Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ryan Moore Signs ANOTHER Deal

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

It was announced that Ryan Moore signed a 3-year contract with TRUE linkswear to wear their shoes and committed to invest in the company.

Sound similar to the deal he made with Scratch...well kind of.

“The last two years I have been looking for footwear that I think gives me an advantage,” Ryan said. “These shoes are the lightest, most comfortable shoes Iʼve worn on the golf course and they really improve my sense of balance and connection with the course.”

There is a trend in golf shoe technology to bring your feet closer to the course. TRUE linkswear and Adidas are a couple of brands that are moving the shoe closer to the course.

So have any of you tried these shoes?

#TruthDigest

I've never heard of them, but I would like to see some of their products... unfortunately, there website is too simple... no links to product at all... I want to know more, but they need to step it up a little...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

The shoes sure LOOK nice, but I'm still not a fan of the spikeless shoes. Getting lower is one thing (which Adidas has done pretty well, IMO) but eliminating spikes to do that is a little to far for me.

One other thought: I wonder how much these shoes designed to get you lower to the ground affect fitting? Could they cause you to need a half in shorter or a degree or two flatter?

There is a trend in golf shoe technology to bring your feet closer to the course. TRUE linkswear and Adidas are a couple of brands that are moving the shoe closer to the course.

guess this mean he has to flatten out his lie angles?

note- these shoes actually will help your slice LOL

:cobra-small: Staffer 

:Arccos: Staffer 

www.MANAVIANGolf.com

Good for Ryan, and I love that he's not just "taking the money and running," he's investing for the long haul. I have tried on the new Adidas, they feel good, and you can sure feel the being lower to the ground. Just can't afford them right now.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

The distance difference from these "low" shoes to "normal" height shoes is millimeters, not inches, so there should be no effect on fitting

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Hello Spies,

My name is Rob Rigg and I am the President of TRUE linkswear.

If you have any questions about our product I will be happy to try and answer them.

We will not be disclosing full specs until the product is ready to hit the market in the Fall (since we're just a start up we don't want to give the big companies any more info than we have to at this point - hopefully everyone understands).

We are confident that our shoe is the lightest, most comfortable and closest to the ground on the PGA Tour. While Ryan did not make the cut at Colonial, he loves the shoes and we look forward to getting his continued feedback and insight - and hopefully a win or two in 2010.

Aside from Ryan, we have a handful of product testers out there with the shoes - including me - and that is it. There are literally only 10 or so pairs on the ground in the US right now.

If you want further updates I will try and post them here - or you can join the mailing list on our splash page. Our fully enabled website and blog will be up in a couple of weeks - it's going to be pretty cool (but of course I am biased).

We ended up launching earlier than expected because Ryan tried on the shoes, wore them nine holes and told us he wanted to wear them at his next tournament.

• SPY VIP

Welcome to MGS Mr. True (Rob Rigg). Nice lookin' kicks you have.

I think I speak for all the guys that we would like to here some updates and get some more info on the shoes when you can supply it. I think they would also like to hear how the whole deal with Ryan happened. He seems to make for some interesting sponsorships...can you shed some light this?

Hello Spies,

If you have any questions about our product I will be happy to try and answer them.

We will not be disclosing full specs until the product is ready to hit the market in the Fall (since we're just a start up we don't want to give the big companies any more info than we have to at this point - hopefully everyone understands).

We are confident that our shoe is the lightest, most comfortable and closest to the ground on the PGA Tour. While Ryan did not make the cut at Colonial, he loves the shoes and we look forward to getting his continued feedback and insight - and hopefully a win or two in 2010.

Aside from Ryan, we have a handful of product testers out there with the shoes - including me - and that is it. There are literally only 10 or so pairs on the ground in the US right now.

If you want further updates I will try and post them here - or you can join the mailing list on our splash page. Our fully enabled website and blog will be up in a couple of weeks - it's going to be pretty cool (but of course I am biased).

We ended up launching earlier than expected because Ryan tried on the shoes, wore them nine holes and told us he wanted to wear them at his next tournament.

#TruthDigest

Hello Spies,

Rob, I signed up for the newsletter and will wait to hear of any updates. just from the looks alone then look very comfortable. I will be interested in trying a pair but I will need to try them on as some shoes ai wear are 11 and others are 10.5. Thanks and welcome to MGS.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I just signed up for the email as well... I'll be keeping an eye on the blog too. Be sure to post in here any updates to the site or blog, we'll be waiting...

Oh... when the blog is released, but sure to include an RSS feed, that way we can all know as soon as it's updated...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Hello MGS, Tim and Mudfish,

Thanks for your interest in the shoes and compliments on their look - and thanks for signing up for the updates.

We will include an RSS feed for the blog and I'll let you know when we post updates - I have a few in the hopper right now.

In terms of the deal with Ryan, we have been chatting since around the start of the year and things just came together - all rather serendipitous. I can't say enough about Ryan and his family - they are great people who are very passionate about the game.

The short story of how TRUE linkswear happened. Sean - the other co-founder, had an idea for a minimalist golf shoe based on barefoot running shoes he had seen. He discovered me through my website - The Walking Golfer and became a member of the Society - he and I worked with a great designer for quite a while to come up with a "minimalist golf shoe" that we liked. We got it in front of Ryan through Todd at MacKenzie Golf Bags who was friends with Ari at Scratch - which led to a meeting between a group of us in Scottsdale.

