Our Sponsors

• 5 weeks later...

Well I bought the 56 and the 60 degree wedges, have played 3 rounds and quite enjoy them. I find the similar length of each wedge to be beneficial, and I enjoy the slightly extra weight. Same concept as having a heavy putter IMO. From the fairways, just fine, chipping is easier with the extra weight, and the ability to open the clubhead is very beneficial for a flop shot. I will be buying a 52 degree this week.

• Like 1

Well I bought the 56 and the 60 degree wedges, have played 3 rounds and quite enjoy them. I find the similar length of each wedge to be beneficial, and I enjoy the slightly extra weight. Same concept as having a heavy putter IMO. From the fairways, just fine, chipping is easier with the extra weight, and the ability to open the clubhead is very beneficial for a flop shot. I will be buying a 52 degree this week.

Thanks

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

The 52 degree arrived Friday,  went to the course on Sunday with a brand new club,  no practice,  then it performed flawlessly on its one and only use of the day.  In summary,  I am very happy with the 52,  56 and 60 degree wedges.  At this time of the year,  we have Bermuda in Az,  and am having no issues getting through the turf / rough. I Iike the increased length,  and the fact they are all the same length. In addition,  i feel the increased weight is most helpful.  Hitting off hard pan (i.e.  no grass),  just fine,  and in the sand they perform (operator excepted).  All in all a good set of wedges.

The 52 degree arrived Friday,  went to the course on Sunday with a brand new club,  no practice,  then it performed flawlessly on its one and only use of the day.  In summary,  I am very happy with the 52,  56 and 60 degree wedges.  At this time of the year,  we have Bermuda in Az,  and am having no issues getting through the turf / rough. I Iike the increased length,  and the fact they are all the same length. In addition,  i feel the increased weight is most helpful.  Hitting off hard pan (i.e.  no grass),  just fine,  and in the sand they perform (operator excepted).  All in all a good set of wedges.

It's always nice to find a nice set of wedges that perform in a variety of shots. Glad you like them.

Where do you play in Tucson? I have played Starr Pass, del Lago in Vail, El Conquistador, Vistoso, The Gallery, and Dove Mountain. Nice courses, and enjoy the weather in the winter. Unfortunately, most of my play has been in the summer!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 weeks later...