TESTERS WANTED - SUPER STROKE TX1 GRIPS

Our Sponsors

Thank you my golf spy and super stroke. I can't wait to try these out and report back. This site keeps getting better and better.

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good news is this thread is so old that Golf Works currently has these grips currently in the close out section $2.99 each.     Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

hey guys..... check the date of the original post...2015.  someone's doing throwback thursday a little early

Posted Images

I received my notice from UPS today that the grips will be here tomorrow.  Looking forward to putting them in play and giving my insight.  Thanks for the opportunity!

• Like 1

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

• Your handicap  14

• What grip you are currently playing  Lampkin Utx
  • How often you regrip your clubs  Once a year
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester  Id be a great tester cause I love the game and would love to compare equipment in the industry to help make it better for all players.

Just received 13 brand spankin' new SuperStroke TX1 Black/White grips courtesy of UPS and the good people here at MGS. Really looking forward to putting them on this weekend and putting them through the paces.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Received my grips the other day. Beautiful black and white grips shipped fast and packaged well

A little inside info the grips although I though we're going to be rough with the cord are amazingly soft go as far to say SUPERSOFT!!! I am trademarking that right now.

Thanks mgs superstroke and ups for the nice gift

Can't wait to start smacking my shanks

Received my grips the other day. Beautiful black and white grips shipped fast and packaged well

A little inside info the grips although I though we're going to be rough with the cord are amazingly soft go as far to say SUPERSOFT!!! I am trademarking that right now.

Thanks mgs superstroke and ups for the nice gift

Can't wait to start smacking my shanks

I agree. I put them on last night. Great feel. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Got mine tonight and immediately put the grips on myself. Never tried doing that before, but it was easier than I thought. I'll post that info on another thread.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has all been set up or not but Im around a 20 HC or I really measure just shot to shot. Just that I cant really see the value of a socre at the end. Im trying to learn Golf with a goal of shooting a par for each hole. If I get 1 or 2 more shots per hole then Im ok. But I just play tee to FIR to GIR with MAX of 2 putts. Those are my goals. I play every day as I work next to a course and can get in 9 before heading home. Weekends I like to get at least 18 in.

There all kinds of grips out there. GP seems to have the market locked for brand confidence and no doubt they make some awesome grips. But what else is there? These Super Strokes seem really really interesting of all the grips Ive seen. Whenever I pick them up in the local sporting goods store I notice a very high quality of workmanship and materials. However the $$$ just kicks my butt. I just cant pop down that kind of cash $10+ per grip. Even GPs are getting/are $$.

The real test is on the clubs, on the course and just flat out wearing them out to see if that $$ is worth it.

I think the best way to review these is to have them installed at my home course by our pro. Though I can install grips they have done thousands more so they would do a better job.  Id also have them take a look at them. Then get after it. Not sure what the time frame is here but I think I could get a real good idea of what these things are all about within a few short weeks. Well at least we could get a real good idea of their performance in the hot/humid NC weather. Id go ahead and play them through the winter also as I dont stop playing unless the greens are iced. So all in all I think I could get all of us a very good idea of what these grips are all about.

Sorry for the spelling errors but Ive a tee time set in about 30 minutes.

JF

So.....who is putting on their own grips......and do you use air or mineral spirits?

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I used a mineral kit, bought it at golf galaxy for $18. Super easy.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• 1 year later...

Chris Heinze

Handicap-19

Current Grips-Winn DryTac Midsize

Regrip Frequency-Every 9-12 months

Why select me?

I am retired military with a fair amount of free time usually spent at the driving range or on the course. I usually play once or twice a week, and go to the range at least once a week, usually more. Living in the Phoenix area, we have excellent weather for year round golf. I am also a good candidate to be a tester because I am very particular about what grips I use. I have some medical conditions that are easily aggravated so a poor grip has a significant effect on me. I look for several characteristics in grips; feel, tackiness, durability, vibration dampening, size options, sweat control, aesthetics, and more. I am also in the market for new grips and have been interested in the Super Stroke line. I have one on my putter and absolutely love it. Lastly, I have good communication skills and I'm somewhat tech savvy so I will be able to write a detailed, comprehensive review with pictures and videos.

Chris Heinze

Phoenix AZ

Handicap: 19

Right Handed

What's in my bag: (Ogio Cirrus)

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 10.5, Fujikura Ref

Fairway- Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Fujikura

Hybrid 4- Taylormade Rescue 4, Fujikura

Irons- Callaway X18 4-PW, steel shafts

Wedge- Alien 60°

Putter- Odyssey White Hot

Grips- D-LW Winn DryTec Midsize

Grip- Putter SuperStroke 2.0 Midsize

Balls- Bridgestone E6

Glove- Adidas

Shoes- Under Armour

• 1 year later...

Current grips are Wynn midsize dry tac, change grips yearly, my handicap is 8.4. Why I should be selected, Because I truly believe I am the right choice, with over 50 years of golf exp. both playing and teaching the game. I love Super Stroke grips use them on my putter. I would love to have them on all my clubs but honestly I can't afford them since being disabled my budget will not allow it. Thank you. Donald Gates, ddgatesjr@yahoo.com

attachicon.gifTx1-Grips-28.jpg

TESTERS WANTED - APPLY NOW

We are looking for 10 MyGolfSpy Forum members to test the Super Stroke TX1 club grips. Many of you have tried Super Stroke putter grips and now they are making a play to get on the rest of the clubs in your bag. The Super Stroke TX1 is a multi-material grip, with the upper section being soft, tacky cord and the bottom section being soft rubber.

As usual, we're looking for readers who can put the grips through their paces and be willing to write coherently about your experience and provide good quality photographs.

To apply for testing, reply to this thread with the following information:

• Your handicap
  • What grip you are currently playing
  • How often you regrip your clubs
  • Why you would be an awesome grip tester
This testing is open to those in the Continental US. If selected, you will receive a full set of 13 Super Stroke TX1 club grips.

attachicon.gifTx1-Grips-16.jpg

Good luck

Your handicap- 1

* What grip you are currently playing- I'm currently playing GP Tour Wraps. 1 extra wrap under left hand and 2x wrap under the right.

* How often you regrip your clubs- I regrip twice a year.

* Why you would be an awesome grip tester- There's a lot that goes into the value of a grip- feel is number one but we also need to consider cost, ease of installation, durability, tackiness, how clean or dirty it becomes, and behavior when wet. I will look at all of these factors over time so that our readers have as much information as possible when making a buying decision.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

hey guys..... check the date of the original post...2015. 

someone's doing throwback thursday a little early

• Like 7
What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Accra TZ5 Proto 65 M5 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Tour Blue 75X 

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 45.8, 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• Handi: 6.2
  • Golf Pride New Decade Mulitcompound
  • 2-3x per year
  • Because my hands are delicate and dainty, and would be perfect to provide the feedback needed.

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

@Ddgatesjr, welcome to MGS! This thread is from 2015, but if you contribute to the forums, you might get selected for something else later on. Just FYI, you may want to edit your post and delete your email address so that it's not just out there for anyone to see.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

hey guys..... check the date of the original post...2015.

someone's doing throwback thursday a little early

Not me this time!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo: