TESTERS WANTED! ×

Review: Snell- My Tour Ball

apprenti23

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are so spoiled for choice in the states it is so not fair.  I read about all the stuff you guys get and my pallor just turns green.  Looks like I'm going to have to source a source to get some to try.  They sound perfect if as the Rev says they are between the Pro V1 and the V1x they would suit me perfectly.  I don't think I've tried so many different balls as I have lately and have been having heavy petting sessions with a Mizuno MP-s the last couple of days that have been super impressive but the Snell sounds like it may trump even the Mizuno ;)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Don't really want to one up you, but I'm planning on ordering six dozen tomorrow. Down to my last ball today.

This is my advantage over all you bombers out there. To play year round and rarely go through four dozen golf balls. Even then many age rather than get lost. They go into my shag bag wher I can fondly recall all the great shots played with that ball. :)

On a sad note I found that the My Tour ball does nothing to correct either a top or a chunk. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

This is my advantage over all you bombers out there. To play year round and rarely go through four dozen golf balls. Even then many age rather than get lost. They go into my shag bag wher I can fondly recall all the great shots played with that ball. :)

On a sad note I found that the My Tour ball does nothing to correct either a top or a chunk. :)

LOL yea well I went through one dozen in 7 rounds and gave a sleeve to a buddy. I think the majority are in the shag and I only left a couple lost or in a hazard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope the op does not mind me adding my 2 cents to his post but I have been trying out the Snell My Tour Ball against my go to ball the Prov1x and against the Srixon Z Star XV and wanted to give you my findings.

Background info on me. Started golfing seriously after my father passed away 8 years ago and I inherited his clubs which were at the time 20 years old and built by my uncle). I try to play 3 times a week with at least 1 18 hole on the weekend. I play in a men's league with my brother and last year played my first club championship. I fell deeply in love with golf and wanted to know everything about the equipment, the skills, everything and ended up finding the greatest site in all of golf - MyGolfSpy. Here I learnt that having a name brand club didn't necessarily mean I had the best club for me. If you look at my sig, you will see what I mean. So since trying out countless clubs from countless companies, I believe TRULY believe I have found the right driver, wood, hybrid, irons and putter for me. I'm still on the hunt for wedges but I can say after doing this test that I have the right ball.

The Prov1x is legendary. Most pro golfers as well as rec golfers use this ball. I found for me that it was a great driving ball, excellent around the greens with great spin and not too shabby feeling off the putter. I've been using the Prov1x for the past 6 years straight. No matter how many balls from other companies that I got my hands on, I always went back to the Prov1x. Cannot say more positive things about this ball.

The Srixon experiment came from getting a sample pack from a demo day this Spring. I was really hesitant to try them out but once I put them in play - wow. I immediately fell for them. I had played prior generations of these balls and was never a big fan of their feel or their spin. These new balls for 2015 felt great. The spin was really good and feel off the putter was a bit firmer than the prov1x. I rotated between these 2 balls for a month and found that other than a firmer feel of the Srixon, both balls performed pretty much the same. I would out drive the prov1x on 1 hole and than outdrive the srixon on the very next hole. They both did the same off my wedges which was a 1 hop and land anywhere between 3-6 feet from the ball mark. Definitely lots of props to Srixon for coming out with a fantastic ball.

Snell. Man do I ever get laughed at when I show people this ball...that is, until I get them to try it. I was skeptical about buying a dozen balls because I wasn't sure if I would like them and than what? How would I sell them if I didn't. It's not exactly a well known name. I sent a message to Dean here about possibly getting my hands on a 3 pack of the My Tour Ball to try out for this little experiment. I told him what I was doing and he told me to send an email to the website and let them know that I had spoke with Dean. First thing I found out and thought of when I received the 3 pack was that A) This guy has balls (no pun intended) I specifically told him what I would put his balls against and he sent me them anyways. If that's not a sign of someone who has confidence in his product.... 

So I started to play with this ball and immediately loved the feel of this ball off the face. Our first hole at my local golf club is a 391 yard par 4 with water about 295 yards off the tee. I have hit it up to the 100 yard marker before but playing men's league I hit it to within inches of the water! Never had I hit it that far...and there was more to come. second hole a 145 yard par 3. I hit my ball (no need to tell you the feel from my Wilson v2's as they were incredible before I found this ball) but to say it was not the best feel I had ever felt striking a ball pure is an understatement. Go up to see my ball had sat about 3 feet away from the ball mark. Over the course of the last month, I've had to readjust my distances with my clubs. I am almost consistently driving the ball in the 270-290 even 300 range where before it was maybe 250-270 with my TourEdge XCG7 Beta driver (seriously go get this driver) I am able to reach all 4 par 5's on our course (488 yard uphill, 477 yard downhill, 520 flat and 460 very steep uphill probably playing 500-520 yards) playing from the blue tees making the course a 6230 yard course. I've been able to reach the downhill par 5 before but I'm now taking an 8-9 iron instead of a 5 iron or hybrid.

