TESTERS WANTED! ×

Time for a women's masters?

Mr_Theoo

I personally would love to see this. I think it would be good for the lpga and golf in general.

What do you think? Time for the women to get a shot at Augusta?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'd love to see this!  Hold it the week after the men's tourney and keep the conditions as close to the same as possible. 

The LPGA would have to drop one of the their other major's though, 5 is already too many.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Won't happen but I wish it would....I heard Paula's comments on this today and think she is spot on.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I don't think Augusta has tee boxes to support an LPGA event, do they? There's the tournament tees and the member tees. I think the member tees are 6800. That may be too long. So maybe they do have the tees.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I honestly couldnt care less either way.  The LPGA has plenty of majors already and I personally dont buy into the hype that Augusta is the greatest golf course in the world.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I honestly couldnt care less either way.  The LPGA has plenty of majors already and I personally dont buy into the hype that Augusta is the greatest golf course in the world.

Sacrilege!! just kidding. Dont think its about the Greatest Place to Play as much as it is the historical angle of the Masters. When it comes to golf history, Augusta is second only to St. Andrews in my humble opinion. 

As for the LPGA, I agree that they have too many majors already. If Augusta gave them a shot, they would need to get rid of one, if not two. If they want to follow the mens tour, then pattern the majors that way too. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

I don't see an issue with it. Not sure that they need 6 majors, however.

My thoughts too. Nothing wrong with the idea on paper, but you can't force a "major" into the schedule of any golf tour. The majors as they stand evolved into their current status in a more organic way - nobody suddenly woke up one day and a major was created. It needs time to get a level of acceptance - not just from the players, but also from the fans, the sponsors and not least the course (or courses) where you intend to play it.  It needs time to achieve some sort of "heritage" - however contrived and manufactured it seems to be.

That was certainly true for a many events on the LPGA Tour, not least the British Open which failed to achieve major stars from the outset. The Dinah Shore (aka ANA Ispiration) had similar issues - including it's title. The ANA is (sort of) the version of the Masters for the LPGA already IMO.

The biggest hurdle is certainly the title of "Masters" associated with ANGC - it's certainly protected to a level far beyond the annual tournament - nobody can just "bully their way in or invite themselves". If it really were that easy, then expect more tourneys there in general - not really feasible because each current Masters is planned a year in advance for a very small window of opportunity for the course conditions. Since it's also an invitation only event, it makes somewhat of a mystery where to start from.

Like I said, maybe a good idea on paper - but trying to organise the deal at ANGC is probably harder to achieve than hosting a tourney on the moon for the gals.

Nice try, but maybe Paula needs a reality check - I'd be more than willing to elaborate further with her over dinner.

I'm somewhat torn on this subject. The idea of the LPGA playing a "masters" at Augusta sounds really good, but on the other side of it, do they really need this? Women's golf has come a very long way in the last 5 years or so, I think they need to keep going their own direction and not try to be the PGA.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

And I'd like a date with Megan Fox.   Put 'em both on a list of things that are never going to happen.

Sure Paula and lots of others would like to see it come about, but the reasons it hasn't happened yet have nothing to "neat" or "fair" or "sure would help the LPGA". There's no money or prestige in it for the club,  but many more hassles.   Just ask Pinehurst.   That wasn't a "by-design" duplex venue, that was the USGA not finding any other suitable place to take the ladies with time running out.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

They asked Billy Payne that very question during the Masters, and he flat out said "no". 

I think it would be cool though!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

She is just jealous because Lydia Ko can play there the Sunday before the Masters and she is too old. Hehehe

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

It's a nice thought but the reality is that the course is open a limited amount of time and now they want to take another week away from member play?  Same reason numerous private clubs aren't interested in hosting tour events.

Driver: Krank Element

3-wood: Adams Speedline Fast 12

4 Iron: Maltby KE4 Tour+ 2" long, 1.5 up and 3 strong

4-5 Iron: Maltby KE4 Tour+ 1.5 long, 2 up

6-PW: Maltby TS-1 1.5 long, 2 up

50 & 56: Maltby TSW 1.5 long, 2 up

60: Mizuno T7

Putter: Ping STR

It's a nice thought but the reality is that the course is open a limited amount of time and now they want to take another week away from member play?  Same reason numerous private clubs aren't interested in hosting tour events.

Exactly why the private CC in my area stopped hosting the Hogan/Nike/Buy.com/Nationwide/web.com tour.  I miss not being able to go watch the touring pros come to town, but the members voted, and wanted their course back for that week.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Life isn't fair, you can't just demand to play at Augusta and get it. They don't have tees to support them for one. And they're not giving up a second 2 weeks for their members in what is already a short season there. What justifies them "deserving" to play there anyway, as many of them have suggested. Augusta makes more money off of pimento cheese sandwich sales during the masters than one of their events makes. They're not going to give up a week or two of their members course availability for the limited money an LPGA tournament would make, sorry .

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I would probably watch it if they did but they never will unless he'll freezes over. As others have said bc short season, not making enough casheesh and the master's members not huge fans of extreme change.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Archived