JBones

TESTERS WANTED - SUPER STROKE TX1 GRIPS

Our Sponsors

Your handicap - 6

What grip you are currently playing - Pure Pro and Lamkin REL Ace 3gen.

How often you regrip your clubs - 1-2 times per year

Why you would be an awesome grip tester

I am just about to regrip! I have tried various grips the last 2 years and really cant find the perfect grip. Ive tried NDMCs, Pures, Lamkins, Golf Pride VDRs and TVs, and would LOVE to try these superstrokes and see how they compare.

Im hoping its like a goldilocks story.. some are too hard.. some are to squishy.. maybe these are just right.

What's in the Bag?

- PING G400 SFTec driver, Mitsubishi Chemical C6 Blue Stiff, @ 9*

- PING G series 3w, Alta CB Stiff shaft @ 16*

- PING G400 19* & 22* Hybrid, Alta CB Stiff

- PING i200 Irons, Modus 105 stiff, soft stepped, purple dot 5-AW

- PING Glide 56, 60 wedges, Modus 105 wedge shafts

- Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C @ 32.75 inches

Handicap : 15

Current Grip : GP half cord

How often? : once every couple years. May end up being more often with plans to play a lot more

Why would I be good : I am very picky about my grips. My hands tend to sweat in the humid ohio weather so my search continues for the perfect grip and I'd love to give this one a try. I'm also due for a regrip so it is good timing. I will also give honest and detailed feedback.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

• Your handicap--6.8

• What grip you are currently playing--Golf Pride CP2 Wrap
  • How often you regrip your clubs--once/season
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester--Not only do I love everything golf, but you should get more feedback from us female golfers.  We love the game as much as the guys and are always looking to improve and use great equipment.

I love Super Stroke putting grips...would be great to try the club grips!!

• Your handicap 12
  • What grip you are currently playing Winn Dri Tac
  • How often you regrip your clubs About every 18 months
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester I don't play with a glove, so I think I can offer a different viewpoint than most of the other testers. I'm also in pretty dire need of a re-grip, so would really be throwing me a bone, especially given my re-grip fund will be going to Uncle Sam next week :( Am also a SuperStroke user on the putter, so would love to complete the set. Lastly, living in Michigan, there's a chance I could put it through every element in a single range session.

Thanks for the consideration.

My handicap = +2

Current grips = Golf Pride Tour Velvet

Number of regrips per year = 2-3

Why I'd be an awesome tester = I'd be an awesome tester because this summer I will play most of my golf in Arizona, where golf grips go to die.  However, I will also play some in humid Oklahoma.  If the SuperStroke grips can hold up through a summer of hot/dry and hot/humid, they will do well anywhere.  

Thanks for your consideration.

Chris K

Handicap: I did not know the grip cared about your handicap.

Current grips: Lamkin crosslines full cord with the logo upside down. For some reason that increases my accuracy due to the less wind resistence when turning the club over.

How often do I change grips?: This is more dependent on the clubs. I regrip the clubs I practice with the most more frequently. This boils down to 3-4 times a season. But I always regrip my clubs at the beginning of the season.

Why would I be a good grip tester?: Why wouldn't I be a great tester. Due to my occupantion I perform tests ver frequently and I believe that following the scientific model would produce the greatest results. Allowing a control fell of the grip and testing it against different conditions. For example how does the grip hold up after it has been thrown in the pond and then played for the rest of the round? These are real world situations that need to be tested.

• Your handicap: -15

• What grip you are currently playing: Lamkin I-Line
  • How often you regrip your clubs: twice per season
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester:  I play golf at least once a week, and due to work and family I have a set day to play. My family knows that on Monday afternoon I'm golfing rain or shine. In Michigan most of those days are hit or miss and I've had to play in the rain and wind plenty of time. I have tried many different groups from the cords that come with the irons, to thewrap (which are my favorite, but only for good weather golf), to the multi-compound which suits my needs the best but are sometimes too expensive. I currently have been playing the Lamkin I-Line grips due to them being on clearance on Lamkins website and since I frequently change grips.  So to answer the question of why I would be an awesome grip tester its because: I have used many different types of grips, I use them in all weather conditions, and I play at least once a week.

• Your handicap:  15

• What grip you are currently playing:  Winn DriTacs
  • How often you regrip your clubs: 2x a year.
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester:  I just put the Winns on a set of clubs, and this would be a nice comparison to those grips.  I cin rite purty good, but my wife sez that I have no sinse of humer.  The only humerus thing is my backswing.  

6......handicap......,.winn..dritac....change 1 to 2 per year.....I am an avid player that loves the newest technology......at my club there are at least three people who still talk to me so my influence is in question.....mainly due to loudmouth clothes array.....I was going to get best grips leather and compare to something but since football was not my strong suit i need something to bounce off of as a comparison....the dots are a painful way to string these sentences together.

Your handicap: 18

What grip you are currently playing: Sharpro dual grips

How often you regrip your clubs: about every 1.5 years

Why you would be an awesome grip tester: because I'm ASIAN ! You need diversity on your panel of testers, I'm an equipment ***** so I will test anything and give excellent feedback. I've worked in retail golf and at the PGA tour in the past. And for petes sake, you you don't think I know how to use a camera effectively? One of my relatives probably built the thing!

Your handicap - 5.5 index

What grip you are currently playing - Mostly GP Multi Compound, but due for a change out.

How often you regrip your clubs - usually twice per year

Why you would be an awesome grip tester - I play over 150 rounds per year, 15-20 tournaments, in all kinds of weather.

• Your handicap - 13
  • What grip you are currently playing - golf pride multi compound
  • How often you regrip your clubs - 1-2 years, i go by feel so it varies a little
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester - i have 2 left hands so i could provide insight you can't get anywhere else. And i talk a lot of golf so if i love them ill tell EVERYONE

Irons - Adams Idea A7 with plastic and paint stripped for sleek look

Wedges - anything Cleveland 52, 56, 60

Putter - ever changing, currently Rife Abaco 35in

3 wood - Adams speedline

Driver - TM R11S, stiff, 9.5

Ball - ProV1, Hex chrome, NXT Tour, Srixon Z star

HDCP - 13

Cincinnati, OH 

"9 birdies and 9 bogeys is a hell of a lot more fun than 18 pars"

Is it just me or is there an inordinate amount of first time posters in this contest? Lol maybe this is the norm and I've never noticed.

• Like 2

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Your Handicap: 15

What Grip You're Currently Playing: Best Grips Microperf

How Often You Regrip Your Clubs: Never. Cool thing about leather. You don't have to replace them every season!

Why You a Would Be An Awesome Grip Tester: I love reviews. Have a good way with words and take plenty of pictures. Would love to contribute to the growth of the site, and am genuinely intrigued by the design of these grips. I have a unique perspective being that I've played a leather grip over the last two seasons, one that I feel is the tackiest I've ever experienced. So the competition will be stiff. I'm honest about my thoughts and am overall a pretty kickass guy! Haha. Oh, and I'm very particular about my grips.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Handi 5.5

Lamkin similar to your velvet

Twice to three times a year I replace grips

I would be a great tester because I need to have minus 1/64 grips which is a nucance to stretch or build up to normally when I find one consistent grip that fits my hand and allows easy application I stick with it until I read something like this. Love the super stroke putter grips and play enough rounds to get it in.

Handicap: +.5

Current Grip: Lamkin REL 3 GEN (Orange)

Regrip: 1 time a year

Why would I be a good tester: I play about 30 rounds half of which are tournaments.  Need a grip that will not get slick and will hold up and help me when I am under pressure.  I can take good photos, and give honest feedback.

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +2.4

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Handicap: 4

Current Grip: Tour Velvet

Regrip: 1 time a year

Been in and around golf for more than 30 years.  I've worked in the business, taught in the business and sold in the business.  While my golf game isn't what it used to be, I'm definitely knowledgeable enough to be able to regrip my clubs myself and provide a  review of these new grips vs many others I've experienced throughout the years.

• Your handicap -> 5
  • What grip you are currently playing -> PureGrips
  • How often you regrip your clubs -> 2 times a year
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester -> I am very anal about build quality and performance.  Having done club work for myself and others I know what to look for in quality and performance.

HDCP - 6.3

Playing stock TM RSI 1 grips

Regrip 2-3 times a year

I play roughly 75-100 rounds a year and play rain or shine.  Always love trying new equipment and giving honest opinion.

Handicap: 14

Current golf grip I use: Trying out Golf Pride CP2 pro midsize. Like how the right hand is thicker without using wraps under the grip.

How often do I regrip: Once a year, unless I win these!

I would be an awesome tester: Because I like to tinker and experiment with different feels and styles to see what works best for me. I like the look of this grip and I have  a Super Stroke grip on my putter that I love.

Thanks for the chance to test them out and perhaps win them.