TESTERS WANTED! ×

Review: Snell- My Tour Ball

apprenti23

I am anxious to try this golf ball.  I have a feeling that it is an improved version of something like the Project A golf ball, which is a good ball in it's own right.  Has anyone compared the MyTour with the Callaway Chrome Soft golf ball?   I like the Chrome Soft, good all around ball that leaves a little bit to be desired around the greens imho.   Good ball but I am guessing the MyTour would perform better over all, an at a few bucks cheaper.  

Welcome lewis... From the dry side of the state!

I have played the Snell MTB for several months and it is now my go to ball.  It works in all parts of my game.  Last spring I received a sleeve of Chrome Soft from our local golf shop to try out.  It's a decent ball and it performed well but it felt a little "spongy" to me.  Not as bad as the Wilson Duo, but I didn't like the feel of it.  I agree that it lacked a little bit around the green, but I could get used to it.  However, that was the time I got the Snell MTB, and there was no comparison.  I say order some; I don't think you will be disappointed.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see a realtime comparison of the Snell MyTour ball vs MG C4.....both are "Pro V1" quality and are priced for the market.

Considering the stash of balls I have on hand, it will be next spring before I make another purchase, but after reading all the comments about the Snell MTB, I have to try it head to head with the MG C4.  Our season will be winding down soon and I'm traveling the next week and a half, so I've only got about 5 weeks or so for actually playing, with maybe a few odd rounds on courses that open on the days the weather is nice.

I'm hoping we get a reasonably warm Fall, but I'm not going to count on it... :(

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Well, I've got 2 rounds under my belt with the Snell MTB and I'm loving it. Can't see a valid reason to switch back to anything else. Performance and price point can't be beat.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Considering the stash of balls I have on hand, it will be next spring before I make another purchase, but after reading all the comments about the Snell MTB, I have to try it head to head with the MG C4.  Our season will be winding down soon and I'm traveling the next week and a half, so I've only got about 5 weeks or so for actually playing, with maybe a few odd rounds on courses that open on the days the weather is nice.

I'm hoping we get a reasonably warm Fall, but I'm not going to count on it... :(

I did that last spring.  I had ordered a two dozen of the MG C4 balls based on everyone's comments about them.  But then the Snell came on the scene, so I ordered a dozen.  I don't go through a lot of balls during the season.  I compared the Snell and MG C4 for a few rounds and I like them both, but the Snell was just a little better all around.  I have one sleeve of Snells left and I just cracked open the 2nd dozen of MG C4 because I wanted to save the Snells.  I will be reordering the Snell MTB, but will play the MG C4 until they are gone.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome lewis... From the dry side of the state!

I have played the Snell MTB for several months and it is now my go to ball.  It works in all parts of my game.  Last spring I received a sleeve of Chrome Soft from our local golf shop to try out.  It's a decent ball and it performed well but it felt a little "spongy" to me.  Not as bad as the Wilson Duo, but I didn't like the feel of it.  I agree that it lacked a little bit around the green, but I could get used to it.  However, that was the time I got the Snell MTB, and there was no comparison.  I say order some; I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks for the comments.  I will definitely be trying the Snell MTB soon.  Good to hear from someone from this state.  

Really happy with the ball so far. Unfortunately lost 2 of them today. Drop kicked one into the water on 8 and hit what I thought was a great drive on 18. Carried it into the junk across the fairway. Never done that before. On #11 a 500 yard par 5 I had 180 in for my second. Never seen that part of the fairway before.

Still, short game performance was awesome and shot a decent 81 with 2 birds.

It's just a fantastic ball. I have 3 left that I'm saving. I'm actually going through leftover prov1x balls I have. Yesterday on a 490 yard uphill par 5, I smashed a prov1x perfectly. I told my bro that it has to be close to the 200 yard line since that's where I put the snell balls. I hit it at least 20 yards further than the prov1x and on the greens the I get similar results with both balls. It's really a no brainer.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I have three "go to" balls I like these days. Of these three I can successfully play any one of them in any condition. I personally can't really distinguish any noticeable difference/performance. 

MG Tour C4 $19.95

Callaway Chrome Soft $38 (I lean slightly)

Snell MTB $32

To me these are every bit as good/same/better? as the industry standard tour quality ball; Titleist PV1 $48.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 3 months later...

Been playing the Snell MTB for about a month now and although it's cold here in New England, and not ideal conditions, I've been very happy with this ball.  It seems long, works well around the green and if very durable as well.  Reminds me of the Project a/ RBZ urethane ball for obvious reasons.  Already ordered a few more dozen too.  And you can't beat the price either.

Driver: Ping G20, 9.5 degree, tour stiff shaft

Fairway(s): Ping G20 3 wood, stiff shaft; Cleveland Launcher FL 5 wood, stiff shaft

Hybrids: Ping G25 2H, 3H,4H, stiff shaft

Irons: Ping G, steel stiff shaft (4-PW)

Wedges: Cobra Gap wedge (49, stiff shaft), Vokey Spin Milled 5 52 and 56 degress wedges, stiff shaft

Balls: Snell MTB

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to try Snell MTB but with the Canadian dollar $32 is nearly $50. I can by Tour Balls from the big manufacturers for less.

Its a real shame as I would love to see how well they perform 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 2 months later...

Did we just crach the Snell website?

I got the email from Golfspy and decided to go to the Snel website.....only it would not come up.....did we just crash the site?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Did we just crach the Snell website?

I got the email from Golfspy and decided to go to the Snel website.....only it would not come up.....did we just crash the site?

I was going to order some with the coupon code but I can't get on the site either. I'll try again later.

Snell Site is back up!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

It's kind of working. Won't let me add anything to the cart yet.

Are the new ones out yet?

The pictures on the website show the new ones with the smaller logo but I'm not sure. I'm putting in an order for 6 dozen tomorrow.

Yes, I got some about 2 weeks ago and they're the thinner logo.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I received an email a month or so ago and it said they wouldn't be available until April, but I hadn't received any confirmation that they were available, I will also be placing an order for 6 dozen very soon as well.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Just ordered mine today.

This is the photo of the ball from the Email, the one on the site is not this one. The writing on the side, notice the new one just says "MTB", last years model has "My tour ball"written out. The one on the website shows "my tour ball" written out. ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1458860424.353553.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The old logo never bothered me.  No one here at my club plays Snell balls as far as I know; I've never seen another one.  This lessens the chance that someone will play the wrong ball, or even pick it up before I can get to it!

I will be ordering the MTB next month, but not 6 dozen!  Maybe 2 dozen.

Just checked and the Snell is thin like Kor's photo, but it has My Tour Ball written out.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just got an email back from Snell Golf, they are shipping the MTB with the updated Logo, but they don't have the updated alignment aid. That will be sometime in April.

Yep, just got mine. I like the updated logo. Don't mind not having the updated alignment aid.

I'm the only one at my club that plays Snell. One of the older guys goes out and hunts balls all the time, the benefit is that whenever he finds a Snell he knows it's mine and saves them for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, just got mine. I like the updated logo. Don't mind not having the updated alignment aid.

I'm the only one at my club that plays Snell. One of the older guys goes out and hunts balls all the time, the benefit is that whenever he finds a Snell he knows it's mine and saves them for me.

There are about 4 of us in our Saturday group that play Snells so we have to mark them now.

Appreciate the review, I will try them out for myself.

Sent from MyGolfSpy Mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 1 month later...

Hey all,  just got an email this morning from Revolution Golf....Offering Dean Snell's  My Tour Ball for only $27/dozen!

That's right, only $27!

I had to pull the trigger on this as I was planning on ordering them in Mid Summer.

http://access.revolutiongolf.com/snell-golf-balls?email=fozcycle@icloud.com&utm_source=SpecialOffers&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=C&utm_campaign=SnellGolfBalls

Let me know what you think. Even if you don't order, the video shows how the My Tour Ball performs and the interview with Dean is great!

Great ball, I personally prefer it to any others I have used, I play off 1 in Melbourne, Australia, and have to buy them there and ship them to friends in the US who then forward them on to me somehow!

Archived