TESTERS ANNOUNCED! - BEN HOGAN GOLF FT. WORTH 15 IRONS/TK 15 WEDGES

Our Sponsors

Congrats to all the testers, there's a LOT of folks eager to read your reviews!

• Like 1

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll reiterate what I said when I was notified... Holy s***! That was literally my first thought. I actually got an email alert while standing in line paying for the Callaway PM Grind wedges I posted

I have a novel idea. Let's focus on congratulating the testers.   This is going to be a pretty cool experience for them and I'm really looking forward to hearing what these guys have to say.  

Bribery, while generally frowned upon in polite society, is perfectly acceptable here    Seriously, there are a TON of outstanding applications.  Hope you guys are enjoying the process. Love readin

Posted Images

Double post...

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Yea, yea, sour grapes. This isn't a contest to "win",and not everyone can be selected to do the work.

You mad? I was just pointing out something that I thought was interesting. Nothing more, nothing less.

And FWIW, I didn't expect to be picked. I've been here maybe a month..

I have a novel idea. Let's focus on congratulating the testers.

This is going to be a pretty cool experience for them and I'm really looking forward to hearing what these guys have to say.  

• Like 7

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This is going to be a pretty cool experience for them and I'm really looking forward to hearing what these guys have to say.

Agreed! Congrats guys!

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I agree. Not sure why this got sidetracked.

Congrats guys!

• Like 2

Oh man awesome opportunity and great selections by the committee! To the 0-5 duo let's see some serious nickel sized SS wear outta those bad boys before August! Interested more so in how the higher handicappers like these irons. I kind of wish a 15+ group would've been picked. Would've love to been able to silence all of the idiots who say "I picked up blades for practice and instantly got better." That would've been great!

Great opportunity for Hogan and MGS as well. Dig it out of the dirt boys!

• Like 3

Of course everyone wanted to "win"

Who wouldn't?

There were some very specific reSons the testers were chosen, and I for one, can't wait to see the results, even though it's going to take months.

I'm really hoping a "mizzy" guy is in the group, as I haven't checked. But, if these can be included in a discussion with mizzies when we talk about the ultimate "feeling" iron, I will be deeply impressed. I would like to think it's common knowledge that the mizzy blades are the best feeling clubs of all times, so I'm imploring the testers, at least one of them, to please rate them next to an MP offering...

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Of course everyone wanted to "win"

Who wouldn't?

There were some very specific reSons the testers were chosen, and I for one, can't wait to see the results, even though it's going to take months.

I'm really hoping a "mizzy" guy is in the group, as I haven't checked. But, if these can be included in a discussion with mizzies when we talk about the ultimate "feeling" iron, I will be deeply impressed. I would like to think it's common knowledge that the mizzy blades are the best feeling clubs of all times, so I'm imploring the testers, at least one of them, to please rate them next to an MP offering...

If it makes you feel at ease, I played T-Zoid Trues followed by wearing out 3 sets of MP33's in high school followed by MP37's. Also played a set of TN87's for a while as well. So I'm familiar with Mizzy blades.

• Like 4

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Oh man awesome opportunity and great selections by the committee! To the 0-5 duo let's see some serious nickel sized SS wear outta those bad boys before August! Interested more so in how the higher handicappers like these irons. I kind of wish a 15+ group would've been picked. Would've love to been able to silence all of the idiots who say "I picked up blades for practice and instantly got better." That would've been great!

Great opportunity for Hogan and MGS as well. Dig it out of the dirt boys!

Challenge accepted. I haven't worn out a set of irons in a while.

I will be testing these against my Adams MB2s and a set of AP2s that I played for a bit last year. The MB2s are going to be tough to beat since they are one of the best irons I have ever had in the bag.

• Like 3

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Well, im just a LITTLE late to the party!

The first thought through my mind when I got my email?

That I was dreaming.

I've been dreaming about this opportunity since it was posted here on the forum. I wanted so badly to contribute to this site In a meaningful way, and not only that but to have a truly unforgettable experience.

I can safely say I feel I'm in for both. Being in the high handicapper segment, I'm excited to see how these irons play. To the poster who asked about a Mizuno guy, I'm your guy. I played Mp-59's for awhile and have a deep appreciation for that company. I'm very excited to see what kind of comparisons I can provide in that area (and more)

To MGS, thank you. Deeply. You'll have as much as I can put into these bad boys and more. I truly look forward to getting started!

To everyone else, I truly hope I can give you the content you want, no, deserve with my findings.

I am so thrilled for the opportunity and can't wait to get started!

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I can't believe I was selected to review these!  So pumped and I hope I provide some good insight for everyone!  I'll be able to compare them head to head with my Adams CMBs which are going to be very difficult to beat out!  I've played a handful of other irons in the past 5 years as well (Mizzy MP 60s and 30s, TM MCs, TM R9tp, Ping i20, Rocketbladez TP).  Haven't tried the KBS Tour V shafts yet so looking forward to that as well (previously usually play x100s, but had the Pro Modus 3s and KBS TOURs as well).  Can't wait for them to arrive!

• Like 1

WITB:

Ping G30 9* (set to 10*)- Ping Tour 60 X

Ping G20 15* - Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X

Cobra Bio Cell Pro 19* (set to 20*) - Graphite Design Deep Impact 80H X

Adams CMB 4-GW - TT Dynamic Gold Tour X100

Cobra Trusty Rusty 55* and 61* - TT S200

Taylormade New Spider Mallet 35"

Sorry. Been offline in the north woods of Idaho. Congratulations you guys! Can't wait for your reviews. Have fun!!

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Congrats to those selected!  Really looking forward to all the thoughts that the group has about these irons!

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

If it makes you feel at ease, I played T-Zoid Trues followed by wearing out 3 sets of MP33's in high school followed by MP37's. Also played a set of TN87's for a while as well. So I'm familiar with Mizzy blades.

Ya! Now that's what I'm talking about!

I will be very interested to hear your thoughts RB7...

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Have I mentioned yet that I'm PUMPED up about getting to participate in this review?

• Like 1

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.