with these shoes for most of the year and absolutely love them (white/red).  I ordered them through my local pro shop.  The only problem that I have with them is that the shoelace broke on my mid round and when I tried to contact true golf and get another pair, it seemed like I was blown off.  They said they would send me a pair of shoelaces and never did, then after repeated callbacks to them no one ever got back to me.  Has anyone else dealt with their customer service?

PM me your address

image.png

• Like 3
Posted Image
  • 2 months later...