TESTERS WANTED! ×

NIKE Method Prototype 006, released to the "public"

Hula Rock

If you want an illustration of how many of the bot running sneaker freaks bought this putter, just check ebay (both current and completed listings) and check out the sellers.  Profile pics of shoes and completed listings of all kinds of shoes that are rare/limited.  Not hard to figure out who's who.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotty's site, on the other hand as an example, relies on human speed to purchase.  You can do things to speed it up such as type out your credit card number and copy it so you can paste it in quickly, but there's no fooling it and bots aren't on there killing sales.  You have to be logged in and sitting there refreshing like a madman at release time to get anything, honestly, and even then there's no holds, you can lose an item in the cart.  For example when he releases a bag, you better be on and waiting and add the bag and check out then come back for other stuff or you'll lose the bag during checkout. You pay shipping twice but you won't lose the bag every time.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

There's only one thing to do to take on the sneaker heads...

Have golfers buy up all the limited edition shoes upon release. Then we will have a hostage exchange. 

I knew this stuff goes down all the time but after seeing how quickly putters sell out, then magically appear on ebay, it's a real problem. Call it capitalism, etc, but yes...it's getting out of hand when you need bots to buy your stuff online.  

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

There's only one thing to do to take on the sneaker heads...

Have golfers buy up all the limited edition shoes upon release. Then we will have a hostage exchange.

I knew this stuff goes down all the time but after seeing how quickly putters sell out, then magically appear on ebay, it's a real problem. Call it capitalism, etc, but yes...it's getting out of hand when you need bots to buy your stuff online.

It's how Nike's site is set up that allows it to happen. Once an item is in a cart it's on hold for 30 minutes to an hour, reserved. Should be based on how fast you enter info but their carts hold things. And you're not beating sneaker heads on those releases. They have it down to a science with bots they sell for it that there's no way to beat as a human.

Guess their limited golf stuff will turn into the same thing their shoes have. An opportunity to get shot if you have it out in public.

In The Bag

Here's who all has sold out before they're supposed to even be on sale at retail:

Carl's Golfland

Discount Golf World

Golfsmith

Edwin Watts

Global Golf said theirs aren't for sale

TGW said they're not getting any (they were in their site on the 14th)

Golfballs.com initially said theirs were sold and when I asked how when they're not supposed to be available until tomorrow he said they're not for sale. Rude guy that answered the phone to boot.

FairwayGolfUSA didn't answer the phone.

GolfTown said they don't know if they're getting any and said they wouldn't know when they'd go on their site if they did (was gonna pay shipping from Canada if I had to).

Yeah pretty much if you want one, pay 3x the price or more

In The Bag

GolfUSA didn't get one at all. Their director of digital tech had to buy one for himself.

In The Bag

Saw one on the bay for 750 I think. I'm sure that's more than your wanting to pay though. I have to admit this is pretty stupid.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I'm not paying more than the price they were sold for. Sorry. Not encouraging flippers.

In The Bag

Saw one on the bay for 750 I think. I'm sure that's more than your wanting to pay though. I have to admit this is pretty stupid.

Assuming its not fake...

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

What was the original retail price?

$450 plus shipping. Most ended up around $488

In The Bag

Add another retailer to the list. This one is better. The PGA TSS has lost a customer. I called this morning and was told they didn't know how many they'd get if any. I asked if I could leave a name and phone number in the event they did get some in so I could be contacted. I was told no. I just called back and they said that they're getting 10 and they're sold out. I asked when they found out she said at 1:00 pm. I called at 12:00 pm. So an hour after I called they found our. She then told me that they had a list of names they went down that had requested they get a call. Really, so you're not taking names an hour before you find out but you did after that. I told her exactly how unethical that was to lie to customers that spend a lot of money. I asked her to pull up my player rewards account and let me know how many I had accumulated during the account's history. I'm ashamed to say what that number is honestly. That store has maybe been here 10 years and those points are ridiculous. I told her to close the account and remove my name, address and telephone number as well as email address from their distribution lists immediately. I will not financially support a company that blatantly lies to customers.

In The Bag

I know the guys over on WRX are going ape s*** over this I just read 17 pages in that one thread and besides the guys that got one for free because of the initial thing there was only one that posted that he actually got one.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Bummer Rookie I agree with you 110% but the bad thing about it is the customer service person probably does not give a crap because she will probably find a better paying job in two weeks. From what I have read here and on WRX this whole deal seems to be a sham.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

GolfTown is getting 10. They refuse to sell to US residents. Said they can't ship here. Really?

In The Bag

I sent Mark Parker,  CEO of Nike an email today voicing my disappointment in the process and asking for a change in it.  I'm sure it will go straight to his spam folder and never be read but you never know.  I had an issue with shipping concerning Titleist last year and emailed the president of sales.  He called me within an hour of sending the email and was very open to hearing my concerns. 

It's how Nike's site is set up that allows it to happen. Once an item is in a cart it's on hold for 30 minutes to an hour, reserved. Should be based on how fast you enter info but their carts hold things. And you're not beating sneaker heads on those releases. They have it down to a science with bots they sell for it that there's no way to beat as a human.

