Sign in to follow this  
Severtheties

Masters First Round Pairings

Here is a link to the first round pairings at the masters. Anyone like or dislike any of these pairings for your front runners?

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/

Pairings Round 1
Round 1 | 2

Group Time (ET) Starting Tee Players 1 7:45 am 1 Stewart Cink
Tim Clark

2 7:56 am 1 John Huh
Ian Woosnam
Kevin Stadler

3 8:07 am 1 Ben Crenshaw
Yong-Eun Yang
Jonas Blixt

4 8:18 am 1 Jordan Niebrugge
Mark O'Meara
Steven Bowditch

5 8:29 am 1 David Lynn
Boo Weekley
John Senden

6 8:40 am 1 Scott Stallings
Craig Stadler
Martin Kaymer

7 8:51 am 1 Billy Horschel
Tom Watson
Brendon DeJonge

8 9:02 am 1 Roberto Castro
Mike Weir
Matt Every

9 9:13 am 1 Angel Cabrera
Ian Poulter
Gary Woodland

10 9:24 am 1 Chang-Woo Lee
Fred Couples
Webb Simpson

11 9:35 am 1 Graeme McDowell
Jimmy Walker
Rickie Fowler

12 9:57 am 1 Steve Stricker
K.J. Choi
Zach Johnson

13 10:08 am 1 Miguel-Angel Jimenez
Matteo Manassero
Bill Haas

14 10:19 am 1 Hideki Matsuyama
Jamie Donaldson
Brandt Snedeker

15 10:30 am 1 Jim Furyk
Charl Schwartzel
Thorbjorn Olesen

16 10:41 am 1 Jason Dufner
Adam Scott
Matthew Fitzpatrick

17 10:52 am 1 Patrick Reed
Rory McIlroy
Jordan Spieth

18 11:03 am 1 D.A. Points
Kevin Streelman

19 11:14 am 1 Branden Grace
Larry Mize
Michael McCoy

20 11:25 am 1 Matt Jones
Ken Duke
Sandy Lyle

21 11:36 am 1 Garrick Porteous
Lucas Glover
Jose-Maria Olazabal

22 11:47 am 1 Nick Watney
Stephen Gallacher
Darren Clarke

23 12:09 pm 1 Thomas Bjorn
Ryan Moore
Vijay Singh

24 12:20 pm 1 Thongchai Jaidee
Louis Oosthuizen
Matt Kuchar

25 12:31 pm 1 Trevor Immelman
Oliver Goss
Graham Delaet

26 12:42 pm 1 Derek Ernst
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano
Sang-Moon Bae

27 12:53 pm 1 Bernhard Langer
Francesco Molinari
Chris Kirk

28 1:04 pm 1 Dustin Johnson
Jason Day
Henrik Stenson

29 1:15 pm 1 Sergio Garcia
Bubba Watson
Luke Donald

30 1:26 pm 1 Joost Luiten
Marc Leishman
Hunter Mahan

31 1:37 pm 1 Victor Dubuisson
Peter Hanson
Keegan Bradley

32 1:48 pm 1 Phil Mickelson
Ernie Els
Justin Rose

33 1:59 pm 1 Harris English
Russell Henley
Lee Westwood

Mickelson, McIlroy, Moore

Spieth, Stenson, Horschel

Day, Garcie, Fowler

Woods, Donaldson, Walker

Scott, DJ, Murdaca

My prediction is the winner comes from one of these groups.  (I know, way to narrow it down :) )

Oh No!  Did Tiger withdraw already!!!

If you click the link he is listed, only the first page shows up in the thread post.

Bet ESPN is glad Tiger is paired late, when most of the coverage will be.

Bet ESPN is glad Tiger is paired late, when most of the coverage will be.

I'm guessing that wasn't an accident

We get tiger on Thursday, and Rory on Friday, good thing is that Phil is paired with Rory, so I might get to see a little

The field is intentionally spread like that for TV. Best course, worst field, the Master's field is pitifully weak for a major. There are as many guys capable of winning not in the field as in it. There are many people in the field who have absolutely no chance to make the cut and very little chance of breaking 80.

Having written that weak field means big names have the greatest chance to contend and win. That's what makes the Master's so unique.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Condor

• By GolfSpy Stroker
      Nice to see folks taking a break and celebrating the holidays!

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/how-the-golf-world-celebrated-christmas
    • By GolfSpy Dave
      KUCH!
      Looks like Matt Kuchar has finally found a way to get it done again. Been quite a drought for one of golf's most consistent players...
      Anyway, I thought it a fine time to take a look at his armlock putting style and splash a few photos of his Bettinardi.
      Any of you try the armlock style of putting?

• By uptoscratchgolf
      Hey guys,

We have recently taken up golf and are now on a very tongue-in-cheek journey to becoming scratch golfers. Don’t worry, we’re closer to landing on the moon at this rate.

We document each round and would love to hear any feedback, tips or if anyone else around London/Essex wants to play.

Our latest video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6K8KtmpGbA

Check it out, if you can!

• By DPattGolf
      Tomorrow will be the first step in my potential career change from private accountant to PGA Professional with the Playing Ability Test. It is something I have been both excited and nervous about but I know that I love golf and coaching my college team too much to continue to sit behind a desk for 10 hours a day and not give this passion a legitimate shot to become my real career while I am still young and without kids.

I have been playing awful lately (pretty sure its all mental as usual) but I will be playing 36 holes and need a 2 round score of 158 (+14) or better to pass and enter the PGM Program without restrictions.

Here's to straight drives and lots of birdie putts!
    • By mwsb1998
      I was lucky enough to win the grand prize for the Masters round of the #SpyStaffSlam year long contest.  The prize was ANY set of Wilson irons custom built to my specs.  This probably won't be a great review, for that I apologize.  The "challenge" I had was last fall I was custom fit for a set of Mizuno JPX 900 forged irons, so I wasn't in the market for a new set of irons.  However, I needed to get my 12 year old son a new set as he's outgrown his junior set.  I was trying to figure this out for some time in terms of what to get him, senior/ladies/reg flex, a teen set, length and all of those things that had to be figured out with a pre-teen, not to mention that he's a lefty.  So I opted to use this chance to get him his irons (yes, I was very jealous - my first real set came from Kmart).  After looking at all the incredible choices Wilson offers I settled on the C300. These are beautiful irons for sure, and I elected not to get him the forged as the regular ones, as far as I researched, seemed to have some more forgiveness.  The challenge now is what to do with length, lie and flex.  I do not live close to a fitter so I had to take the static measurements, and research online.  I decided to go with the XP90 regular flex shaft as it seemed to be on the lighter side for, but also a regular flex so he can continue to grow into them.  The stock length of these irons is long (7 iron is 37.5" compared to my standard length of my JPX 900 which is 36.75"). So I had them cut .75" short, which made them just .25" shorter than my set.  He still needs to choke down on them, but they're more manageable.  To compensate for his height and the length of the clubs, I had them set at 1* flat.  For grips I got him the standard wilson grip.  These are beautiful clubs!  He was ready to go hit them right away and so we went out.  It will take some getting used to for sure, but it will come.  So while I cannot give you a full review of performance, the process was simple and they were shipped quickly and to spec. He is now set for this year and many to come and I am so looking forward to playing golf with him and my daughter for many years. Thank you My Golf Spy and Wilson for the amazing prize! It's the closest thing to winning the lottery as I'll ever get.

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!