TESTERS WANTED! ×

Callaway X-24's - school me

mainuh

Let me preface this post by saying that I did a search here and found no info about these.

I saw these these the other morning being featured by Charlie Rymer on the G/C. It was a bit difficult to see but they looked to have a black smoke anodized finish to the shafts as well.

Smart move, imo, for Cally to offer up something a bit different.

Were my eyes deceiving me ? If that really was a black smoke anodized shaft, similar to the recent Apollo offering (which appears to be a huge success) I am impressed.

2_X-24_back.jpg

3_X-24_heel.jpg

rob

ps - the cavity badging is a bit garish for me, something a bit more subdued might have been nicer.

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

There was a feature about these irons on the Blog some time ago, but I can't personally answer your questions, sorry.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

There was a feature about these irons on the Blog some time ago, but I can't personally answer your questions, sorry.

JB - no apologies necessary, hell we can't know everything, thats why we have MGS around here. :)

I would love to know that my eyes were not deceiving me and that Callaway actually did use a black shaft with these. That would be a truly handsome set of sticks.

rob

• SPY VIP

Rob - Callaway says they will NOT be offering a black steel shaft option with the X-24. Would be a great option.

Let me preface this post by saying that I did a search here and found no info about these.

I saw these these the other morning being featured by Charlie Rymer on the G/C. It was a bit difficult to see but they looked to have a black smoke anodized finish to the shafts as well.

Smart move, imo, for Cally to offer up something a bit different.

Were my eyes deceiving me ? If that really was a black smoke anodized shaft, similar to the recent Apollo offering (which appears to be a huge success) I am impressed.

2_X-24_back.jpg

3_X-24_heel.jpg

rob

ps - the cavity badging is a bit garish for me, something a bit more subdued might have been nicer.

#TruthDigest

MGS comes through with the answers again, even when we don't like them.

cheesyf.gifcheesyf.gifcheesyf.gif

MGS - given the emphatic NO,it sounds like that option was never considered.

Now while I understand the economics of not doing it on a mass merchandise offering, that they would not offer it as a special option through their Callaway Golf Performance Centers would seem an opportunity lost.

Not only would a customer be able to brag that they were fitted and supplied from there, they would also be able to say that these shafts are a custom item only to be found there.

It would certainly add a bit of cachet to those new sticks.

Oh well, you know what they say about the Horse and Water...

Thanks for taking the time to contact them and report back.

rob

The pictures in the new Golf Galaxy catalog make the shaft look half black and half chrome

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

You can always put a set of the KBS Black Nickel in if you really want the black shaft, and you'll have the best shafts out there

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

If no one else will say it then I will... the color scheme of the X-24 is just god awful. It looks like one of those cheap component irons. It really makes no difference what shaft they put in these. I wouldn't game them.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I looked at these VERY quickly today at Golf Galaxy (my wife and son were waiting in the truck). Anyway, they are normal steel shafts, and the color scheme although ugly, are not as ugly in person... I wish I had time to try them out or even get pics, but I was in a rush... maybe some time this week...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Ive tried alot of Callaways and none of them have really worked for me. My second driver ever was the FT-3, and it was probably the best Callaway club I ever owned (got rid of it when the shaft broke and I didnt know about reshafting back then). I had a set of the Bertha Fusions and though they were miles ahead of the Acuity irons I had before that, every other iron I tried seemed better fit to me. Plus the uni-flex shafts sucked. Since I started building my own clubs, Ive never bothered looking at Callaway since.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

If no one else will say it then I will... the color scheme of the X-24 is just god awful. It looks like one of those cheap component irons. It really makes no difference what shaft they put in these. I wouldn't game them.

Exactly. Black and Orange just do not go together....

Jeremiah-Johnson.jpg

Yellow and Green would have been a much better choice......

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Exactly. Black and Orange just do not go together....

Jeremiah-Johnson.jpg

Yellow and Green would have been a much better choice......

Came here to say the same thing. Would look better with smoked KBS though...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

May be a bit ugly with the orange and black, but our Callaway rep said last week that pre-order numbers are very good world wide so someone must like them. All I have seen is a demo 7 iron and it looked a lot like a X-22 to me although it does have a slightly longer neck and ferrule. I'll stick with my X-22 Tour's.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

Archived