Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TESTERS WANTED - SUPER STROKE TX1 GRIPS

JBones

Wow.

Just got my golfworks catalog in the mail. These are the most expensive swinging grips in there. More expensive than gp ndmc... By $1.50 too

I'd like to be a tester just to see why They're the most expensive grip (no Iomics or leather grips in the catalog).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Handicap: 9

Grip Currently Playing: Red Golf Pride Tour Wrap

How often Regrip: Every few years (I really try to clean my grips often so that they last a long time)

Why would I be an awesome grip tester: I play at least once a week and have a bunch or tournaments and boys golf weekends planned in the next 5 months so I would be able to give them a through testing in many different conditions (mountain, oceanside, country). I'm due for new grips so I wouldn't be wasting good grips that I have now just to get new ones (Earth friendly!). Plus I'm a cool dude and would represent well.

Driver: Srixon ZX II

3-wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero (wins)

Hybrid: Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD

Irons: 3-6 Mizuno 221, 7-PW P53

Wedges: Mizuno T22 50 deg & 56 deg

Putter: Enroll Zero for now 😉

Your handicap= 2

What grip you are currently playing= GP Multicompound (midsize)
How often you regrip your clubs= every year
Why you would be an awesome grip tester: I have two hands, 10 fingers (no mentionable/visible deformities), a fully functional sense of touch and the ability to squeeze things at many pressures (still talking golf grips here). Other than these “unique” talents I have decent grammar (I don't say y'all or yell mashed potato) and out of the majority of the people I know I like to think that my opinion tends to count the most (they will verify this).

Ce qui est dans mon sac:

image.png.b4fee9f5ab11db717204e3cdc0ed9d90.png 905r 9.5 w/ NV65

:755178188_TourEdge: CB2 15* w/ Tour ad 7S

:adams-small:  Original Peanut 16* w/ matrix red tie

🇯🇵 ONOFF  2011 Forged 4-p

🇯🇵 Fourteen RM-22 52,56,60:

🇯🇵 OG 2-Ball j-spec

Your handicap= 2

What grip you are currently playing= GP Multicompound (midsize)How often you regrip your clubs= every yearWhy you would be an awesome grip tester: I have two hands, 10 fingers (no mentionable/visible deformities), a fully functional sense of touch and the ability to squeeze things at many pressures (still talking golf grips here). Other than these “unique” talents I have decent grammar (I don't say y'all or yell mashed potato) and out of the majority of the people I know I like to think that my opinion tends to count the most (they will verify this).

Hey! What is wrong With y'all?!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=XyozVfHGHMiYNo2ugbgI&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Daxu7BhpRlyA&ved=0CDYQtwIwCA&usg=AFQjCNHC4EXmpGTsY7tcv83eKwKuzWrYgQ

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I am a 13 handicap

I currently use Winn Xi7 grips/standard grips that came with clubs

I don't change my grips hardly ever so I guess the best would be every few years

I think I would be great for this because I eat/sleep/drink golf.  I have a fantasy of becoming a sports writer so I think I would be good because the golf is great but being a writer is the dream.  I am honest and will provide feedback to help my fellow golfers. 

Joe

Driver- G410 plus 9°

Fairway- Ping G410 LST 14.5°

Hybrid- 818 H2 19°

Irons- 4-PW 718 AP3

Wedges- Vokey SM7 48°  54°  58°

Putter- Taylormade Spider X

Your handicap 9.5

What grip you are currently playing Bestgrips Microperf

How often you regrip your clubs Honestly, I usually end up with new clubs before it's time to regrip.

Why you would be an awesome grip tester I get out quite often (at least once per week) and play in Houston, TX where the humidity is the ultimate test for golf grips. I'll take great pics of the grips and provide an extremely thorough review. Oh and I can install them myself immediately after receiving them!

Congratulations to the below 10 chosen testers. Please send your name and address to [email protected] and we'll get this started. Thanks to all that applied and stay tuned, there will be more opportunities.

HighFade

EverShady

TPC Jake

Bumpandrun

MadisonGolfbum

Fsav

Jacustomgolf

TeamPowers

Jbil8802

Apprenti

Congratulations to the below 10 chosen testers. Please send your name and address to [email protected] and we'll get this started. Thanks to all that applied and stay tuned, there will be more opportunities.

HighFade

EverShady

TPC Jake

Bumpandrun

MadisonGolfbum

Fsav

Jacustomgolf

TeamPowers

Jbil8802

Apprenti

Congrats guys I'm jealous! Excited to hear your thoughts

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Congrats to all and enjoy. Looking forward to hearing about the test.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Congrats to HighFade, EverShady, TPC Jake, Bumpandrun, MadisonGolfbum, Fsav, Jacustomgolf, TeamPowers, Jbil8802, Apprenti.  Enjoy your testing and provide us with plenty of pics along with your reviews.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm excited. Hopefully the durability is better than the Golf Pride NDMC I'm using right now.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

• Your handicap - 2.4

• What grip you are currently playing - New Decade Multicompound Blackout
  • How often you regrip your clubs - Once every season or season and a half
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester - Plan to be playing a ton of golf this summer! This will, hands down, be the most I have ever used a set of grips in such a short amount of time. I will be working on all aspects of my game so I can provide great reviews when hitting all sorts of shots from drives to pitches around the green! 

MS1DFyg.jpg

I hope you guys can keep a.... grip... after receiving the good news.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Congrats team!

Work me hard and let us know the results!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Welcome Jake!  Glad to see another PNW golfer on the forum, even if you are on the wet side.   :)

Thanks Kenny!  Glad to finally join the forum.  I spent 6 years on the dry side - in the Spokane area..  Back home now.  

HighFade

EverShady

TPC Jake

Bumpandrun

MadisonGolfbum

Fsav

Jacustomgolf

TeamPowers

Jbil8802

Apprenti

Thanks Bones!!!  I can't wait!!  Hopefully I make you proud and earn a spot in future equipment testing projects!!  

Thank you my golf spy and super stroke. I can't wait to try these out and report back. This site keeps getting better and better.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

I received my notice from UPS today that the grips will be here tomorrow.  Looking forward to putting them in play and giving my insight.  Thanks for the opportunity!

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

• Your handicap  14

• What grip you are currently playing  Lampkin Utx
  • How often you regrip your clubs  Once a year
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester  Id be a great tester cause I love the game and would love to compare equipment in the industry to help make it better for all players.

Just received 13 brand spankin' new SuperStroke TX1 Black/White grips courtesy of UPS and the good people here at MGS. Really looking forward to putting them on this weekend and putting them through the paces.

Received my grips the other day. Beautiful black and white grips shipped fast and packaged well

A little inside info the grips although I though we're going to be rough with the cord are amazingly soft go as far to say SUPERSOFT!!! I am trademarking that right now.

Thanks mgs superstroke and ups for the nice gift

Can't wait to start smacking my shanks

Received my grips the other day. Beautiful black and white grips shipped fast and packaged well

A little inside info the grips although I though we're going to be rough with the cord are amazingly soft go as far to say SUPERSOFT!!! I am trademarking that right now.

Thanks mgs superstroke and ups for the nice gift

Can't wait to start smacking my shanks

I agree. I put them on last night. Great feel. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

Got mine tonight and immediately put the grips on myself. Never tried doing that before, but it was easier than I thought. I'll post that info on another thread.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has all been set up or not but Im around a 20 HC or I really measure just shot to shot. Just that I cant really see the value of a socre at the end. Im trying to learn Golf with a goal of shooting a par for each hole. If I get 1 or 2 more shots per hole then Im ok. But I just play tee to FIR to GIR with MAX of 2 putts. Those are my goals. I play every day as I work next to a course and can get in 9 before heading home. Weekends I like to get at least 18 in.

There all kinds of grips out there. GP seems to have the market locked for brand confidence and no doubt they make some awesome grips. But what else is there? These Super Strokes seem really really interesting of all the grips Ive seen. Whenever I pick them up in the local sporting goods store I notice a very high quality of workmanship and materials. However the $$$ just kicks my butt. I just cant pop down that kind of cash $10+ per grip. Even GPs are getting/are $$.

The real test is on the clubs, on the course and just flat out wearing them out to see if that $$ is worth it.

I think the best way to review these is to have them installed at my home course by our pro. Though I can install grips they have done thousands more so they would do a better job.  Id also have them take a look at them. Then get after it. Not sure what the time frame is here but I think I could get a real good idea of what these things are all about within a few short weeks. Well at least we could get a real good idea of their performance in the hot/humid NC weather. Id go ahead and play them through the winter also as I dont stop playing unless the greens are iced. So all in all I think I could get all of us a very good idea of what these grips are all about.

Sorry for the spelling errors but Ive a tee time set in about 30 minutes.

JF

So.....who is putting on their own grips......and do you use air or mineral spirits?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived