Our Sponsors

Most memorable would have to be shooting 69 at the Arnold Palmer course at the Marriott Desert Ridge Wildfire GC.  It was a fluke.  I have never broken 80 before.  

Probably my biggest accomplishment has been getting my HCP back to 9.  Before my knee replacement 18 months ago, I had ballooned up to 14.1 because I couldn't get to my lead side.  I just wanted to play no matter what.  After surgery, I spent quite a bit of time practicing my short game and going back to the fundamentals of my swing.  By the end of last summer I was down to 11.2  I was wondering if I needed to update my avatar hcp, but since we started posting scores on March 1, I have had several scores in the 70's and I can now say that as of May 15 I am officially a 9.0 again!

But a few bad scores in the high 80's can quickly take care of that!!!

It sounds like you have some golf skills and a strong mind to get back out and bring the handicap down to a 9. Congrats on the recovery! Keep playing well!

• Like 1

In the bag!

Driver: 9.5 Taylormade Burner (2007) Stiff shaft

3 Wood : Callaway Big Bertha

Maxfli Irons 4-A

S wedge: 56 degree Vokey

L wedge : 60 degree Cleveland

Putter : Ping Anser

Srixon Z star for stroke play

Srixon z star and Marathon for scrambles

It sounds like you have some golf skills and a strong mind to get back out and bring the handicap down to a 9. Congrats on the recovery! Keep playing well!

Thanks! I wish I had started playing at a younger age. The old body is my HCP now. :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

As a side broke 90 again for the first time in 2-3 months. That felt great. Hopefully I can keep that momentum going even though the last time on the course was a dumpster fire.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours