TESTERS ANNOUNCED! - BEN HOGAN GOLF FT. WORTH 15 IRONS/TK 15 WEDGES

Our Sponsors

1. HoganFit “prescription”:  See below.  I found the process to be thoughtfully designed and easy to complete.  The logic behind the fitting process (i.e. minimizing yardage gaps in your scoring range) makes good sense. The available custom options were well rounded.

Hogan fitting.jpg

2. My handicap:  4.8 index

3. What the name "Hogan" means to me:  In a word, excellence.  As a player, Hogan demanded excellence from himself in everything he did.  As he said himself, he..."dug it out of the ground." The same history of excellence applies to the equipment bearing his name.  Anyone can forge an iron that appeals to the eye, the Hogan name carries with it the history of excellence in look, feel, and performance that is second to none. I'm thrilled to see the Ben Hogan name back again.  It certainly appears to be in good hands!

This is quite an opportunity for six lucky individuals.  Thank you for the chance!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll reiterate what I said when I was notified... Holy s***! That was literally my first thought. I actually got an email alert while standing in line paying for the Callaway PM Grind wedges I posted

I have a novel idea. Let's focus on congratulating the testers.   This is going to be a pretty cool experience for them and I'm really looking forward to hearing what these guys have to say.  

Bribery, while generally frowned upon in polite society, is perfectly acceptable here    Seriously, there are a TON of outstanding applications.  Hope you guys are enjoying the process. Love readin

Posted Images

Ben Hogan was vital in my transition from a child golfer to become a life long golfer. My first set of adult clubs were hand me down Hogan Edge Irons. They were my Old Man's irons that he used when he played competitively. I am extremely excited to test the newest technology in Hogan Irons especially with the ability to custom fit the clubs. The fitting process was extremely user friendly and helpful in finding holes in my club distances. 

I have been using WIlson Staff PI7 irons since 2007. I am in need of new irons but am lost on which direction to go. The opportunity to test these irons would be so helpful in the quest for new clubs..... My Handicap is a 6 and my irons are the strong part of my game, damn putting. 

Thank you for the opportunity to be a tester!

Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 11.18.38 AM.png

image.jpg

I have a 9.7 handicap and I have enjoyed the process of practicing and improving my golf game. The challenge of the game makes me want to play as much as I can.

The Hogan name means a lot of things to me. Perseverance, excellence, patriotism and embodying the American Dream. Mr. Hogan's love of the game and hard work led him from humble beginnings and 7 years without a tour win until finally breaking through with a win and many more to follow. He served his country with honor in WW2 which interrupted his career for two years followed by his serious car accident. He returned to win many more times. I've read his 5 lessons many times to improve my game. I also know Mr. Hogan was a perfectionist who scrapped his first line of irons at great expense because they didn't meet his standards. I know that Mr. Hogan is Mr. Koehler's idol and that he wants to do the name and irons proud by manufacturing a great performing iron set. I'd love to test these irons and hopefully improve my game while having fun playing golf. Respectfully, Eddie Fuller

10.5 SLDR, Black OPS 30.06 x-stiff
Rocketballz Stage 2 15degree 3 wood stiff flex
Callaway X2hot 5 wood stiff
Ping G30 4 Hybrid 22 degrees
Ping I-20 irons 5-8 CFS stiff
Scor 41, 45, 49, 53, 57 matched to Ping Irons
Putter Taylor made Ghost Spider S
Ball Taylormade Lethal or ProVX
True Sensei shoes

I currently have a 10.6 GHIN index

Hogan is the name in Golf. When you hear ball striker you think Ben Hogan, resilience, honor, competitor. What golf is al about.

I would love To test these clubs and compare them with the best I have ever played, the clubs currently in my bag.

