Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ryan Moore Signs ANOTHER Deal

GolfSpy_X

Are you thinking of some custom color combos? I like to wear pretty loud, 70's looking golf outfits, and always looking for golf shoes to match!

John - Wait until you see what we are going to bring next year in "Limited Editions" - the combos in the TRUE Fivesome photo are just a start.

Would be interesting to see how these shoes compare to the Ecco Golf Street Premier.

Rob, best of luck and thanks for joining. Looking forward to you guys adding a shopping component to your website.

Very nice, and I agree, compare them with the Ecco's

I've been thinking the same thing. I want to try both of these NEW Styles out. It would be great if we could get our hands on some Demo's. I'm up for the same exact set up Ryan's wearing in the pic. Now it will be even sweeter in Royal blue/ white, Purple/white, green/white. I seen the Red/white on their facebook page so I'm sure they will be offering all types of color combo's.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

The Trues are quite different from the Ecco Street Premier - which I have worn and prefer to most other golf shoes.

They both have a TPU sole - and the traction on both shoes is similar and IMO excellent.

The Trues have a full grain waterproof upper that is a much more classic styling - certainly not skate. The Trues land somewhere between golf and modern dress in our opinion. We tried to create a silhouette that can be worn to work, restaurants, etc. and primarily the golf course, without looking out of place. I think the photo on our homepage - which Balata Man was kind enough to post already - is a great representation of the shoe.

Like Ecco - we color block the outsole along with the upper - it provides many more options - wait until we bring our limited additions shoes next year - they are really cool (at least in my biased opinion! :lol: )

The Trues are probably 15mm or so closer to the ground than the Streets. Much lower profile.

Our toe box is wider - to create more of an authentic barefoot experience by letting your toes act as individual balance points - think gloves versus a mitt. I found the Ecco Streets to be quite narrow in the mid and forefoot.

I think out footbed and heel cup is probably different from the Ecco Street as well - we used memory foam in both areas to create a custom fit - not sure what Ecco used.

The key difference in our shoe and most others - based on feedback thus far from pro and amateur product testers - is that the Trues actually give them a performance advantage in terms of balance - especially during weight transfer to the left side (for right handed golfers) - because your foot is essentially on the ground with no mid-sole to "roll over" and stress your ankle.

Here are the product images from our FB page - I added a few scenic ones of OM as well - it is a wonderful course.

Rob, when you say Limited Edition would they be for the 4 Majors or just a certain color combo worn by say Ryan Moore?

Thanks, Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Rob, when you say Limited Edition would they be for the 4 Majors or just a certain color combo worn by say Ryan Moore?

Thanks, Tim

We are planning on doing some event related Limited Edition shoes - and we may end up bringing out other colorways if demand is strong enough.

At the right time, we will set something up on our website where people can request certain colorways and if we get enough interest we will commercialize them. The consumer decides!

• 4 weeks later...

Rob,

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for the release of your shoes. I am almost in need of new golf shoes and I want spikeless but I'm just not impressed with the skate look of the eccos as much as I like the classic golf/casual work look of your TRUES.

I wish they were already out but I understand it takes time since your a new company.

Also I am flat footed so shoes that don't came a soft sole or have a nautral high arch in the sole kill my feet. I have worn adidas becasue there sole has a lot of cushion to them and they form to my flat feet so well. Are you shoes anything like this?

Robbie

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

One other thought: I wonder how much these shoes designed to get you lower to the ground affect fitting? Could they cause you to need a half in shorter or a degree or two flatter?

Excellent question.

Honestly, though... do shoes REALLY offer that much of a difference? Anyone remember when Hi-Tech said their shoes gave you 10 extra yards (this was a year or two ago). Where are they now? Or Puma's quills that enhance traction (or whatever it was supposed to "guarantee")? My belief? If they're comfortable, that's all that matters. Not what kind of spikes you use, not how low they sit to the ground, none of that. Just another marketing gimmick from Taylormade/adidas.

Our shoe is designed on a wide last and the insole has minimal arch support which is inline with "barefoot" shoe structure.

We have a very thin outsole which led us to create a very comfortable insole to provide cushioning and support.

The insole is probably slightly thicker than a normal - this was done to enhance comfort for those who are trying a barefoot shoe for the first time - I have been wearing my TRUEs without an insole for 36+ a day and the comfort and weight is awesome - but I had been wearing barefoot shoes previously. With the insole, the shoes are even more comfortable and supportive while still providing excellent feel on the course.

For those who try the TRUEs, based on feedback we have received, I sincerely believe you will find them to be very comfortable.

Thanks Rob thats the answer I was looking for.

Just came across this thread and it sounds like I'll be eyeing a new pair of shoes, come Fall, LOL.

I read the comments regarding colors and it has nearly won me over, before I ever try a pair on.

Some of you know that my colors, when it comes to customizing putters, tend to run a bit Far from the Norm, when I am turned. If colors on putters is a good thing, I can't imagine why getting a little funky with shoes would be any different.

So, let's get these bad boys out there and make a difference.

Great looking product!

LaMont in AZ

MannKrafted GolfWorks

SSB's Custom Garage Guy, :D

I am holding out on new Black golf shoes right now, mine are beat up, but they still work, so hurry with the product, I am waiting on you guys!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I am holding out on new Black golf shoes right now, mine are beat up, but they still work, so hurry with the product, I am waiting on you guys!

I am with you John. Even though I only wear white golf shoes but I need a second pair as my Tour 360 II are getting worn out.

I'm in the same boat... I need a new pair, but I don't want to spend the money if I plan on getting these when they are released...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

They look pretty cool and I like the fact they don't have spikes! I'm down for any shoe that's greens friendly ;)

Titleist 909Dcomp 10.5º Aldila Voodoo svs6, 44" | Titleist 909F3 15º 18º | Ping Anser Forged, 3 - pw | Ping Tour W 54º 60º | SC Studio Select Newport 33" | Titleist ProV1x

How waterproof are these shoes? What pricing are we looking at?

I prefer lower and lighter shoes myself but have wide feet and playing in tropical rain storms at times.

The shoes will retail for $189

They have full grain waterproof leather and a waterproof membrane that has been seam sealed. We have added a gusset to help funnel water off the top of the shoe, should it get there. Since the shoes are probably about 10mm'ish closer to the ground than most Tour shoes we did our best to maximize waterproofing. Ryan has been very happy with the waterproofing and he has played several events in wet to very wet weather.

We'll be interested to know how they hold up in a tropical rain storm - that is great product testing right there (I played with them through several Noah's Ark type storms in Oregon this spring).

• 2 weeks later...

The distance difference from these "low" shoes to "normal" height shoes is millimeters, not inches, so there should be no effect on fitting

Then they should have no real effect on performance. It's like trying to figure out the difference between two drivers (same make and model), one being 450cc and the other being 460- which can theoretically be possible, given manufacturing tolerences. Not much of a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mr True...

How well does this shoe hold up on cow grass (Axonopus Compressus)? There are a few courses out here in Asia that still plays on cow grass.

The Ecco ones don't really hold up that well on cow so can i presume it would be the same as the sole is similar?

Thank You

Great looking shoes...

Hello Rob,

First of all, congratulations on creating such a beautiful shoe. I wish you great success!

My situation is rather unique. I suffered an injury/surgery to my foot in the last several years. Though the “problem” has been removed, it has affected my needs in a shoe design.

Over the past three years, I've spent most of my time either bare-footed or in a “house shoe”. All of this has more or less “shaped” my feet to where I need a wide toe-box and a low arch. You mentioned these characteristics earlier in this thread as being part of your design. Perfect so far. Can you tell me if the toe-box also offers good vertical spacing and/or soft leather uppers over the toe-box?

Also, do you have any information you can release pertaining to which stores will be carrying your line of shoes? I am very interested in trying these out – not just for golf but for everyday use!

Hoping to hear back from you.......

Hi Mr True...

How well does this shoe hold up on cow grass (Axonopus Compressus)? There are a few courses out here in Asia that still plays on cow grass.

The Ecco ones don't really hold up that well on cow so can i presume it would be the same as the sole is similar?

Thank You

Great looking shoes...

Wish I could provide you with an answer on this one - I have not played on cow grass so cannot comment either way.

Is the issues with the Eccos traction related or construction related?

The TRUEs will likely be available in several Asian countries as an FYI - details to follow when finalized.

Hello Rob,

First of all, congratulations on creating such a beautiful shoe. I wish you great success!

My situation is rather unique. I suffered an injury/surgery to my foot in the last several years. Though the “problem” has been removed, it has affected my needs in a shoe design.

Over the past three years, I've spent most of my time either bare-footed or in a “house shoe”. All of this has more or less “shaped” my feet to where I need a wide toe-box and a low arch. You mentioned these characteristics earlier in this thread as being part of your design. Perfect so far. Can you tell me if the toe-box also offers good vertical spacing and/or soft leather uppers over the toe-box?

Also, do you have any information you can release pertaining to which stores will be carrying your line of shoes? I am very interested in trying these out – not just for golf but for everyday use!

Hoping to hear back from you.......

Thanks for the kind words about the TRUEs. We are currently working with a large retailer - but nothing is finalized yet. The shoes will also be in pro shops across the country and - when that is finalized - we will be posting those on the website as well under "locations."

The toe box has been reinforced to provide structure when the golfer posts on the follow through so it is not as soft as a sneaker over the toe box. I would definitely recommend that you try out the TRUEs to see if they will work for you - I certainly hope they do!

Please feel free to send me feedback directly at [email protected] - if the TRUEs need to be softer then that is something we can work towards on our next iteration. Thanks!

It was announced that Ryan Moore signed a 3-year contract with TRUE linkswear to wear their shoes and committed to invest in the company.

Sound similar to the deal he made with Scratch...well kind of.

“The last two years I have been looking for footwear that I think gives me an advantage,” Ryan said. “These shoes are the lightest, most comfortable shoes Iʼve worn on the golf course and they really improve my sense of balance and connection with the course.”

There is a trend in golf shoe technology to bring your feet closer to the course. TRUE linkswear and Adidas are a couple of brands that are moving the shoe closer to the course.

So have any of you tried these shoes?

I signed up for the newsletter. I will try the shoes when the official models come out in the Fall this year.

Ol' Stick

Wish I could provide you with an answer on this one - I have not played on cow grass so cannot comment either way.

Is the issues with the Eccos traction related or construction related?

The TRUEs will likely be available in several Asian countries as an FYI - details to follow when finalized.

Hi Mr True,

The issue with the Eccos are traction related

Hi Mr True,

The issue with the Eccos are traction related

The TRUEs have more surface contact than the Eccos and our ergo-traction TPU spike system is engineered to work with your swing and while walking.

Do you ever have problems with soft spike or hard spike shoes?

The TRUEs have more surface contact than the Eccos and our ergo-traction TPU spike system is engineered to work with your swing and while walking.

Do you ever have problems with soft spike or hard spike shoes?

No problems with soft or hard spikes... but alot of drag marks on the greens thats bout it!!!

Do you have any sample stocks? Maybe you can send 1 or 2 pairs my way... Test the market here

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived