Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Caitlyn Jenner gets to play off the red tees now.

mizuno_lover

Given that her life is all over the news and the fact that Bruce was a pretty good golfer and that this is the 19th Hole, I was reading on Social media that Caitlyn's membership category as well as handicap and everything else red tees, etc all transform with her change from male to female.  The article said Bruce was playing off a 5 handicap or there abouts and now Caitlyn will have all the advantages of playing off the red tees with the extra strength that comes from previously being a man.

Do you, as a male member scramble to have her as your partner in the mixed foursomes?  Hmmmn begs the question.  Nike I'm sure there's a ready made advertising coup there as well I'm sure - not going there with the slogan though Nike - Just do ummmmmm :blush:

I will add I think good on him if it makes her happy or makes her feel more complete as a being go for it.  What do you think about the golfing issues?

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

His momma named him Bruce, I'm gonna call him Bruce.  Just cause a dude puts some lipstick on doesn't make him a woman.  

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Given that her life is all over the news and the fact that Bruce was a pretty good golfer and that this is the 19th Hole, I was reading on Social media that Caitlyn's membership category as well as handicap and everything else red tees, etc all transform with her change from male to female.  The article said Bruce was playing off a 5 handicap or there abouts and now Caitlyn will have all the advantages of playing off the red tees with the extra strength that comes from previously being a man.

Do you, as a male member scramble to have her as your partner in the mixed foursomes?  Hmmmn begs the question.  Nike I'm sure there's a ready made advertising coup there as well I'm sure - not going there with the slogan though Nike - Just do ummmmmm :blush:

I will add I think good on him if it makes her happy or makes her feel more complete as a being go for it.  What do you think about the golfing issues?

Stoked for Caitlyn. Whatever makes someone happy. I couldn't care less.

As for the golf aspect, interesting! I remember this came up with the IOC a couple years back where a transwoman wanted to compete in the Olympics. They ruled her ineligible.

Caitlyn just became the best foursome scramble player ever off the tee, right?

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

What you said Diddy!  I remember some issues back in the 80's 90's about trans pro tennis players too but can't remember the outcome.  Some of the guys in my Wednesday club played with a trans lady at a private club not so long ago.  They weren't too sure about the friendly kiss on the cheek at the end of the round is all, being macho ex army types.

Well said too Rookie I appreciate your opinion and honesty.

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

If she gets good enough she could become the next Bobbi Landcaster

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Good on her, life is short. I've never experienced anything remotely to what she described, so I will not belittle the mental struggle.

As far as ioc stipulations go. You have to be "post op", and have to be done with at least 2 years of hormone replacement therapy.

after the 2 years all of your androgen receptors that would respond to testosterone are no longer functioning.

Agression goes down, muscle growth is no longer stimulated and a bunch of other things.

ALl that being said. There are LPGA players that would run circles around me so it doesn't make a difference to me haha

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Forgot, there are more women walking around xy- genetically male by chromosomes, without surgical alteration and also xxy males then people know. Usually found out when they can't have children and test.

With the introduction of blood testing into the ioc things like this have been found, and why people have been disqualified.

Ah Biology is fascinating!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I have literally no opinion on Caitlin or whatever, other than I hope she is happy. The golf thing is interesting and sure would make for interesting ruling from the USGA. The only good problem they face now is that they can do something now about the trans golfers and make a rule about it and not reactively make a rule. Tennis ran into that issue, so maybe the USGA will be smart and try to come up with something before there is an issue.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Like the others said, if it makes her happy, go for it.  I personally couldnt care less either way.  As for playing from the reds, why not?  I personally wouldnt have a problem with it.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Really the whole thing blows my mind! But what ever trips his/her trigger I guess. Does not matter what he/she does long as it does not come around bothering us

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Always good to see the variety of opinions and views.  In some ways as a civilisation we have come along way in others not so much.  I think if I was playing on the LPGA tour I would be a short hitter too :lol:

My Bag

Maybe in a few months that would be the case, but from what I read the surgery has not been "competed" at this point and there is still a man on third.  Simple rule at my club is if you are under 65 and use the urinal then back to the blue tees you go.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Renee Richards was the tennis player in the 70's that was banned from playing in the US Open  1976 in fact and endured vilification right through out her career.  She wound up coaching Navratilova who was a great tennis player. 

I really can't see it being an issue for Caitlyn any way, she's 65 now and probably has no desire to play professionally anyway.  It will just be club issues she'll have to endure and I think she has enough money to make those go away pretty quickly.

My Bag

Renee Richards was the tennis player in the 70's that was banned from playing in the US Open  1976 in fact and endured vilification right through out her career.  She wound up coaching Navratilova who was a great tennis player. 

I really can't see it being an issue for Caitlyn any way, she's 65 now and probably has no desire to play professionally anyway.  It will just be club issues she'll have to endure and I think she has enough money to make those go away pretty quickly.

