Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Worst DQ ever?

Mr_Theoo

Is this the worse DQ ever?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

What a joke.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

In professional golf? I've seen worse. 

Unfortunately, this is another case of players (and their caddies) not knowing the rules of the tournament which are clearly defined and handed to them in print before the competition starts. It also forms part of their tour membership conditions - obviously not everybody reads the small print.

Worst DQ ever?

Former US Open champ Lee Janzen who (bizarrely) had to qualify for his own national championship and was DQ'd for wearing metal spikes - on a course where they were prohibited. 

http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/lee-janzen-disqualified-wearing-metal-spikes-in-us-open-qualifying-event

In professional golf? I've seen worse. 

Unfortunately, this is another case of players (and their caddies) not knowing the rules of the tournament which are clearly defined and handed to them in print before the competition starts. It also forms part of their tour membership conditions - obviously not everybody reads the small print.

Worst DQ ever?

Former US Open champ Lee Janzen who (bizarrely) had to qualify for his own national championship and was DQ'd for wearing metal spikes - on a course where they were prohibited. 

http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/lee-janzen-disqualified-wearing-metal-spikes-in-us-open-qualifying-event

I'm with Jaskanski on this one all the way. There really is no excuse for a pro to get DQd because he or his caddy didn't know the rules. A brain fart is always possible but not actually knowing the rules? You deserve to be docked a week's pay for that.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On this one I'd it sounds like Molinari knew the rules, but wasn't aware his caddie hitched a ride.  

So ya, this one is worse than Janzen's for me.  At least there it was his own fault that we wore the spikes.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Being DQ'd for something someone else did that you didn't witness and you had no knowledge of is absurd. No amount reciting rules makes that fair or reasonable or even compatible with the spirit of the game. That is a disgrace to the game itself. Dock the caddie's pay, give him a warning, suspend him from the next tournament even, but to penalize the player who had no idea and gained no advantage from it is shameful.

Archived