TESTERS WANTED - SUPER STROKE TX1 GRIPS

Our Sponsors

Wow.

Just got my golfworks catalog in the mail. These are the most expensive swinging grips in there. More expensive than gp ndmc... By $1.50 too

I'd like to be a tester just to see why They're the most expensive grip (no Iomics or leather grips in the catalog).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good news is this thread is so old that Golf Works currently has these grips currently in the close out section $2.99 each.     Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

hey guys..... check the date of the original post...2015.  someone's doing throwback thursday a little early

Posted Images

Handicap: 9

Grip Currently Playing: Red Golf Pride Tour Wrap

How often Regrip: Every few years (I really try to clean my grips often so that they last a long time)

Why would I be an awesome grip tester: I play at least once a week and have a bunch or tournaments and boys golf weekends planned in the next 5 months so I would be able to give them a through testing in many different conditions (mountain, oceanside, country). I'm due for new grips so I wouldn't be wasting good grips that I have now just to get new ones (Earth friendly!). Plus I'm a cool dude and would represent well.

• Like 1

Your handicap= 2

What grip you are currently playing= GP Multicompound (midsize)
How often you regrip your clubs= every year
Why you would be an awesome grip tester: I have two hands, 10 fingers (no mentionable/visible deformities), a fully functional sense of touch and the ability to squeeze things at many pressures (still talking golf grips here). Other than these “unique” talents I have decent grammar (I don't say y'all or yell mashed potato) and out of the majority of the people I know I like to think that my opinion tends to count the most (they will verify this).

Ce qui est dans mon sac:

image.png.b4fee9f5ab11db717204e3cdc0ed9d90.png 905r 9.5 w/ NV65

:755178188_TourEdge: CB2 15* w/ Tour ad 7S

:adams-small:  Original Peanut 16* w/ matrix red tie

🇯🇵 ONOFF  2011 Forged 4-p

🇯🇵 Fourteen RM-22 52,56,60:

🇯🇵 OG 2-Ball j-spec

Your handicap= 2

What grip you are currently playing= GP Multicompound (midsize)How often you regrip your clubs= every yearWhy you would be an awesome grip tester: I have two hands, 10 fingers (no mentionable/visible deformities), a fully functional sense of touch and the ability to squeeze things at many pressures (still talking golf grips here). Other than these “unique” talents I have decent grammar (I don't say y'all or yell mashed potato) and out of the majority of the people I know I like to think that my opinion tends to count the most (they will verify this).

Hey! What is wrong With y'all?!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=XyozVfHGHMiYNo2ugbgI&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Daxu7BhpRlyA&ved=0CDYQtwIwCA&usg=AFQjCNHC4EXmpGTsY7tcv83eKwKuzWrYgQ

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

I am a 13 handicap

I currently use Winn Xi7 grips/standard grips that came with clubs

I don't change my grips hardly ever so I guess the best would be every few years

I think I would be great for this because I eat/sleep/drink golf.  I have a fantasy of becoming a sports writer so I think I would be good because the golf is great but being a writer is the dream.  I am honest and will provide feedback to help my fellow golfers. 

Joe

Driver- G410 plus 9°

Fairway- Ping G410 LST 14.5°

Hybrid- 818 H2 19°

Irons- 4-PW 718 AP3

Wedges- Vokey SM7 48°  54°  58°

Putter- Taylormade Spider X

Your handicap 9.5

What grip you are currently playing Bestgrips Microperf

How often you regrip your clubs Honestly, I usually end up with new clubs before it's time to regrip.

Why you would be an awesome grip tester I get out quite often (at least once per week) and play in Houston, TX where the humidity is the ultimate test for golf grips. I'll take great pics of the grips and provide an extremely thorough review. Oh and I can install them myself immediately after receiving them!

Congratulations to the below 10 chosen testers. Please send your name and address to Golfspy_Bones@mygolfspy.com and we'll get this started. Thanks to all that applied and stay tuned, there will be more opportunities.

HighFade

EverShady

TPC Jake

Bumpandrun

MadisonGolfbum

Fsav

Jacustomgolf

TeamPowers

Jbil8802

Apprenti

Congratulations to the below 10 chosen testers. Please send your name and address to Golfspy_Bones@mygolfspy.com and we'll get this started. Thanks to all that applied and stay tuned, there will be more opportunities.

HighFade

EverShady

TPC Jake

Bumpandrun

MadisonGolfbum

Fsav

Jacustomgolf

TeamPowers

Jbil8802

Apprenti

Congrats guys I'm jealous! Excited to hear your thoughts

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Congrats to all and enjoy. Looking forward to hearing about the test.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Congrats to HighFade, EverShady, TPC Jake, Bumpandrun, MadisonGolfbum, Fsav, Jacustomgolf, TeamPowers, Jbil8802, Apprenti.  Enjoy your testing and provide us with plenty of pics along with your reviews.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I'm excited. Hopefully the durability is better than the Golf Pride NDMC I'm using right now.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

• Your handicap - 2.4

• What grip you are currently playing - New Decade Multicompound Blackout
  • How often you regrip your clubs - Once every season or season and a half
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester - Plan to be playing a ton of golf this summer! This will, hands down, be the most I have ever used a set of grips in such a short amount of time. I will be working on all aspects of my game so I can provide great reviews when hitting all sorts of shots from drives to pitches around the green! 

MS1DFyg.jpg

I hope you guys can keep a.... grip... after receiving the good news.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Congrats team!

Work me hard and let us know the results!

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Just received my email from bones. honestly this was a shot inthe dark for me but I am supper pumped. I will do my best to make this meaningufl to all

Welcome Jake!  Glad to see another PNW golfer on the forum, even if you are on the wet side.   :)

Thanks Kenny!  Glad to finally join the forum.  I spent 6 years on the dry side - in the Spokane area..  Back home now.  

HighFade

EverShady

TPC Jake

Bumpandrun

MadisonGolfbum

Fsav

Jacustomgolf

TeamPowers

Jbil8802

Apprenti

Thanks Bones!!!  I can't wait!!  Hopefully I make you proud and earn a spot in future equipment testing projects!!