Adams a12

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

• 7 months later...

Callaway XHOT.  I'm sure X2HOT is good also, but my XHOT 3H and 4H have been so good for me I can't imagine there's much improvement possible.  Stock Project X shaft is great too.

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9 w/Fujikura Motore X F1

3-Wood: :taylormade-small: Sim Ti 16 deg w/Diamana FW 75 Limited

3H: :cobra-small: F9 w/Atmos Black

4H: :cobra-small: F9 w/Atmos Black

5-PW: :cobra-small: Forged Tec w/Nippon Modus 105

51:  :cobra-small: King Mim Tour 

56: :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw

Putter:  :odyssey-small: Triple Track Two Ball

• 2 weeks later...

Big fan of Titleist 915H

Titleist 915 D2 Aldila Rogue 70-2.8-X

Titleist 915 F2 Aldila Rogue  70-2.8-X

Titleist 915H Aldila Rogue 85H-2.8-S

TaylorMade RSi2 4-AW

Vokey SM5 56-10 F-Grind

Vokey SM5 60-08 M-Grind

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No 3 A030149

Adams super dhy is probably my favorite. It sets up more like an iron then most of your typical hybrids so that's a plus for me. It's not a bomber but it's consistent and you can get some good distances with it if you put in the swing speed

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

The wording of the OP suggests several things, but "Hybrid Iron" suggest an iron-like hybrid. So I am thinking the Mizuno MP FLI HI's are oldies but goodies and the 712U Titleist appears to be quite popular. Also the TMag UDI is pretty good.

I am not a fan of the of the Ping and Callaway versions. And the Adams dhy were somewhere in the middle, IMHO.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

The wording of the OP suggests several things, but "Hybrid Iron" suggest an iron-like hybrid. So I am thinking the Mizuno MP FLI HI's are oldies but goodies and the 712U Titleist appears to be quite popular. Also the TMag UDI is pretty good.

I am not a fan of the of the Ping and Callaway versions. And the Adams dhy were somewhere in the middle, IMHO.

I forgot about that mizuno, that's a great club too

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

I have been hitting the Exotics CG6. I love the distances and ease of use. I believe it was this sight and a fellow reader were I heard about this club.

What's in the Bag

Bag- Sun Mountian 

Driver - Callaway Rouge 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow
Fairway wood - Ping G15 3 wood

Hybrid - Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 19* 
Irons - Callaway XR 5-PW
Wedges - Cleveland 588-RTX 52* 56* 60*
Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 - SuperStroke Wrist lock Grip

Unless you swing like I do, and with your handicap that's unlikely, the best advice I can give you is to go to a demo day and find out what works best for you.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

They're definitely overpriced, but other than that, the Epon AF-901 is without doubt the best hybrid / utility type club that I've ever hit.  It has no bulge and roll and weighting that makes strong lofts play substantially easier than one would expect. 

The 19º model launches pretty well and the 22º feels like it would be hittable for almost anybody.  The 25º is harder to find because at that loft, it's required to meet the  2010 groove rules and I don't believe that it does. Bend the three of them to 18, 21, and 24º, however--that would be like the old Mizuno Fli-Hi models--, and you can tell the USGA to pound sand.

• 3 weeks later...

Titleist T-MB 2 or 3 iron is a great choice. I'd been playing the 3 and 4 in the 712 U but the new 3 iron in T-MB seems to be just as easy to flight from almost anywhere on the course: rough, crud, gradu, gunk etc... Really just an incredible feat of golf craftsmanship that thing. From the fairway at 220 its basically cheating. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Depends what your after. Forgiveness or length etc. I have a nike covert which goes a long way but my Adams tight lies goes higher and straighter but is a fair be less in the distance department.

Both are easy to hit. If I'm struggling I'll play the Adams, but if I've been playing well and feel confident I'll go with my Nike.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been hitting the Exotics CG6. I love the distances and ease of use. I believe it was this sight and a fellow reader were I heard about this club.

That might have been me. That is my current gamer and it is the real deal. Adams also and you can get them dirt cheap on ebay.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I got to try srixon's new utility iron the other day. That's a club I'd recommend to anyone, just a great job by the boys over there and that's coming from someone who doesn't normally like their gear.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Still loving my Maltby hybrid irons...can't see them coming out of the bag any time soon.

20141221_145310_zpsv4autz5q.jpg

20141221_145436_zpsbkgzyq8x.jpg

20141221_145601_zpsdglpk12y.jpg

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Had the Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid in the bag for 2 years now and do not see it leaving any time soon.  I adjust the loft (from 17* to 19*)) based upon the course conditions and time of year.  Currently it's at 19* as a 3 Hybrid.  Gets me 180-190 when i stike it correctly.  And, did I mention?  It's UK Wildcat Blue!...Go Big Blue!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I just got some Adams Tight Lies Hybrids this year....very easy to hit, launch the ball...very happy with them

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I forgot about that mizuno, that's a great club too

I have 2 Srixon U45's myself a 4 or 23deg and a 2 or 18 deg. Love these things as hybrids fly to high for me and I can control the flight better but easier to hit then the equivalent lofts in my Z745's

Sent from my MT2L03 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I purchase the Cobra Fly-Z 2/3 hybrid, I have it set to 16.5D setting and I'm hitting it pretty well, I'm 190 in air when I hit it right

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I vote for malbty HDI.... I only costed me about $70 to build the club, I use NS Pro steel shaft (most iron hybrids are about $200, UDI, Dhy).  And It's very forgiving (I have the 19 degree).

The best thing about this club is the feel.  Center impact feels soft and it's not forged!

it's been in my bag for 1 year....   

Those Malby's looked pretty sweet, saw them in Matt's bag.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Those Malby's looked pretty sweet, saw them in Matt's bag.

If I knew you were peeking, I would've thrown you one to have a hit.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Lets face it your 120 gram x flex and my 90 mph driver swing are not compatible. I'm still shocked that I could hit good shots with Barbajo's steel fiber 110 S flex shafts. Shocked but I'd last about 5 holes if I had to hit them on every shot. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Lets face it your 120 gram x flex and my 90 mph driver swing are not compatible. I'm still shocked that I could hit good shots with Barbajo's steel fiber 110 S flex shafts. Shocked but I'd last about 5 holes if I had to hit them on every shot. :)

120g x flex? 90g R flex FST's, same as my irons. I also swing around 90, except for Saturday when we played, I was swinging for the fences on just about every shot and have the bruises to show it.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Matt if you swing 90 I swing 80. I know that Barbajo is in the upper 90's with the driver and he was the requisite 15 yards longer than me generally speaking. Most of my drives were 230-240 which with the run out we were getting (that was nice) and that equates to my normal low 90's. You are closer to 100.

It could be that you have the wrong flex in your irons. Had I known they were R's I would have asked to try one.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

As I said, I was swinging for the fences. I pulled the muscles in my right forearm and now have a nice bruise that's about 6" long. Couldn't work out where it came from because I didn't hit it on anything...then it dawned on me.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of those inbetweeners, a bit more than R flex and not quite S flex. Dunno, maybe when I go down to Golfworks I'll see what they have to say. At least it would be nice knowing about what speed it is. :D

In the bag:

Bag: 

I'm guessing right around 100

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived