Suggest me the best Hybrid Iron Club

stephensafar

I forgot about that mizuno, that's a great club too

I have 2 Srixon U45's myself a 4 or 23deg and a 2 or 18 deg. Love these things as hybrids fly to high for me and I can control the flight better but easier to hit then the equivalent lofts in my Z745's

Sent from my MT2L03 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I purchase the Cobra Fly-Z 2/3 hybrid, I have it set to 16.5D setting and I'm hitting it pretty well, I'm 190 in air when I hit it right

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I vote for malbty HDI.... I only costed me about $70 to build the club, I use NS Pro steel shaft (most iron hybrids are about $200, UDI, Dhy).  And It's very forgiving (I have the 19 degree).

The best thing about this club is the feel.  Center impact feels soft and it's not forged!

it's been in my bag for 1 year....   

• Like 1

Those Malby's looked pretty sweet, saw them in Matt's bag.

• Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Those Malby's looked pretty sweet, saw them in Matt's bag.

If I knew you were peeking, I would've thrown you one to have a hit.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Lets face it your 120 gram x flex and my 90 mph driver swing are not compatible. I'm still shocked that I could hit good shots with Barbajo's steel fiber 110 S flex shafts. Shocked but I'd last about 5 holes if I had to hit them on every shot. :)

EVNRoll ER 5

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Lets face it your 120 gram x flex and my 90 mph driver swing are not compatible. I'm still shocked that I could hit good shots with Barbajo's steel fiber 110 S flex shafts. Shocked but I'd last about 5 holes if I had to hit them on every shot. :)

120g x flex? 90g R flex FST's, same as my irons. I also swing around 90, except for Saturday when we played, I was swinging for the fences on just about every shot and have the bruises to show it.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Matt if you swing 90 I swing 80. I know that Barbajo is in the upper 90's with the driver and he was the requisite 15 yards longer than me generally speaking. Most of my drives were 230-240 which with the run out we were getting (that was nice) and that equates to my normal low 90's. You are closer to 100.

It could be that you have the wrong flex in your irons. Had I known they were R's I would have asked to try one.

EVNRoll ER 5

As I said, I was swinging for the fences. I pulled the muscles in my right forearm and now have a nice bruise that's about 6" long. Couldn't work out where it came from because I didn't hit it on anything...then it dawned on me.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of those inbetweeners, a bit more than R flex and not quite S flex. Dunno, maybe when I go down to Golfworks I'll see what they have to say. At least it would be nice knowing about what speed it is. :D

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

I'm guessing right around 100

EVNRoll ER 5

We'll see how close we are.

In the bag:
Bag: 

OK, I have to jump in here.  I didn't think I would because hybrid long irons are not my specialty.  HOWEVER, after hitting the Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged Iron yesterday, I could see that this club might be a really good fit for some of you big hitters.  I'm talking about the JGR 5i.  It is sold separately from the set of 6-PW2 (read the Bridgestone posts for more on these).  OK, it's a 5i, but it is 22* loft and it can be custom ordered with a variety of shafts.  If you are looking for a long iron that will get up in the air and fly straight, check it out.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm a huge fan of Bridgestone hybrids. The one I have in the bag now is so unbelievably easy to hit off the tee and off the ground. It's great out of the rough as well. I'm a big fan of the Project X shaft that comes with it.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade R1, Aldila Trinity (Stiff)
3-wood: Taylormade Aeroburner, Matrix Speed RUL-Z (Stiff)

3-hybrid: Bridgestone J40, Project X (6.0)
4-PW: Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons, KBS Tour (Stiff)
Gap Wedge: 52 degree Cobra Tour Trusty

Sand Wedge: 56 degree Callaway Forged

Lob Wedge:  60 degree Miura Forged
Putter: Nike Method Core Blade, AKA SILKY SMOOTH!

OK, I have to jump in here.  I didn't think I would because hybrid long irons are not my specialty.  HOWEVER, after hitting the Bridgestone JGR Hybrid Forged Iron yesterday, I could see that this club might be a really good fit for some of you big hitters.  I'm talking about the JGR 5i.  It is sold separately from the set of 6-PW2 (read the Bridgestone posts for more on these).  OK, it's a 5i, but it is 22* loft and it can be custom ordered with a variety of shafts.  If you are looking for a long iron that will get up in the air and fly straight, check it out.

I would agree.  Looks very similar to the Callaway X utility proto that I have been toying with.  Paired with the right shaft it could be a great hybrid replacement.

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* MMT 60x

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* MMT 70x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 6.5

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

Big fan of Titleist 915H

Same. Favorite one I've ever hit.

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

The new Ping Crossover looks VERY interesting. I haven't gotten a chance to hit it myself. But, I have a buddy who is a former Ping staffer and played on Web.com Tour for several years and he had a head they (Ping) built for him back in 2010 that looked very similar and he absolutely rips it. Could be worth checking out! It definitely has more of the "iron" look with the performance of a hybrid.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460538829.442150.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460538850.856882.jpg

The new Ping Crossover looks VERY interesting. I haven't gotten a chance to hit it myself. But, I have a buddy who is a former Ping staffer and played on Web.com Tour for several years and he had a head they (Ping) built for him back in 2010 that looked very similar and he absolutely rips it. Could be worth checking out! It definitely has more of the "iron" look with the performance of a hybrid.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460538829.442150.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460538850.856882.jpg

MGS is in the midst of conducting a forum member review of the Ping Crossover.  Four members were selected and reviews will be forthcoming.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/15477-testers-announced-ping-crossovers/

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...