Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

1934 First Masters Tournament Official Program....

mainuh

During one of my many researches I stumbled upon an auction site that somehow has access to some of the more interesting sports items that come up for auction -

This just came through my email - Pretty cool thing to own

lf?source=url%5bfile%3aimages%2finetpub%2fnewnames%2f300%2f4%2f8%2f9%2f2%2f4892482.jpg%5d%2ccontinueonerror%5btrue%5d&scale=size%5b220x350%5d%2coptions%5blimit%5d&source=url%5bfile%3aimages%2finetpub%2fwebuse%2fno_image_available.gif%5d%2cif%5b%28%27global.source.error%27%29%5d&sink=preservemd%5btrue%5d

1934 First Masters Tournament Official Program. Recently discovered treasure joins approximately a dozen known surviving examples to rank among the most sought after golf publications in the collecting hobby. Links legend Bobby Jones' vision that was born this year would come to be the most prestigious tournament in the sport, the Green Jacket its most coveted prize. Cultured collectors are aware that despite the popularity and intrigue of this annual event, official programs were only offered the first two years of the tournament's existence. The provided specimen survives in remarkably strong condition, with moderate cover wear, including splitting at the spine, the only issues worthy of note. It must be stressed that the covers remain firmly affixed to the staples. The interior pages bear not a crease, tear or stain to mention. With examples of Masters programs surfacing at public auction once every few years, advanced collectors are advised to bid aggressively, as the wait between opportunities for ownership are long indeed.

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

That's really cool. The only program that I have is the Red Sox/Cardinals 2004 World Series program, but that one wins hands down.

Jamo - hear ya' about the program - I have a program and mint julep glass from the 100th running of the Kentucky Derby (Cannonade/Cordero).

Helluva good time (from what I can remember :lol: )

But the Masters...had a friend in college whose dad had extra tickets @ 1971 (Charles Coody) and for whatever dopey reason I stayed in my dorm drank beer and smoked pot that weekend. :lol:

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

That is so Kool.... the pics of the course back in 1934 are wild! The pics alone are like fine art! Stunning.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto