TESTERS WANTED! ×

2010 Nike V-REV Wedge

hmm...idk how i feel about these....i wish they would just make a really clean wedge without all that honeycomb crap. its a wedge, make it simple. the SV's are still nike's best looking wedge in my book.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

That honeycomb thing looked bad on the Method, and it looks bad on this. It also has a rather large sole, and the whole thing is a little busy, ehh. I haven't liked any of their wedges since the original SV Chrome.

• SPY VIP

Looks like a little bit of a C-Grind thing going on there, no?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Just not a Nike Golf club fan, from driver to irons to putters to wedges, something about them just turns me off.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

A little too busy for my tastes. It won't ever happen, but I wish nike simply put the swoosh on the back of their irons and wedges, ala the Nike Forged Blades and Forged Wedges.

Very busy, especially for a wedge. I don't know why it matters what's on the back, but I don't really need anything on a wedge beyond the degree marking!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Definitely a C-grind on these. I agree that there is too much going on. xxio to answer your question yes they are conforming grooves. They label them as "the most aggressive conforming grooves". I hit one yesterday and it didn't feel all that solid IMO. However, they seem to be a smaller head than the VR forged wedges from last year and are more of a tear drop shape. I think they set up a lot better than the older version.

• 2 weeks later...

:

Wedges look like wedges, i want to see the face, and what it looks like at address, how it feels in my hand, from what I've gathered the shaft is the most important part anyway. So, what shaft does it have? Maybe the thing to do would be to compare grooves, head weight, swing weight, shaft flex, shaft weight, tip stiffness, and bend point. Then we could find what fits our game the best based on clubs we have that we like vs. don't like.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to chuckle... what the heck does it matter what the back of the wedges looks like? If you are using that part, you aren't getting close to the hole anyway! This is the kind of thing that has caused some of the "new clubs every 6 months" problem. If people don't buy this model because of the way it looks, Nike will have new wedges out QUICK to replace them. No matter that it might be the best performing wedge to ever hit the market. LOL!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

i feel that the sv and vr wedges look better. i don't like the honey comb but what i hate more is the fact that the put the nike sign that far in, towards the heel. it looks so much better if the swoosh was at the edge like in their other wedges.

Nice wedges - what's the stock shaft?

TM Superdeep TP 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard

TEE CB3 15 Motore Tour

Adams Idea Pro Tour Issue 20 KBS Hybrid

Titleist AP2 4-PW KBS Stiff

Taylormade XFT 52, 58, 64 KBS Hi-Rev Stiff

Cameron Coronado Welded Neck T Stamp

Taylormade Red (If they still made em)

• 4 weeks later...

I thought they just made these because they can't make square grooves anymore. Still look pretty ugly though, not gonna lie.

In The Bag

Taylormade R9 Superdeep TP - 9.5 Stiff (Aldila R.I.P.)

Nike SQ I Fairway - 15 Stiff (Diamana Blueboard)

Nike Victory Red Hybrid - 18 Stiff (Aldila Voodoo)

Nike CCI MB - 4 - PW (Dynamic Gold S400 Stiff)

Taylormade RAC TP wedge 52 56 60 (Dynamic Gold S300 Stiff)

Ping iWi Anser (Ping Blackout Grip)

In The Closet

Nike SQ SUMO 5000 - 10.5 Stiff (Proforce V2)

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select 2.0 Mid Slant (Ping Blackout Grip)

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 48

Nike Slingshot 4D Irons 4-AW (Dynamic Gold R400)

Nike SV Tour 52 56 60 (Dynamic Gold Wedge)

RAM Starter set :)

Archived