Shaft: 
             Ben Hogan Standard Shafts (starting at $149) KBS Tour V Stiff             KBS Tour V X-Stiff KBS Tour 90 Regular             KBS Tour 90 Stiff             UST Mamiya Recoil 660 F2 A-Flex (+$15 per club) UST Mamiya Recoil 660 F3 Regular (+$15 per club) UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4 Stiff (+$15 per club)             Optional Custom Shafts KBS Tour C-Taper Stiff (+$15 per club)             KBS Tour C-Taper Stiff Plus (+$15 per club) KBS Tour C-Taper Lite Stiff (+$15 per club) Nippon 850 GH Regular (+$10 per club) Nippon 950 GH Regular (+$10 per club) Nippon 950 GH Stiff (+$10 per club) Nippon Modus Tour 130 X-Stiff (+$20 per club) True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Stiff (+$10 per club) True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 X-Stiff (+$10 per club) True Temper XP 95 S300 Stiff (+$10 per club) True Temper XP 105 S300 Stiff (+$10 per club) UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F3 Regular (+$25 per club) UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4 Stiff (+$25 per club) UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4 Stiff (+$25 per club) UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5 X-Stiff (+$25 per club) MRC Kuro Kage LB 65 A-Flex (+$25 per club) MRC Kuro Kage LB 65 Regular (+$25 per club) MRC Kuro Kage LB 85 Regular (+$25 per club)    
Length: 
 -1 -.75 -.5 -.25 Standard +.25 +.5 +.75 +1 +1.25 +1.5    
Lie: 
 3 Up 2 Up 1 Up Standard 1 Flat 2 Flat 3 Flat    
Grip: 
 Ben Hogan Performance Plus Ben Hogan Performance Plus Midsize Golf Pride New Decade MCC Red/Black 58 Round (+$11 per club) Golf Pride New Decade MCC Red/Black 60 Round (+$11 per club) Golf Pride New Decade MCC Red/Black Midsize (+$11 per club) Golf Pride New Decade MCC Black/White 60 Round (+$11 per club) Golf Pride New Decade MCC Black/White Midsize (+$11 per club) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Black 58 Round (+$10 per club) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Black 60 Round (+$5 per club) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Black Midsize (+$5 per club) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Black 60 Ribbed (+$5 per club) Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Cord Black 60 Round (+$9 per club) Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Black 58 Round (+$5 per club) Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Black 60 Round (+$5 per club) Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Black Midsize (+$5 per club) Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Red 60 Round (+$5 per club) Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G White 60 Round (+$5 per club) Golf Pride Z-Grip Cord White/Black 60 Round (+$10 per club) Lamkin Crossline Black/White 58 Round (+$5 per club) Lamkin Crossline Full Cord Black/White 58 Round (+$5 per club) Lamkin Crossline Full Cord Black/White Midsize (+$5 per club) Lamkin R.E.L ACE 3GEN Black 58 Round (+$7 per club) Lamkin R.E.L ACE 3GEN Black Midsize (+$7 per club) Lamkin R.E.L ACE 3GEN Red 58 Round (+$7 per club)    
Grip Size: 
 Standard +1 +2             +3    
FW•15 IRONS
Include 
in Order

Loft
Lie
Length
Price

bh_club.jpg
 20 21 22 23    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 24 25 26 27    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 28 29 30 31    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 32 33 34 35    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 36 37 38 39    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 40 41 42 43    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 44 45 46 47    
$149

FW•15 Irons Subtotal:
$1043

TK•15 WEDGES
Include 
in Order

Loft
Lie
Length
Price

bh_club.jpg
 48 49 50 51    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 52 53 54 55    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 56 57 58 59    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 60 61 62 63    
$149

TK•15 Wedges Subtotal:
$447

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

1. Hogan Fit Prescription

Standard length, lie, and grip size

KBS Tour V stiff shaft, Ben Hogan Performance Plus grip

Irons. 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46

Wedges. 50, 54, 58

2. My Handicap is a 5.0 but may go up a tad with the last couple of rounds I've had.

3.The first thought that comes to my mind when I hear or think of Ben Hogan is...Legend.  He was and is an absolute legend of the game and he had the highest respect for the game which in turned showed us how the game of golf is to be played.  When we think of the greatness of Palmer or Nicklaus its no doubt they were dominant.  They had size and more physical ability.  Ben Hogan however broke down that wall and truly made the public realize that anyone can win regardless of size or stature.  He had a mental toughness that was unmatched and on a much higher level than everyone else in the game. As a result he inspired many people to get involved in the game and help it grow.  However he showed us class, perseverance, and that it takes hard work, practice and consistency to win.  He was a scrappy player and he never quit.  In life nor in golf.  Ultimately it was the game of golf that saved his life and helped him to a full recovery from his car accident that should have ended his career and almost his life.  Yet he defied many and returned to the winners circle.  He is in a class of his own and is an icon in the game.  He is golf.  I'm thrilled to see his name and product back on the shelves.  I still remember the very first time I played the Apex blades when I was 14 years old.  I bought the old set and have never let go of them nor do I intend to.  In my mind, if you own a set of Ben Hogan clubs it is a sin to get rid of them and not hold onto them because of the precision of the clubs but also because of the passion and the heart and soul that Mr Ben Hogan himself poured into the clubs when he first set out to making his clubs a contender among club manufacturers.  To this day they are still some of the best clubs I have ever hit and are still much better looking than any new clubs that are on the market today.  The new Ft. Worth 15 irons dont disappoint either.  They are beautiful as well and I can only wish to have the honor of putting them in my bag and playing them on the course.  Well done to the staff at Ben Hogan!

Screen shot 2015-05-06 at 1.47.37 AM.png

KBS tour V X-stiff handicap - 2

length - STD

lie - 2 flat

Grip - Ben hogan perf. +3

FW 15 irons

4 iron 22 deg. Lie 57 length 39

5 iron 26 deg. Lie 57.5 length 38.25

6 iron 30 deg. Lie 58 length 37.5

7 iron 34 deg. Lie 59 length 36.75

8 iron 38 deg. Lie 60 length 36.25

9 iron 42 deg. Lie 61 length 35.75

Pw 46 deg. Lie 61.5 length 35.5

Tk wedges

50 deg. Lie 62 length 35.5

54 deg. Lie 62 length 35.25

58 deg. Lie 61 length 35.25

I've been playing golf for 15 years now. My dad got me started in the game so that I wouldn't get caught up in the wrong crowd growing up. As it turned out it worked and it started my love for the game of golf. I couldn't get enough, all I wanted to do is play and practice as much as I could. I remember talking to my grandpa, as he was a good player in his day and he mentioned the name Ben hogan. I looked him up and discovered what an excellent ball striker he was. I was hooked on this guy from that point on. I even convinced my dad to get me a set of apex blades which were a bit to much club for me at the time but I didn't care. I wanted to be the ball striker he was. I played those blades for 5 years, I wore those things out. I've been waiting for hogan to come back with a new blade and from the looks of it, they may have out done themselves. I currently carry a 2 handicap and am only getting better. The hogan name means a lot to me. It's memories with my dad and grandpa and great rounds of golf. Thank you guys for giving us the opportunity to try these beauties.

Great opportunity. 5.5 handicap. Ben Hogan symbolizes what is right with golf - respect, honor and greatness. The very best attributes that one could hope to be saddled with not only as a golfer, but as man. To be revered and loved for on and off course accomplishments is something all those involved with golf should aspire. Ben Hogan, the company, symbolized quality, innovation and mass appeal. Unfortunately, these things alone do not make for great company as fickle golfers and fickle business decisions can turn a sure birdie into a bogey. But more than ever, the golf world needs a voice from the past to remind us of what we should hold as greatness, to remind us of why we love the game. The new Hogan Company can do this not only with clubs, but by the type of business they choose to be and how they choose to market the name. Remembering what made Hogan, the man, revered and what made Hogan, the company, great is a win-win for today's customers and fans of the game.

Best of luck with the new launch and this great opportunity. Would be a pleasure to participate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My Prescription: (attached)

Length: Standard

Lie: Standard (although my fitter says I should be 1 degree flat)

Shaft: KBS tour regular

Grip: +1 Ben Hogan Performance Plus

What Hogan Means to me: 

Hogan means consistency.  Consistency can bring out more confidence and better scores.  I picture Mr. Hogan at address, and he just KNOWS he can pull off the shot.  Clubs with the Hogan name will inspire this confidence

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 3.58.26 PM.png

Count me in:

10 Handicap

20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60

Mr. Hogan is my biggest inspiration. I have read his 5 Fundamentals of Golf at least 10 times and I keep learning from him. Amazing ambassodor of the game.

First of all my handicap is a 2.  I read Ben Hogan's "Five Lessons" and, like many, my game has never been the same.  Hogan will forever be someone who I look up to for many reasons.  His work ethic was unworldly and his determination to battle back in the face of adversity will forever be ingrained in the minds of golfers.  Being able to help review Hogan's irons would be a wonderful experience because I would be giving back to a man and company who have done so much for the game.  I am already impressed with the HoganFit system.  It seems to be one of the more elaborate online fitting systems avaliable.  My iron set would be 22 26 30 34 38 42 46 50 54 58 62 with KBS Tour V X-Stiff.  3* upright.  +.75 length and Ben Hogan Performance Plus grip. 

Hogan Fit:  See Screenshot Below.  The Hogan fit was simple and straightforward.  The fit essentially suggested I go with one degree stronger lofts throughout my bag to even out the assumed gap between my last iron and first hybrid.  That made sense.

Handicap: 9.7

What does Hogan mean to you:

Putting loft rather than club number on the bottom is brilliantI've long believed it would be smarter to grind the number off the bottom of my clubs and stamp the loft on them.  I even argued that in a MGS post a few years back.  So to me....Hogan is brilliant.  Even if, in a way, I'm saying that myself.  "Loft Jacking" while not a crime....is certainly confusing for many people.  I get it though....OEM's need to sell clubs.....and distance sells.  Hogan is not going to win the "distance" war and it's foolish to even step into that ring.  Hogan will win on quality.  I believe Hogan makes quality clubs.  Not gimmicks.  Stamping loft on the sole essentially eliminates the "loft jacking madness".  Excellent job.

Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 5.10.18 PM.png

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE OF GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.6 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, JULY 2020
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B RXS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 3.5 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

As a long time observer here at MySpy (and longtime member of other boards - some may recognize) I figured that there was never a better time to jump into the forum.

Handicap is 6.9

I have been a longtime follower of the Ben Hogan Brand - dating back to runs with the original Edge Forged Irons, Apex Channel Backs, Apex 99, Apex Edge Pros and most recently my beloved Apex FTX's, which only went on the shelf recently due to a shaft/swing change.  

The Hogan brand was the always the brand for me.  No Nonsense Irons that looked as beautiful as they performed.  The shapings, the chrome, the Script Name, everything ooozed pure class.  

Ben Hogan was irons, pure and simple.  

The man's vision was no nonsense as evident by the original designs of the Apex blades. The design has stood the test of time, and everyone has always know the Apex name and the legendary blades that were Ben Hogan.  

When I heard that Terry Koehler was bringing back the licensing and the name Ben Hogan I was immediately intrigued.  The SCOR Wedges and wedge system are fantastic and now bringing the Ben Hogan name back is awesome - the name should have never left us.  Mr Koehler's team was BEN HOGAN Golf once and they are bound and destined to be BEN HOGAN GOLF Again!  

Texas & Experience = Ben Hogan

The HoganFit section of the Website was Simple to use and easy to understand.  It gapped my irons are little differently than I would have liked, but for the most part (a degree here or there) it got everything pretty much down perfect.  The ability to use lofts as opposed to the tradition of single numbers makes a ton of sense.  Modern iron lofts are out of control the thought of a 44 or 45* Pitching wedge is insane.  

A Wedge should start at 47 or 48.  Didn't Hogan call it the Equalizer for a reason?