Ryan really liked the idea because he is a "feel" player who wants to be as close to the ground - and as comfortable in his shoes - as possible. He saw the tremendous passion that Sean and I had for our product and how we thought it could improve a golfer's experience on the course - we definitely connected on that. We offered Ryan an opportunity to become a "real" member of our design and dev team and he gave us some great insights that we used to help shape our "almost" final product.

Not all athletes want responsibility for creating product - but Ryan is very passionate about what he wears/plays and knows what he does, does not like. Fortunately, when the shoes landed he loved them and put them into play at the British Open Qualifier and at the Colonial right away. As has been mentioned in the press release - He is now a part owner and endorser of TRUE linkswear product.

Everyone at TRUE is really excited about getting our product on the ground in the US - we really believe the shoes are different in a very good way and I am anxious to share more with you as soon as possible.

I signed up for the newsletter also, and I can't wait to see further updates. I love it when companies talk to people and listen to their consumers. Ryan is a great guy and perfect pick for you!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Here are some photos from the Old Mac opening yesterday.

I'll let you all know if we are looking for product testers and the sizes we will be testing - it is great to see the interest!

http://www.facebook.com/truelinkswear

Let me know if it would be better to post the photos here?

We will get some more technical info up in a little while re: the sole, spike system, etc. Apologies for cloak and dagger.

Cheers

Would be interesting to see how these shoes compare to the Ecco Golf Street Premier.

Rob, best of luck and thanks for joining. Looking forward to you guys adding a shopping component to your website.

The Trues are quite different from the Ecco Street Premier - which I have worn and prefer to most other golf shoes.

They both have a TPU sole - and the traction on both shoes is similar and IMO excellent.

The Trues have a full grain waterproof upper that is a much more classic styling - certainly not skate. The Trues land somewhere between golf and modern dress in our opinion. We tried to create a silhouette that can be worn to work, restaurants, etc. and primarily the golf course, without looking out of place. I think the photo on our homepage - which Balata Man was kind enough to post already - is a great representation of the shoe.

Like Ecco - we color block the outsole along with the upper - it provides many more options - wait until we bring our limited additions shoes next year - they are really cool (at least in my biased opinion! :rolleyes: )

The Trues are probably 15mm or so closer to the ground than the Streets. Much lower profile.

Our toe box is wider - to create more of an authentic barefoot experience by letting your toes act as individual balance points - think gloves versus a mitt. I found the Ecco Streets to be quite narrow in the mid and forefoot.

I think out footbed and heel cup is probably different from the Ecco Street as well - we used memory foam in both areas to create a custom fit - not sure what Ecco used.

The key difference in our shoe and most others - based on feedback thus far from pro and amateur product testers - is that the Trues actually give them a performance advantage in terms of balance - especially during weight transfer to the left side (for right handed golfers) - because your foot is essentially on the ground with no mid-sole to "roll over" and stress your ankle.

Here are the product images from our FB page - I added a few scenic ones of OM as well - it is a wonderful course.

IMG_6259.JPG

IMG_6261_2.JPG

IMG_6318.JPG

Hi Rob! Nice looking shoe. ANDDDD you have nearly perfect timing. I'm looking to replace my FJs pretty soon. :rolleyes: Don't wait till TOO late in the fall to bring the True's out! :D (J/K... I know the pains of production/logistics)

*edit* I almost forgot to say.. ya gotta come up with a Ladies shoe too. My wife/playing partner would kick my tail if I didn't mention that. LOL!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Hey Rob first off great name :rolleyes: . I think the shoes are awesome and I like white and black leather. The shoes have a simple classic look to them which makes sense because Ryan has a simple classic look to him. I honestly can't wait to see more about these shoes and maybe even pick up a pair. The Eccos are nice and so are the Pumas but your shoes look much more simple and I love that. I did notice on your website that the one shoe is mostly white while the shoe posted above has more black. I hope you can offer some color options like white, black, and brown so that people can match with what they are wearing. I like to match when I hit the course and it seems like Ryan is kinda the same way.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Hi Robbo,

Don't worry - there will be some very unique and some very classic color options available by mid-2011. We are going to bring 4 colorways to market initially and go from there.

We have some pretty neat stuff up our sleeve for 2011 that has never been done before - but our key inline colors and styles will not change often so if you find something you like it will be around when you want another pair of the same ones.

Cheymike,

Believe me - we'll get the shoes here asap! Which is never as asap as one would like.

My wife is looking for some women's shoes as well - I told her she'd probably have to wait a little bit. She didn't seem pleased. :rolleyes:

I like the Ryan Moore is not going the traditional route and i root for him even more. I feel he is playing the best equipment even if its not a huge company. Hopefully he wins a major and a these companies can grow and bring us new great equipment in golf

I tell you what, Ryan is playing some top notch golf this season. Watch out for him as a dark horse top 10 golfer for this year.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Here is a photo from The Classic on Tuesday - this is Ryan's home course where he grew up - his dad owns it. Ryan had played 18 at Chambers as part of a US Am media day and then we played 9 at The Classic (before getting hammered with rain).

We had 1/4 of all the Trues ever built on the tee at the same time - a fivesome - L t R - Troy Denton (Ryan's Coach), Me, Ryan, Jeremy (Ryan's Brother) and Mike (Ryan's Dad).

Kind of a cool look into different colorways and color blocking options that we have.

photo.jpg

Are you thinking of some custom color combos? I like to wear pretty loud, 70's looking golf outfits, and always looking for golf shoes to match!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Archived