Guess their limited golf stuff will turn into the same thing their shoes have. An opportunity to get shot if you have it out in public.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I couldn't find Mr Parker not any of the other executive's emails. If you've got any of them, send me a PM. I planned on also sending a letter I've written certified mail tomorrow as well. But I'd love to send them an email

In The Bag

What makes you feel so entitled to get one? Why do you want one so bad? Why can't you get a Cameron or insert putter maker here to make you one?

I don't care if you get offended, because to me all this seems rather childish and how dare you try and call out flippers. You know damn well you've been guilty of it before and will probably do it again, so just keep that in mind when making accusations.

I like you RB, but don't you find the manner in which you're doing this to be a bit rash?

I wouldn't care that I didn't get one, had it have been a fair release.  The part that irks me royally is the issue with bots buying all of these up and the general public having very little to no chance.  Some of the guys that actually got them on WRX got them half an hour after the release happened, after they were dropped out of bots carts.  I also have a problem with Nike telling people that the second, retailer release was to be tomorrow and every one of these retailers have already sold them, prior to that date, which the manufacturer has said that they would be on sale.  It's not a fair marketplace, which Nike themselves has posted on every release that they believe in a "fun and fair release".  That's the issue I have with it.  Nothing about this was fair for consumers that genuinely want this product to use.  There are those that were invested in getting this putter released that had no shot in hell at getting it.  One of those persons was Lesmond at WRX, possibly the largest Nike Golf fanboy on the planet.  The only way he got one was he got lucky when one got released from a bot's cart.  The product never showed available for many.  That's why I'm pissed about it, because the release wasn't what Nike said it would be "fair" and it's directly in contrast of their mission statement.  The problem I have with the retailers are they're selling them before the date that they are supposed to be selling them.

As far as flipping items myself.  If you've ever bought Scotty Cameron stuff, you know that unless you get a special release, you're not flipping it for a profit. That's the only stuff I resale that's new, and I only resale it when it comes in and I don't like how it looks in person.  I use covers is why I sell a special should I get one, because I don't collect and I know those out there that do want them new and unused.  I've traded a special before for a standard release cover I like and some cash on the end and the specials I've sold were below what they were selling for everywhere.  But I can assure you I'm far in the red when it comes to Scotty Cameron releases.  

In The Bag

Okay well here's my thing, you have known of these bots for a long time now. Why didn't you utilize one? Average Joe (myself included) was ignorant of them until you informed. If I wanted something and knew of the bots you better believe I would use one! Since you've already known how Nike releases are, (I sure learned a lot readon the info you posted) I found it pretty stupid of you having not used one.

Okay well here's my thing, you have known of these bots for a long time now. Why didn't you utilize one? Average Joe (myself included) was ignorant of them until you informed. If I wanted something and knew of the bots you better believe I would use one! Since you've already known how Nike releases are, (I sure learned a lot readon the info you posted) I found it pretty stupid of you having not used one.

If you'll read, you'll see that I said I was not aware these bots existed until yesterday after the release when I talked to a buddy that collects Jordans.  I called him and asked him how in the hell that could've happened that it never showed available and he told me about the bots.  I then researched all I could find about them then called the buddy that works for Google.  Prior to yesterday around 11:00 when I saw the tweet this putter was sold out, I didn't know myself they existed.  But I did google the hell out of bots and found out every bit of info I could about them before calling the friend that works for google.  You can find a whole lot of information on them real quickly.

In The Bag

I'm pretty pissed with how the release went.  If it were a fair release and I missed it, hey, I missed out.  But when you find that out it pisses you off.  Then when you find out one guy ended up with not 1 but 4 (he has to have 4 Nike accounts because you could only buy 1) and has them all listed on eBay, yeah, you get pissed, among other things.  When it's something you feel invested in helping createthe release by repeated bugging the piss out of the manufacturer, it hits a little harder.  Hell, I've lost things before.  Scotty bags in the cart, lost the MMProtos because they moved our office 2 days before and I gave them the old phone number we had and it couldn't be edited, so I never got the phone call.  I was registered and in line for them and the phone number glitch made them move on.  Didn't get mad at anyone but myself on that one, actually laughed at it afterward at work when I told the guys I was working with at the time what I did. LOL

In The Bag

I'll tell you something else that pissed me off and sent me on a tirade too... When Dick's fired their PGA pros.  I wrote them a letter about that.  Come to find out, the guy at the local Dick's didn't lose his job.  I still won't purchase in that store, but he's also a club rep for a manufacturer and I've called him and ordered from him over his cell a couple times and had it shipped to me via that account of his.

In The Bag

And for those curious, here's a good reddit I read up on about bots

http://www.reddit.com/r/Sneakers/comments/1uf65m/official_bot_talk_discussion_bashing_question_faq/

In The Bag

And for those curious, here's a good reddit I read up on about bots

http://www.reddit.com/r/Sneakers/comments/1uf65m/official_bot_talk_discussion_bashing_question_faq/

"Game doesn't change... Game's the same"

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Its amazing the lengths these guys go to..

The author of the reddit article states  " Nike by far is the most active in terms of battling bots" but sounds like he is not having any problem with getting the sneakers he wants.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Wow! I am worn out just trying to read this stuff.  These "Bots" can be really mean.  I thought companies put things out like "enter the code you see on the screen"  to ensure that you are a Human.  You mean Nike does not do this?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived