TESTERS ANNOUNCED! - BEN HOGAN GOLF FT. WORTH 15 IRONS/TK 15 WEDGES

Our Sponsors

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll reiterate what I said when I was notified... Holy s***! That was literally my first thought. I actually got an email alert while standing in line paying for the Callaway PM Grind wedges I posted

I have a novel idea. Let's focus on congratulating the testers.   This is going to be a pretty cool experience for them and I'm really looking forward to hearing what these guys have to say.  

Bribery, while generally frowned upon in polite society, is perfectly acceptable here    Seriously, there are a TON of outstanding applications.  Hope you guys are enjoying the process. Love readin

Posted Images

Congratulations to the lucky ones selected for this! I can't wait to read the reviews. Thanks again to MyGolfSpy for leading the way and getting these clubs into the hands of testers.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the congrats.

To MGS - thank you for putting this together and for all the work that was put into it.  To those not chosen the only thing I can say is that you will get my honest efforts, honest opinions and all the insight I can give.

• Like 2

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

I want a recount! JK but seriously, congrats everyone selected! I know it will be some great reviews and I look forward to reading them.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Congrats to those selected!  Very bummed that I wasn't one of them.  So, how exactly does someone win when their entire submission is one sentence, especially when they're being asked to write a review?  Oh well... fingers crossed that we get some good reviews at the end of this.

Thanks for all the congrats.

To MGS - thank you for putting this together and for all the work that was put into it. To those not chosen the only thing I can say is that you will get my honest efforts, honest opinions and all the insight I can give.

Well done Mike! When your testing, one of the things I'll be interested in, is ball flight with the kbs shafts, when turning the ball. Whether fades balloon or not, and whether draws get up in the air.

And of course, everyone will want to know if they are as soft as mizunos. The gold standard of butter knives.

Looking forward to all reviews, and congrats to the winners!

Do us proud.

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Congrats to those selected!  Very bummed that I wasn't one of them.  So, how exactly does someone win when their entire submission is one sentence, especially when they're being asked to write a review?  Oh well... fingers crossed that we get some good reviews at the end of this.

We will, these are great choices. I'm bummed too but the MGS staff always seems to make solid choices and the guys picked come through. Stick around and join the fun, your turn will come and who knows for what.

Congrats guys I know you'll do us proud.

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

awesome guys, hit em pure!

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 18.0 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ Hogan GS53 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W Hogan GS52 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 4I-AW @ Hogan Ft Worth
* 56 @ Cleveland RTX
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Snell MTB-X

Congrats to all those chosen. Really looking forward to the reviews, especially the wedges.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Congrats Fellas!!

Looking forward to reading this thread!

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Get to playing and working these clubs till you get tired. They are a club that has a name behind it! A great one. Y'all enjoy!

In the bag!

Driver: 9.5 Taylormade Burner (2007) Stiff shaft

3 Wood : Callaway Big Bertha

Maxfli Irons 4-A

S wedge: 56 degree Vokey

L wedge : 60 degree Cleveland

Putter : Ping Anser

Srixon Z star for stroke play

Srixon z star and Marathon for scrambles

I'll reiterate what I said when I was notified... Holy s***! That was literally my first thought. I actually got an email alert while standing in line paying for the Callaway PM Grind wedges I posted in the Club Ho thread. I silenced the notification and saw it when I got to the car lol. I'm stoked and thank MGS for the opportunity as well as Hogan Golf for providing the opportunity. And I look forward to putting the HoganFit system through the paces and finding out truly if my gaps are incorrect. I look forward to trying to live up to the past reviews and will do my best to make MGS proud

• Like 7

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Well done Mike! When your testing, one of the things I'll be interested in, is ball flight with the kbs shafts, when turning the ball. Whether fades balloon or not, and whether draws get up in the air.

And of course, everyone will want to know if they are as soft as mizunos. The gold standard of butter knives.

Looking forward to all reviews, and congrats to the winners!

Do us proud.

Count on it.  I am excited to test next to not only my AP2's but my anniversary Apex's.  I won't be able to compare to a Mizuno but (no insult intended to Mizzy fans) I cannot fathom them any softer than classic Hogans. 

What I am really interested to test is numbers off of mishits versus my other clubs. 

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

First off thanks to MyGolfSpy and Hogan for this opportunity that I am really looking forward to over the next few months.  Similar to Rookie I was getting ready to board a seaplane for a week long vacation/work trip at my company's resort in the Bahamas (aka vacation for the family) and felt like I hit the lottery when I saw the email.  Can't wait to get these in my hands and put them through their paces.

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I plan to review these against my Adams combo set I've played for the last year (second time around with these) and the 2014 TMag CB's I just built and haven't even hit yet

• Like 1

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Congratulations to all those selected!  I look forward to the reviews.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Congrats to those selected! Very bummed that I wasn't one of them. So, how exactly does someone win when their entire submission is one sentence, especially when they're being asked to write a review? Oh well... fingers crossed that we get some good reviews at the end of this.

I also found it interesting that they didn't bother to mention in the OP that 15+ handicaps wouldn't be chosen. They completely eliminated their chances to win, yet still led them to believe that they could win by not mentioning anything about the 15 handicap stipulation.
  • Like 1

I also found it interesting that they didn't bother to mention in the OP that 15+ handicaps wouldn't be chosen. They completely eliminated their chances to win, yet still led them to believe that they could win by not mentioning anything about the 15 handicap stipulation.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I don't want someone with a handicap higher than 15 reviewing these irons. I know these are supposed to be forgiving but they aren't shovels. Someone who is over a 15 is going to have trouble making consistent enough contact for my taste. Maybe that's just me though.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

I don't mean to offend anyone but I don't want someone with a handicap higher than 15 reviewing these irons. I know these are supposed to be forgiving but they aren't shovels. Someone who is over a 15 is going to have trouble making consistent enough contact for my taste. Maybe that's just me though.

I'm with you. I understand they're supposed to be forgiving but when it comes down to it they're fairly close to blades. Sometimes you just can't give everyone a trophy for participating. Regardless, congrats to the guys that got selected. Really looking forward to the reviews.

• Like 1

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Yea, yea, sour grapes. This isn't a contest to "win",and not everyone can be selected to do the work.