Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cobra Fly Z+ Irons

casey_0507

So not sure if this is the right place or not, so if it isn't let me know and I'll try and get it moved to the right spot.

I've got about 3 rounds with these irons in now so just wanted to write up a simple review in case anyone is interested.

As an overview, I would call these a better feeling, more forgiving, slightly longer version of the 714 AP2. The headshape/size is almost identical to the 714 AP2 and is identical to the predecessor Amp Forged.

Compared to the Amp Forged, these have a much better feeling but performance is almost identical. I do feel that the Amp Forged were slightly more forgiving but that might just be in my head as the season just started for me. The short irons (9,PW) in the FZ+ are much better than the Amp Forged. What I mean by this is the feel and performance of the 9/PW in the Amp Forged never really sold me to the point I changed out the PW for an SM5 46*. The PW in the FZ+ really stands out as an improvement in my eyes. Chips and pitches perform and feel better as do full shots.

Overall, if you are in the market for a players CB and you don't give the FZ+ any consideration, you have done yourself (and likely your score) a grave disservice.

Here are some pics comparing the FZ+ to i20 and Amp Forged. One pics of the amp and FZ+ make the FZ+ look longer heel to toe but they are same length.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Pics.....Please

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks for the pics Casey......Do both sets have the same shaft?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I've played Amp Forged with KBS Tour Stiff and FZ+ with KBS Tour Stiff, S+, and currently play them with Tour V stiff.

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Nice,  I had the amp's, amp cell couldn't hit,  now the BIO cell's and these sticks are awesome.  throwing darts at the flag.   ill wait on the fly z  for now,  might buy a 2nd set of bio's  LOL

IN MY Callaway Staff BAG

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 9.5 adjustable X stiff

Irons: 4-Sw Callaway XR stiff

Wedges: Sw-Lw Tour Rusty Cobra

Putter: Taylor Made Daddy long legs 38"

balls: Taylor Made Aeroburner soft

Am considering replacing the Dynalite 85S shafts in my Bio Cell's with Project X 5.0 Blue graphites. I really liked the Bio Cells and believe the graph shaft will make them better for me.

Foz,

If you have any interest in some xcaliber reg flex graphite iron shafts let me know. 4-ps set and i believe they played standard length in a set of ping irons. I believe they are the .355 tip but I'll need to get some calipers on them to verify.

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 2 weeks later...

I have to echo what Casey has said about these irons.  Simply amazing.  I played the AMP Forged, then AMP Cell Pros before switching to the BioCell+ irons last season.  I missed the feel of the AMP Forged and was planning on going back to them, but ol' Casey talked me in to testing these FlyZ+ irons out...wow.  First off, they look incredible.  Forgiveness was a major concern since I don't play as much as anymore, but these are very close to my BC+ in that regards.  They are about a 1/2 to a club longer than my AMP Forged were as well. 

I shafted them with Tour Issued X100s, and for me they are the perfect combo.  I love Cobra irons and am shocked that they are extremely overlooked.  I wanted to go the AP2 route since every other club in my bag is Titleist, but I feel these are just a better set of irons. 

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

Which is which in the picts?

Joe

Bottom of the first pic, top of the second, bottom of the 4th, top of 5th, bottom on the 6th, right on the 7th, and left on the 8th....COME ON CASEY! HOW ABOUT SOME CONSISTENCY!

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

Bottom of the first pic, top of the second, bottom of the 4th, top of 5th, bottom on the 6th, right on the 7th, and left on the 8th....COME ON CASEY! HOW ABOUT SOME CONSISTENCY!

Haha, If it's shiny it is the Amp Forged, the Satin is the Fly Z+.  I'll update the pics.

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

Archived