God damn. 65? The amazing powers of modern medicine. She looks... not 65.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5

I too, really don't care how he views his "gender."  Whatever he wants to be, is fine with me.

I just don't want to be "forced to care" about anybody's sex life that's not a part of mine - lol

As to what tee box to play?  If you've got XY chromosones, you play the "XY" chromosone tees ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

• 1 month later...

But.... would he/she be allowed to compete in the Olympics as a woman???

For the hell of it and just to make it fun, sure, play the reds.

If I were in a league as a woman and she/he came along and wanted to join and compete in our women's league, that would be rough. Honestly, just not fair at all.

But, these days fair doesn't matter. Life isn't fair...

But.... would he/she be allowed to compete in the Olympics as a woman???

For the hell of it and just to make it fun, sure, play the reds.

If I were in a league as a woman and she/he came along and wanted to join and compete in our women's league, that would be rough. Honestly, just not fair at all.

But, these days fair doesn't matter. Life isn't fair...

Olympic committees has qualifiers that they have to meet, including a medical exam and testing to be able to participate as the new gender.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

As far as I'm aware she isn't getting the tackle removed so she'll technically be a male for he rest of her life just look like a girl.  I think they give you a DNA test if there is doubt in the Olympics.

My Bag

Wait... sooooo in theory she could compete as a woman? Or would she total "fail" those tests?

This is seriously all way too confusing.

We're all winners anyway right?

Don't know if the reassignment has happened, if not, no go already. That's part of it. So Bruce, how dedicated are you?

In The Bag

Stoked for Caitlyn. Whatever makes someone happy. I couldn't care less.

As for the golf aspect, interesting! I remember this came up with the IOC a couple years back where a transwoman wanted to compete in the Olympics. They ruled her ineligible.

Caitlyn just became the best foursome scramble player ever off the tee, right?

I was noticing where the reds were during my other round. I kept thinking how easy the course would be. Maybe on a slow day I'll try it and see what I could shoot. I'd be embarrassed if I didnt shoot under or very close to it. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

I was noticing where the reds were during my other round. I kept thinking how easy the course would be. Maybe on a slow day I'll try it and see what I could shoot. I'd be embarrassed if I didnt shoot under or very close to it. 

Great!  I would like to caution you on how easy it is from the Forward tees.  It's not as easy as you might think.  You may be able to clear the hazards that you usually encounter, but different  obstacles may be in play.  As you have seen for the pros, many fairways narrow significantly  the further off the tee you get, so they may play less than driver to lay up short of that.  From the Forward tees you may be bringing that into play.  You will also be playing from unfamiliar territory which can result in partial shots and mishits.  This is actually a good thing to do.  I occasionally do it but usually to hit different clubs off the tee to change up my approach yardages.  

I played in a few tournaments a few years ago and they moved my up to the "senior tees" because of my age.  I had been used to playing from the back tees on our relatively short course.  I would have scored a lot better if I had played from where I usually played.  That's when I started changing up the tee boxes that I play from.  Different perspective; different clubs, and it makes you think around the course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great!  I would like to caution you on how easy it is from the Forward tees.  It's not as easy as you might think.  You may be able to clear the hazards that you usually encounter, but different  obstacles may be in play.  As you have seen for the pros, many fairways narrow significantly  the further off the tee you get, so they may play less than driver to lay up short of that.  From the Forward tees you may be bringing that into play.  You will also be playing from unfamiliar territory which can result in partial shots and mishits.  This is actually a good thing to do.  I occasionally do it but usually to hit different clubs off the tee to change up my approach yardages.  

I played in a few tournaments a few years ago and they moved my up to the "senior tees" because of my age.  I had been used to playing from the back tees on our relatively short course.  I would have scored a lot better if I had played from where I usually played.  That's when I started changing up the tee boxes that I play from.  Different perspective; different clubs, and it makes you think around the course.

Yeah, I keep thinking I'd like to do this just to work on my iron game a whole round. But I'm afraid I'd just try to drive the green everytime instead like an idiot.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5

At my club they have the yellow tees that are there ostensibly for the older veteran golfers and social play and the Veterans Friday competition is played off them.  It is crazy how being forward can put you off your game.  It took me ages to adjust and work out what clubs to hit and when with the different yardages.  Can't really imagine what it would be like off the reds :huh:

My Bag

His momma named him Bruce, I'm gonna call him Bruce.  Just cause a dude puts some lipstick on doesn't make him a woman.  

Fair enough....but then ya gotta call Mr. Woods "Eldrick" from now on as well.   And Lord knows what you'd say if you were in the gallery following the two of them paired with Lew Alcindor and Cassius Clay at the Crosby Clambake.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Fair enough....but then ya gotta call Mr. Woods "Eldrick" from now on as well. And Lord knows what you'd say if you were in the gallery following the two of them paired with Lew Alcindor and Cassius Clay at the Crosby Clambake.

Sorry but anyone that still has external plumbing is still a man. If that offends you, well, you'll be okay.

In The Bag

Archived