The distance gains are fantastic for sure. But let me tell you the secret to this ball - the feel off the putter face. Yes, if you use a milled putter face like I do, nothing and I MEAN NOTHING feels as good as this ball does. It very much has the perfect feel for me off my putter face (and we all know the word perfect is a big word when reviewing equipment but I stand by this comment). It is very easy to control off the fringe even the fairway and even easier to control my distances off the flat stick to tap in range almost 95% of the time. My first complete round with a Snell My Tour Ball was a 76 (and I hadn't broken 80 yet this year!)

To my fellow golf fanatics - YOU MUST TRY THIS BALL! I cannot stress this enough. 

To Dean: You have a definite winner here and thank you for your generosity. You have made not only a customer out of me but a believer too!

Lou a.k.a. mbrodeur86

Any ???? feel free to ask. :D  

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Sadly, my stock of balls is depleted.  Not sadly, I am ordering some Snell balls with confidence due to the reviews here. 

Thanks to all that have posted - you helped me pull the trigger.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Another convert!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Looking like my next purchase when I get low on Pro V1xs.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Same performance 47.99 vs. 31.99 it feels like stealing. Can we say grass roots? I can't wait until the day comes when I must mark My Tour Ball.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

The bundle offers even better value! At $26 and some change shipped with no tax. Phenomenal value. Only ball I'll play now.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

The bundle offers even better value! At $26 and some change shipped with no tax. Phenomenal value. Only ball I'll play now.

I'm trying to convince a friend to go in on one with me. I'm set for the season but ha

F a bundle would carry me well past this point next year. (with what Imhave on hand)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Exactly! It's such a good value and provides outstanding performance. Dean sure knows how to make a golf ball!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I would like to see a realtime comparison of the Snell MyTour ball vs MG C4.....both are "Pro V1" quality and are priced for the market.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

They really are outstanding. They perform up to par (no pun intended) with the other 2 balls but a) feel better and B) better priced I will be hard pressed to switch balls unless someone like Dean wants to put their ball up against it. I'd be more than happy to review any ball anyone sends me against the My Tour Ball anytime!

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Played a round with "My Tour Ball" on Sunday.  I was not good - at all.  It was my third day in a row walking in 90 degree heat and I was spent.  The ball, though, was great.  Feel, spin and performance were all great. 

Well worth the money.  I can see playing more of these in the future.

Dean, the hand-signed invoice/packing slip is a really classy touch.

WITB:

Play Right-handed

• 5 weeks later...

This ball is my new ball of choice. I had been playing the ProV1x for about 9 years and then I got a chance to test the Srixon XV which was a great ball especially around the green. Then I bought the MTB and it will be the only ball I play for awhile. It performs great feels amazing and you can't beat the price!!!

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Just pulled the trigger on 2 dozen of the Snell MTB to try out since my ProV1X stash is getting low. Looking forward to it.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I officially have to mark my Snells now. I've converted 5 other guys at my club that are all playing them and gave a sleeve to another buddy to test out after our club champ.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

That's such an awesome thing to hear Hckymeyer!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Played in a Stroke Play last week, didn't play well, and here's an example:

Over cooked a drive on the 15th hole and almost killed one of the Rules Officials. He went digging into the woods (red staked hazard) to find my ball. Upon my arrival he said, "Kyle, I think I found it, but what the hell kind of ball are you playing?" I just bust out laughing when I told him it was a Snell MTB. Pretty funny moment.

That's very stand up of you apprenti. If that doesn't work, Dave could ship them to me and I can pass them on...always willing to help someone out, especially a fellow Aussie.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

That's very stand up of you apprenti. If that doesn't work, Dave could ship them to me and I can pass them on...always willing to help someone out, especially a fellow Aussie.

Cough.. Kiwi....cough. 

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Cough.. Kiwi....cough. 

Cuz! Sorry mate....

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played two rounds with a group at Arcadia Bluffs last week.  A couple times a playing partner found my ball and almost threw it back as a "junk" ball because they didn't recognize the name.  I made a point of letting them know.

Dean, I am happy to say I got around the course so well that none were left behind.  Sad that nobody is going to get a "free sample".

WITB:

Play Right-handed

I am anxious to try this golf ball.  I have a feeling that it is an improved version of something like the Project A golf ball, which is a good ball in it's own right.  Has anyone compared the MyTour with the Callaway Chrome Soft golf ball?   I like the Chrome Soft, good all around ball that leaves a little bit to be desired around the greens imho.   Good ball but I am guessing the MyTour would perform better over all, an at a few bucks cheaper.  

Archived