The new design of the Ft Worth Irons and the TK wedges look fantastic and the explanation of why and how the weight has been moved is a new approach to a long lost art - the Players Blade.  

I hope that I am able to once again put a set of Ben Hogan Irons in my bag - I can even put together a side by side comparison/review of my FTX's that are looking for daylight.  

Best,

Oaks

Ben Hogan is Back - Precision is Back!

Hogan.jpg

On a side note - my Dog is named after the Man himself

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

HoganFit Prescription:

(photo attached) Similar to my Mizuno/Ping setup, with an added wedge and going a degree stronger in the 4-PW. The experience was similar to the Ping fitting results, without as many physical attributes to report (height, hand measurements, etc.). Interesting to read analysis of gapping and how the lofts match up with the iron numbers.

Handicap:

What the Hogan name means to me:

Hogan means the pursuit of perfection through fundamentals. It means finding the truth in the dirt by trying and testing yourself over and over and over. To me, Hogan is synonymous with golf. 

Screenshot 2015-05-06 13.59.04.png

HoganFit attached.

12 Handicap.

To me, Hogan means nostalgia and purity. I learned the game with an old set of Apex irons from the 70's handed down to my by my father, and then my freshman year in high school in 2001 I got a brand new set of Apex Plus irons, my first ever set of brand new clubs. I have since switched to a set of irons with a little more technology, but I used my Apex Plus irons for more than 12 years, so the prospect of going back to a Hogan forged iron set makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I was very upset when the company was sold to Callaway, and despite all the positive reviews, was mortified to see a Callaway product bearing the "Apex" name. Hogan irons were always beautiful in a striking but minimalist way, with no gimmicky marketing claims and no flashy cosmetics. You knew what you were getting, a quality set of forged irons and no B.S. or false promises.

I also currently have two SCOR wedges in my bag, and while the idea of buying any club(s) without hitting them after only an online "fitting" is a little scary, I can say that I have loved my SCOR wedges from the first swing and have never owned a better performing wedge.

It would be a distinct honor to be among the first to test out these new irons, and it would be a very comforting sight to once again have a set of forged Hogans in my bag.

hogan screenshot.png

What an opportunity! Thank you!

HoganFit results:

image.jpg

HoganFit experience:

I really enjoyed the ease of use in the HoganFit experience. My current set were custom fit to me, so I wonder had I not stated that would there have been any other steps? Kind of like pings fitting system? Static fitting I think it's called, maybe dynamic? IDK I'm not a physicist.

I enjoy the brief explanations and love the request "how do you feel your ball flight is?" Many people want a low flight or higher flight. If they're fit for something they're not comfortable playing then they're not going to like the set.

I currently play aero tech shafts because of their vibration reduction capabilities. Wish those were an option.

Also wish they provided pictures of the grip and shaft options. I think people want to see what they're buying.

Your handicap:

Who is asking and how much are we playing for?!? Last time I kept one I was a +2.7, now I don't keep one so I'll play to scratch, but should realistically be about a three.

What the Hogan name means to you:

The Ben Hogan name to me is synonymous with Quality, Professionalism, and Determination. Determination after the namesake, obviously, no explanation needed there. The Script logo just screams high class. The company has never had the snake charmer feel provided by some of today's marketing tactics. They're professional in that they put it all out there whether you like it or not. I know BH goes way back, but they haven't been a major player in over ten years. Many have since written them off or forgot them. In the late 90's everyone who was a player or thought they were a player had a set of Apex's, myself included. Boy were they gorgeous! Justin Leonard was pretty big back then too and having him teamed up with Polo Ralph Lauren at the time just seemed like a match made in heaven. The iron sets just screamed quality, even in the GI lineup, with the red and golf paintfill, red ringed ferrules. Boy I wish I still had my set...

Thanks again!

3.5 handicap

Have played 53 rounds so far in 2015 (honest)

Play twice a week at least

33 years old

In Taylor made SLDRs now that were custom fit but are standard loft/lie

Shaft: KBS Tour V X-Stiff

Length: standard

Lie: standard

Grip: Ben Hogan performance plus

Grip Size: +1

Include

in Order

LoftLieLengthPrice

59 39$149

59.5 38.25$149

60 37.5$149

61 36.75$149

62 36.25$149

63 35.75$149

63.5 35.5$149

TK•15 WEDGES

Include

in OrderLoftLieLengthPrice

64 35.5$149

64 35.25$149

63 35.25$149

63 35$149

TK•15 Wedges Subtotal: $596

See, I would have jumped this. I'm a 7.5 handicap and have access to a HD Golf Simulator and our club officially opens up monday. 

The reason I would have been  a good pic or what the Hogan brand or name means to me? Not much. Here's why. I don't believe the hype. I'm not convinced like so many are here. I like a challenge and would have loved for the Hogan camp to prove me wrong and win me over. I'm not a "fan". I'm a skeptic. But alas, I am Canadian and it's not open to me even though I could supply a U.S. address to ship to (I'm 10 minutes away from the border).

Oh well, if you end up giving me a chance anyway or if the guys at Hogan want to try to win me over, here are my stats:hogan_zpslwymvvgq.jpg

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

My current handicap is 14. What stood out to me about the HoganFit was how The Hogan Golf company found a way to make an online fitting seem very personal. It gave a very complete break down and you end up with a detailed break down of what would be the best set up for your game. I really enjoyed how the fitting process was geared towards accuracy and scoring and it wasn't all about distance.

What the Hogan name means to me is simple. It means dedication. The first set of Irons I ever had was a set of Hogan Apex Edge with a 3 and 4 Hybrid. I wore those clubs out! 

I contracted Polio when I was 6 months old which causes me to have wear a full leg brace on my right leg. So needless to say Golf doesn't come easy to me, I have to practice and I have to be dedicated. I read everything I could about the The Hawk after I found out how he survived a head on collision and fought his way back to play Golf at a high level again. Although there are many years that separate Hogan and I he has always been the inspiration that got me into the game and made me practice, and love this game as much as I do.

Please review the options and club selections before placing your order.

FW•15 IRONS
Include 
in Order

Loft
Lie
Length
Price

bh_club.jpg
 20 21 22 23    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 24 25 26 27    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 28 29 30 31    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 32 33 34 35    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 36 37 38 39    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 40 41 42 43    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 44 45 46 47    
$149

FW•15 Irons Subtotal:
$1043

TK•15 WEDGES
Include 
in Order

Loft
Lie
Length
Price

bh_club.jpg
 48 49 50 51    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 52 53 54 55    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 56 57 58 59    
$149

bh_club.jpg
 60 61 62 63    
$149

TK•15 Wedges Subtotal:
$447

2014 Mizuno Team JPX Member

I played Hogan Apex irons in college and up until someone broke into my car and stole them. Those irons helped me to at one time become the #1 player in the country in junior college winning multiple events in a row.

Currently, I am around a +3 handicap and can add a different view to the hogan testing. I am in the higher of the club head speeds and 6?iron club head speed is around 120-122 mph. To me, Hogan made the classic blade design. I have another set of Apex now but they do not have conforming grooves and I also have an old set from the 80's . There was simply no better crafted blade than a hogan blade.

I would love to have the chance to test and add a different perspective on distance and performance for higher club head speeds.

image.jpg

image.jpg

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

The hogan fit experience was very easy to use and understand. They explained how the proper loft gaps can help your game. Help you score better, which for me would be a great addition to my game. I have the ability to strike the ball well but I'm still learning how to score on the course.

I am currently a 32 handicap, and even though its high I can hit the ball very well. Just have trouble scoring.

The Hogan name to me means legen---wait for it---dary. I got into golf well after Hogan left us but I hear how the older golfers and instructors talk about him and his game. Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf is still a book many recommend reading. Even if we can never learn to swing the way Ben did we can try. So while the Hogan name doesn't mean to me what it may mean to others, I still fully understand his importance to the game that I have grown to love today.

HoganFit.png

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot