Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB?

Mizuno JPX921F 4-PW, recoil 95 shafts

Callaway Epic SZ 9.5°, Hzrdus Smoke black 

Ping Glide 3.0 50,54,60 

PXG hybrid 0317 Gen 1, Tensi CK Blue

Cobra F9 14.5° 3 wood, Atmos Blue 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting concept but I can't say I'm that interested. I think I'd rather go to the range and just practice with my regular irons say 8 - PW and lean the shafts playing 3/4 shots etc. Just seems a bit gimmicky. Having said that I'm probably wrong but if it works for you go for it!

Yeah, you've got to try one.

One of the key ideas (that I think MBP and Barbajo are trying to convey) is that it HUGELY exaggerates your mis-hits ... and, flip-side, rewards your "pure" hits.

You *have to* rotate & transfer your weight to get a pure strike with these.

Been helping me with these two fundamental problems!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Just placed my order. Should have done so before this long weekend as it will probably be this time next week or later before I receive it. Where does it ship from?

Also, the "have to rotate and transfer your weight" comment...

I keep wondering about this product. I have a tour striker and like it off mats but not so much grass. I have read only good things about this but besides the leading hands, what do you have to do exactly? You'll pure shots of your lead with your hands enough and what?

I feel I do not compress the ball enough and all I try to do is keep hands in front of me. My biggest is problem is, I can swing 50% of my total length to my backswing and hit it as far as my full swing. My half swing( not speed but length) 7i goes 155 as does my full swing. Hoping this helps.

WITB?

Ping Glide 3.0 50,54,60 

Also, the "have to rotate and transfer your weight" comment...

Hollis, others new to this topic --

Read thru this thread...

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/16374-Official-Forum-Member-Review---DST-COMPRESSOR-REVIEWS

Couple of excellent posts with explanations, tips and advice.

(I really like the one about "self-organizing".)

With the TS you can cheat a bit by leaning the shaft but still flipping your hands at impact ... it's possible, since you like it better off a mat, this may be happening with you...?

With the DST any mis-hit is a mis-hit. Period. The only way to get a good flight on the ball is with the proper weight shift + turn + release...

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Yesterday and after a long lay-off I finally decided to put a good grip on my DST and practice with it again. As many of you already know the stock grip is crap. Anyway... this club is a good training aid. I absolutely flush my shots with it. Mine is the DST Compressor 8i. I've heard some people say it's difficult to hit. But, to me it's almost impossible to hit a bad shot. Wish all my clubs had a curved shaft. LOL

I'm going to keep it in my practice bag for a while. And besides, Stenson uses it and he's pretty good I've heard.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 3 weeks later...

The 8 iron has helped my irons a ton...once you can flush this, it makes hitting a crisp iron easier and my handicap did come down a couple strokes.  I did develop some problems with the driver after getting the swing to flush the DST compressor down probably more related to D-plane issues...always a work in progress.  

The 8 iron has helped my irons a ton...once you can flush this, it makes hitting a crisp iron easier and my handicap did come down a couple strokes. I did develop some problems with the driver after getting the swing to flush the DST compressor down probably more related to D-plane issues...always a work in progress.

This is exactly my problem right now. Been working so hard to master the DST, now I'm lost with the driver.

WITB?

Ping Glide 3.0 50,54,60 

• 1 month later...

Yesterday and after a long lay-off I finally decided to put a good grip on my DST and practice with it again. As many of you already know the stock grip is crap. Anyway... this club is a good training aid. I absolutely flush my shots with it. Mine is the DST Compressor 8i. I've heard some people say it's difficult to hit. But, to me it's almost impossible to hit a bad shot. Wish all my clubs had a curved shaft. LOL

I'm going to keep it in my practice bag for a while. And besides, Stenson uses it and he's pretty good I've heard.

After practicing with the DST for a while, are you at all changing your address hand position back to that of a more traditional club? seems like the pros using it on tour don't have the aggressive starting position like the brochure recommends.

I have had the DST for about a month now and would definitely recommend it. As someone who's a bit taller, I find it uncomfortable to start with such an aggressive press when trying to get the hosel marking pointing to my nose.

After practicing with the DST for a while, are you at all changing your address hand position back to that of a more traditional club? seems like the pros using it on tour don't have the aggressive starting position like the brochure recommends.

I have had the DST for about a month now and would definitely recommend it. As someone who's a bit taller, I find it uncomfortable to start with such an aggressive press when trying to get the hosel marking pointing to my nose.

IMO, and just from my observations, the pros may not address the ball that way but I'm pretty sure the hands are ALWAYS leading the handle .. which is leading the clubhead .. into the ball....

(every club except for maybe specialty sand shots)

If you're taller - are your clubs added length? If so, possibly the "average" length DST .. plus the curve .. is making you bend/lean too much?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 4 months later...

In my opinion the DST is a decent training aid, but not the end all solution.  The drastic hands forward starting position is good for static practice but it's too far forward for actual swings and can ultimately mess up your swing I believe.  Don't get me wrong I think it's pretty good but a others point out the pros don't push their hands all the way forward with this club and neither should you.  During the actual swing if you get good hip rotation then the club sets up nicely but the starting position is pretty odd and can affect your backswing.  Saw a review on Dan Whittaker's youtube site and he explains this much further and his points seem to make sense.  Overall I think it's a good aid but lessons will help even more in my opinion (still use it myself).

Driver: Ping G20, 9.5 degree, tour stiff shaft

Fairway(s): Ping G20 3 wood, stiff shaft; Cleveland Launcher FL 5 wood, stiff shaft

Hybrids: Ping G25 2H, 3H,4H, stiff shaft

Irons: Ping G, steel stiff shaft (4-PW)

Wedges: Cobra Gap wedge (49, stiff shaft), Vokey Spin Milled 5 52 and 56 degress wedges, stiff shaft

Balls: Snell MTB

Archived