Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Chris O's WIMB Updated

I've been wanting to post for a while now but i wanted to wait until I had my irons. Well here it is....

Driver: Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 8.5, Fujikura Rombax Z 7Z08 75X
3 Wood: Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 14.0, Aldila RIP Phenom 65S
IMG_1336.JPG

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour 100 3-PW KBS Tour V Stiff
IMG_1338.JPG

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50, 54, 58
IMG_1337.JPG

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Golo 5 (Super Stroke 3.0)
IMG_1340.JPG

Bag: Wilson Staff Nexus Carry Bag
IMG_1335.JPG

So far I have loved every club that has a Wilson Staff logo on it. The Driver is deep off the sweet spot but definitely not the most forgiving with spin rates on mishits. I wish the new D200 wasn't so game improvement, but i might have to try it just to add forgiveness to by game. I haven't found a 3 wood that I like more than the M3. Usually the first thing I do after getting a new club is swap shafts, cut down, bend ect., but since i usually shank shots all over the course with 3 woods and this one I cut down on my shank numbers, I have left everything stock. I'm flirting with the idea of tipping it but nervous about throwing off the good ju-ju. The Tour 100's are probably above my skill level but I didn't know how long they would be around so I had to jump at the chance to get them. The wedges are good. Definitely a more firm feel than Vokey's and Cleveland's that I have previously used. I said I would never put a super stroke on my putter...and then one day it just happened...jury is still out. If you're looking for a great carry bag, get the nexus.

I couldn't help but share this diamond in the rough I picked up the other day...the best part is I only paid $25 for it!
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1342.jpg

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Where is the 8802?

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

I L-O-V-E those irons!!!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Nice, nice bag.  Love those irons!!!   Been gaming the D200 driver this season - it's worth a try. Depending on your swing the stock start might be a little light, but it's definitely a solid club.  Just picked up a 13.5* M3 3 wood off eBay.  Tried it out yesterday for the first time - loved it on the range, but put a fairway in front of me and all of a sudden I got a little shaky.  Experimentation continues...

Keep us posted!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The 8802 is on its way I think. Limited supplies are slowing down making its way into my bag. But I finally got a groove with my putter and might not switch immediately. I have my old 3 wood shaft that I was going to throw into the new head but this has clicked. Weird I know.

• 1 month later...

Nice, nice bag.  Love those irons!!!   Been gaming the D200 driver this season - it's worth a try. Depending on your swing the stock start might be a little light, but it's definitely a solid club.  Just picked up a 13.5* M3 3 wood off eBay.  Tried it out yesterday for the first time - loved it on the range, but put a fairway in front of me and all of a sudden I got a little shaky.  Experimentation continues...

Keep us posted!

Looking at your signature I see you share my same thoughts on golf clubs...have you hit the Tour 100's? They are by far the best and pure feeling irons I've ever hit. I was nervous at first for mishits...I thought they would just hurt and sting my hands but they don't! Or at least not like I thought they would. I love love love them and hope more people will give Wilson Staff a chance. They make good stuff (the best irons by a long shot in my opinion). I just got my D200 driver in but I also just had a new ACL put in so I'm out of the game for a bit. But I was curious on your thoughts with the Vapor Pro?? I've only hit it on the simulator but it feels soooooo good!

Looking at your signature I see you share my same thoughts on golf clubs...have you hit the Tour 100's? They are by far the best and pure feeling irons I've ever hit. I was nervous at first for mishits...I thought they would just hurt and sting my hands but they don't! Or at least not like I thought they would. I love love love them and hope more people will give Wilson Staff a chance. They make good stuff (the best irons by a long shot in my opinion). I just got my D200 driver in but I also just had a new ACL put in so I'm out of the game for a bit. But I was curious on your thoughts with the Vapor Pro?? I've only hit it on the simulator but it feels soooooo good!

Have hit the Tour 100's and absolutely loved them, but opted for the more forgiving V4's - and haven't regretted it.  V4's have a great feel and just enough forgiveness.  Been stroking the D200 and I like it a ton, but am still feeling warm and fuzzy about the Vapor Pro -- Nike really hit a home run with this one, IMO, even though it didn't fare well in our distance testing.  Love the feel of it and with the right shaft it's a distance machine.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Have hit the Tour 100's and absolutely loved them, but opted for the more forgiving V4's - and haven't regretted it. V4's have a great feel and just enough forgiveness. Been stroking the D200 and I like it a ton, but am still feeling warm and fuzzy about the Vapor Pro -- Nike really hit a home run with this one, IMO, even though it didn't fare well in our distance testing. Love the feel of it and with the right shaft it's a distance machine.

I was surprised to see the Vapor numbers low in that test as well. When I get in the simulator they seem to be good for me. Especially the spin rate. I'm 99% sure I'm going to pull the trigger on the Vapor Pro. Still not sure what shaft I want to get in it. But with Wilson possibly realeasing their new driver this fall or spring I'm torn.

But with Wilson possibly realeasing their new driver this fall or spring I'm torn.

I'm very eager to see what the one's all about, too.  Streelman's been playing it - can't wait to see it!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I played a tourney today and hit some irons after the tourney. I just cannot find an iron that feels as good as my FG Tour V2's. I agree that Wilson Staff probably if not definitely have the most underrated irons on the market right now and I've swung just about every iron with a big name on it. Awesome set up!!!

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Awesome bag. I'm a big fan of Wilson Staff now thanks to MGS even though I don't play any of their clubs.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Chris,

Welcome to MGS, if I didn't say so earlier. Nice bag! Love the Wilson Staff clubs, but none have made it into my bag yet.

I really liked playing in St. George and Mesquite area. Nice courses. Would like to go back sometime, except I won't be playing at Green Spring. The pro and course marshall are asses.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lurve those irons mate and it even had me looking online for a cheap second hand set.  Don't think I really have the game for them though but am a believer in the work your way into a set like that and it can improve your ball striking.  Nice bag over all. ;)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Chris,

Welcome to MGS, if I didn't say so earlier. Nice bag! Love the Wilson Staff clubs, but none have made it into my bag yet.

I really liked playing in St. George and Mesquite area. Nice courses. Would like to go back sometime, except I won't be playing at Green Spring. The pro and course marshall are asses.

Yeah for how small of an area it is we have some great golf courses here in the area. I wish we had a little more diversity in courses though. Desert golf is fun but I want some trees!

• 6 months later...

So I have some updated pictures to post...however I am having issues getting them to upload. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some secret to it that I don't know about?

So I have some updated pictures to post...however I am having issues getting them to upload. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some secret to it that I don't know about?

Golfspy MBP did a tutorial on uploading here

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/9023-how-to-add-a-picture-to-a-post/

If your still having issues let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

"The 8802 is on its way I think. Limited supplies are slowing down making its way into my bag. "

Christopher, my man!

There are presently more than one hundred Wilson 8802 putters on E-bay.

At the time I was on staff with them and that is just what the rep told me. Then I found a putter that probably won't be leaving my bag anytime soon and told him not to worry about it. 

Nice setup......One of my Golf Buddies games the M3 Driver, 3Wood & 3Hybrid......so i get towatch him shape his shots beautifully.

The M3 series did not get much Love from the press, but I have seen how it performs.......and they have one left in my pro shop at $120!

As for the irons, I really do not think there is a set of irons on the market that are badged as awesome as these.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So I'm pumped that the pictures finally uploaded so here is my updated bag...

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2665 (1).jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

I'm not quite done with the paint-fill on my putter and I swear I have OCD and I redo the green and grey like once a week...and I'm not sure what to do with the chrome circles. 

• 2 months later...

So I think I finally have my bag figured out for this season, for now....Here are the updated pics.

Bag2.jpg

The Kylo Ren headcover was a must purchase when it came out...

Bag4.jpg

Putter2.jpg

Putter.jpg

Putter3.jpg

This putter isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Wedge.jpg

Wedge2.jpg

Can't emphasize how much I enjoy this wedge. I don't know if it's just a "new club, honeymoon stage" or it really is that good of a wedge, but I feel like I can get up and down from anywhere with this club right now. 

Iron2.jpg

Iron.jpg

Bag5.jpg

Bag6.jpg

I'm going to be doing a full write up/review of these irons, but in short, they are awesome. A bit bigger than what I have played in the past but I just don't play as much as I have in the past and need the forgiveness.

3wood.jpg

3woodsh.jpg

I tried a few different shafts this winter and ended up going back to this one. I hit it yesterday and it just felt like coming home.

Bag.jpg

Bag3.jpg

Driver.jpg

Driversh.jpg

I haven't found anything that has out performed this head, and then I found this shaft on a good deal and it has only improved the situation.

Now that the tools are in place, the only thing that needs to arrive is my game, and I might be waiting a while for that. 

Archived