TESTERS WANTED! ×

Down the line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn58euaKAv4&feature=youtu.be

Face on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP511837PMc&feature=youtu.be

I've posted my swing video here and on Golfwrx. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Both shots were hit with a 6-iron on a 5 yard draw. I usually play to around a 4-5 handicap. 

In my Bag

Driver- Taylormade RBZ 10.5 w/ Matrix Black Tie Stiff

3 Wood- Taylormade R11s 15 w/ Matore Speeder 7.3 Stiff

Hybrids- Adams Super LS 19 w/ Kuro Kage Stiff      Adams Super 9031 23 w/ Diamana D+ Stiff

Irons- Mizuno MP-60 5-9 w/ TT Black Gold Stiff

Wedges- Scor 48,51,55,59 KBS Genius Stiff

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

Only comment would be that you play with a very strong grip and have a lot of body rotation (similar to Zach Johnson) which is not a bad way to play if you are playing a lot.  I played that way for years and through college and decided to change once I stopped playing everyday and started to fight a nasty hook.  Stick with what works for you and playing off a 4-5 it seems that it works.  

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Wow- you must have impeccable timing or a fantastic short game! Obviously if you're a four it works for you, but what are you looking to change? If you want more distance and don't want to miss left of left anymore and don't mind sucking for about six months I have a laundry list for you, but there's no guarantees you'll be able to play off of a four for about another year.

You do many things within your swing that are unique to your swing and compliment each other within your swing. However, to "fix" anyone of these things you're talking reinventing the wheel from your takeaway to your pivot.

Unless you said "I am retired and my only goal is that I want to be a scratch golfer in under a year or two" then I'd say okay let's change things. But if you're like well I'd like to another ten yards off the tee or something immaterial I wouldn't touch your move.

I think it's a mix of both. I usually warm up with the Tour Tempo app and some wireless headphones every time at the range before I get going. It's the glue that binds my game together. I've also been scrambling for a little better that 50% on average, I can get within 6 feet of the hole most of the time around the greens and at least give myself a makeable putt....

The assessment I've gotten elsewhere working with my friends and on other forums is that I'm quite lacking in lower body action. I'm probably giving up quite a bit of distance by limiting my hip roation...an interesting thought because I'm not exactly lacking for distance as is. I think I could stand to rotate my right arm a little more freely in the backswing to keep the clubface on plane. I'm probably going to work on transitioning to a little more neutral grip in the future to see if I can mitigate my misses left, I'll experiment with that and see what works. 

I have a small tournament this weekend, I'm going to start playing around with stuff in my swing after that. I'm going to try and keep a practice journal so I have some continuity from day to day. I'm ok with sucking for a while, I've gotten to where I am in golf on the back of my short game anyway....

In my Bag

Hybrids- Adams Super LS 19 w/ Kuro Kage Stiff      Adams Super 9031 23 w/ Diamana D+ Stiff

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

Haha well it's safe to experiment! The reason you're not lacking in distance is because that club face is dead shut. Is your fade a five yard draw? Sounds like you have some good avenues for advice. Ensure that you don't have anything such as a tournament coming up. Find a method you trust and believe in. Then fully commit to it for months!

If I am swinging well and feel confident in the image of swinging high to high, I can hit a nice 5 yard fade. If I miss....it just goes straight or a slight draw. 

I'll probably post a follow up video down the road of my progress, wish me luck. 

In my Bag

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

Archived