Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mizuno Pro 0051 Putter

Does anyone have any info on this putter, found it at a used club shop for $20 so I decided to pick it up and re grip it.  

Mizuno Pro 0051 is what it has on the bottom on the face it has RH.

Any help would be appreciated

putter.JPG

Ive seen a few of those on Ebay.  I believe they were made in the mid '80s and only available in Japan.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I believe you are correct on the 80s vintage Badger. I remember those came out around the time the MP 29 Pro irons came out. I do not know about the Japan only part though. I have seen quite a few around in bargain barrels in the past in fact I remember we had one on the used putter rack at our shop

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Yeah, you can usually pick them up for pretty cheap on Ebay.  Ive gamed a few of the JDM Mizuno putters from the '80s.  Theyre OK, nothing special though.  Theyre almost all stainless steel and too clicky for me.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Archived