TESTERS WANTED! ×

Courses between Charlotte and Hilton Head

Hi all, I'm looking for some help...  I'll be heading to Charlotte in May and my cousin is in Hilton Head, we're looking to meet up and play some golf.  I can't drive to Hilton Head and he can't drive to Charlotte so we need something half way, about a 2 - 2 1/2 hr drive for each of us. 

Does anyone have suggestions?  I'm looking for a better course, we only get to play once or twice a year so I want it to be a nicer place.  Has anyone ever emailed a Private Course asking to play?  I Found a few around Sumter, SC that I was thinking of trying to get onto. 

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you!!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

I was thinking that the Columbia, SC area would be about the middle, and Sumter looks about right too.  I don't have specific courses to recommend, but I've used golfadvisor.com to check out potential places to play.  As for playing private clubs, I think a phone call would have a better chance for success than an email.  Better yet, if either of you is a member of a private club at home, would be to have your home pro call.  Its been a while since I've done that, but as I remember I called first, confirmed availability of a tee time, and then had my home club pro call to confirm that I was indeed a member.  

Good luck

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Archived