superduper

Lie Angle bending cost

Our Sponsors

I want to get my irons and wedges lie angle bent.  asked a clubmaker nearby, the cost is $9.99/iron.  And the fitting itselft only costs about $30.  

I have a total of 10 clubs so the total cost would be $130 including the fitting session.   Is this price reasonable?

• Like 1

I will bend them for nothing! :)

It's usually going to be in that $10 range for them to touch your clubs, $20-25 for a reshaft, $15 to put on an adapter.

I think you could go on one of the Big Box store's websites and they'd have a price list to check.

I just paid $6 a club to bend them and $10 for an adapter install in Ohio. Guy is very laid back though.

• Like 1

That's way too much. I recently had all my clubs checked and "tweaked" by my fitter. He didn't charge me anything since I've bought a lot of clubs from him. But... I stood there while he checked each one (9 clubs) and it took about 10 minutes. I don't know what's reasonable but I'd think $25 - $30 bucks? Super, at the rate your club-fitter charges that's $539/hr. It ain't rocket science. I'd look elsewhere.

• Like 2

It's maybe a bit high, but not outrageous if you haven't bought clubs there. $30 to fit you isn't bad. If he's adjusting each one and not just "checking" them, it will take more than 10 minutes. Depending on how much he has you swing and discuss your fit, you will probably take up an hour of his time all together.

You can't look at the exact number of minutes it takes to adjust a club and extrapolate that out to a price per hour. The guy is in business to make a living and has operating expenses to be there in the first place. He's not there to break even or give his time away. If you've been doing business with someone, they can afford to give you some time. But for a first time customer walking in for that, it only makes sense for him to get paid. And that's not a bad price if that's the case here.

That's way too much. I recently had all my clubs checked and "tweaked" by my fitter. He didn't charge me anything since I've bought a lot of clubs from him. But... I stood there while he checked each one (9 clubs) and it took about 10 minutes. I don't know what's reasonable but I'd think $25 - $30 bucks? Super, at the rate your club-fitter charges that's $539/hr. It ain't rocket science. I'd look elsewhere.

Maybe your irons are Miura.  Miura dealers give one year of free service of club adjusting.   But you bought something from the guy, it means something.... I never used this clubmaker's service before...

Maybe your irons are Miura.  Miura dealers give one year of free service of club adjusting.   But you bought something from the guy, it means something.... I never used this clubmaker's service before...

It's maybe a bit high, but not outrageous if you haven't bought clubs there. $30 to fit you isn't bad. If he's adjusting each one and not just "checking" them, it will take more than 10 minutes. Depending on how much he has you swing and discuss your fit, you will probably take up an hour of his time all together.

You can't look at the exact number of minutes it takes to adjust a club and extrapolate that out to a price per hour. The guy is in business to make a living and has operating expenses to be there in the first place. He's not there to break even or give his time away. If you've been doing business with someone, they can afford to give you some time. But for a first time customer walking in for that, it only makes sense for him to get paid. And that's not a bad price if that's the case here.

My irons are Wishon. I agree that he offers me "free" adjustments. I've also had other clubs in past years adjusted for loft and lie. Mostly lie. I can't really recall what another guy charged me but I do know it wasn't high. Again... I know the specs and handed them to him. He didn't fit me. And... I wasn't asking for a fitting. Just an adjustment. Lie is the biggest one that gets off. Lofts too but to a lesser degree. If I'm going in to have my clubs looked at then I expect them to be both "checked" and adjusted. Why have them checked and not adjusted? Those two terms go hand in hand. Check and adjust as necessary. Anyway and again... It's not rocket science. You just need the necessary equipment. Shop around if you can.

No, it's not unreasonable. That's pretty

Much the standard anywhere. Lots of places throw the fitting and bending in for free if you buy the clubs there.

Wow I guess there's quite the diversity in club repair costs. This really is spot on what I would expect to pay at any one of a half dozen places in my area.

Wow I guess there's quite the diversity in club repair costs. This really is spot on what I would expect to pay at any one of a half dozen places in my area.

So you think this is the market price for lie angle fitting and adjustments? 

This seems a bit on the steep side to me. At our shop, we charge less than half, and no fee for the fitting..  It might be regional, but I would never pay anything near $10 per club for a lie angle adjustment.  

• Like 1

If you're not a regular or didn't purchase there, you should have to pay $5-$10 per club. Don't like it? Then you go spend the $800 on your own machine and see how long it takes for you to recover that $800 at $5 a club!

• Like 1

No kidding lol... Especially when everyone wants it free (which I usually do for friends).

• Like 1

A little off topic here...Rookie have you ever bent Ping irons? My instructor does a ton of club work but said he wouldn't even attempt to bend my G25s.

If you're not a regular or didn't purchase there, you should have to pay $5-$10 per club. Don't like it? Then you go spend the $800 on your own machine and see how long it takes for you to recover that $800 at $5 a club!

Yup. And it's not just the machine. It's the shop, everything it takes to keep that paid for, and his time.

If you buy a set of clubs from him, I bet he would make adjustments to them for a very small fee if not for free. Bring in clubs bought who knows where, it's only fair to pay enough to make it worth his while.

• Like 1

A little off topic here...Rookie have you ever bent Ping irons? My instructor does a ton of club work but said he wouldn't even attempt to bend my G25s.

I have- you can't do anything drastic though like 3-4* though

• Like 1

regardless of the cost, I just got my irons bent yesterday.   It's funny because I need my Mizuno irons (MP H4) bent 3 degrees flatter.  And the staff could only bend it 2 degree flatter.   He said he couldn't bend it more than 2 degrees after trying.   My mizunos are grain flow forged.  

You can bend Pings no problem. They "hammer" then into place but they'll bend a few degrees just fine

• Like 1

Big box. Golfsmith charges 4.99 for loft lie adjustment, no way I'm spending 10 per club.