TESTERS WANTED! ×

New (well, used) 3 Wood- Tilteist 906F4

jamo

I was finally fed up with my Nike Dymo 3W, so I went and traded in it and some old clubs for this Titleist 906F4. It has a stiff flex Aldilda VS Proto ByYou shaft, which was also a plus. It was $70 before the trade ins, and $14 after, so i got a pretty good deal. The thing is in great shape, but needs a new grip, the Golf Pride Tour Wrap is just too slick. I'll put up some picks later, but anyone else play this clubs? Any comments?

Titleist clubs are always great quality and it sounds like the deal you got was pretty darned good, too. I haven't tried to play Titleist FW for a few years, had issues with the old 975 FW's, snapper-oooos. BTW, have you tried the new Golf Pride Tour Wraps with the new rubber formula? I just put a pair on my wedges and so far, they feel great.

Put some miles on that bad rascal and let us know how she performs. FW is one part of my bag that hasn't been "set" since I got bored with a KZG Maraging 3-wood and started the vicious cycle of FW-hopping................that was at least 8 years ago and there isn't a club that is safe, in that spot, yet.

Thx,

LaMont in AZ

The FW spot in my bag has never been "set" either. I've never found one I really like, so I hope this is the one. I have not tried the new GP Tour Wraps, but I was never a fan of the old ones so I don't really see trying the new ones. I'm a pretty big fan of the Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compounds, but I'm sure the next time my father needs some new grips, he will get the new Tour Wraps.

As for the deal that I got on it, I was so happy. The club has virtually no scratches, almost like no one has ever used it, so to just pay $10 out of pocket is great, and the clubs I traded I wasn't using anyway.

If you guys had put Adams fairway woods in your bags then they would have been set a long time ago. :lol:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I am convinced that until I hit 70, I will never carry another fw wood. Its all about the hybrids for me. 15*, 19*, and 22* fill the bag between driver and 5 iron pretty well for a chop like me. As far as the OP, the Titleist fw's don't change that much from year to year. $10 is a really good price, and you should feel good, as long as you hit it well, as I am sure you do.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I have gamed the 906f4 for almost a year now. Works great. I liked the 3w so much, I picked up a 5 wood.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Was hybrid for me, but now, I am just in love with Fairway Woods, no clue why, just seem easier to hit and control for me.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

If you guys had put Adams fairway woods in your bags then they would have been set a long time ago. :angry:

Not true. I have a Speedline in my storage that I just couldn't get a hold of, I also didn't think the face was shallow enough. I happen to hit my 906f4 much more consistant than my adams and I enjoy the feel of my Titleist better. I am glad you have had luck with yours

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Not true. I have a Speedline in my storage that I just couldn't get a hold of, I also didn't think the face was shallow enough. I happen to hit my 906f4 much more consistant than my adams and I enjoy the feel of my Titleist better. I am glad you have had luck with yours

I was saying that a little tongue in cheek as I'm amused when people say such things BUT... I will say that I've personally had really good experiences with Adam in the fairway wood and hybrid category. I'm eyeballing their new Superhybrid although I'll wait for the prices to come down on them before I invest.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I should be able to get some pics up tomorrow, and I'm planning on re-gripping it this weekend. I hit my first shot out on a course with it today: A little toed but straight and high. Nice.

Alright, pics, here we go.

102_1090.JPG

102_1092.JPG

102_1093.JPG

102_1094.JPG

102_1095.JPG

I'm not real good with a camera, so the picture of the face is kind of pointless. The one that shows the toe shows the only blemishes, a couple of nicks in the paint on the side of the crown, but that's no big deal.

I was saying that a little tongue in cheek as I'm amused when people say such things BUT... I will say that I've personally had really good experiences with Adam in the fairway wood and hybrid category. I'm eyeballing their new Superhybrid although I'll wait for the prices to come down on them before I invest.

I didn't think you were too serious with your previous statement but I was mostly trying to say that I haven't had much luck with adams woods. Althought I love the problack so i can't wait to see the superblack when it comes out.

JAMO the 906 looks great. I love that proto shaft and the color of it.

• 4 weeks later...

909F3 is a great option as well. I agree that Titleist makes some really great clubs. The sound and feel on their metal woods is just about perfect.

Even with that my 909F3 is currently the back up 3 wood as I gave the TEE CB3 a try. CB3 is my current gamer as it is longer, forgiving and still workable. Doesn't have the same sound and feel but the results are just outstanding. Titanium does make a big difference over steel and I think that eventually most players metal woods will go to titanium just like drivers did.

I was finally fed up with my Nike Dymo 3W, so I went and traded in it and some old clubs for this Titleist 906F4. It has a stiff flex Aldilda VS Proto ByYou shaft, which was also a plus. It was $70 before the trade ins, and $14 after, so i got a pretty good deal. The thing is in great shape, but needs a new grip, the Golf Pride Tour Wrap is just too slick. I'll put up some picks later, but anyone else play this clubs? Any comments?

I have one of those but with the YS6 shaft; I think it's the best 3-wood I have ever hit. It just wants to hit missiles; don't let the shallow face fool you, it is great off the tee (tip - just tee it a little lower).

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

Archived