TESTERS WANTED! ×

POLL :What golf balls are you playing for 2015 so far ?

jkittlesen

I am giving Maxfli a go this year and was wondering what folks were playing this season and how you like or don't like them.

What say you.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Where's the poll option?

I am playing the Snell My Tour Ball. As a high launch and spin player, this ball is an absolute DREAM. I don't see myself switching to anything else either. I'm hitting it just as far with my irons as I ever have and my swing speed has to be down a good 10% due to lack of play and practice. I'm not quite as long of the tee as I have been in the past, but that is definitely expected with the downed swing speed. Not to mention I have gained weight, so there's a loss of strength, speed, flexibility, and endurance that can definitely suck the power out of a golf swing. 

Very interested to see how this ball performs at the end of the summer. I hope to start getting back into physical shape and also golf shape for the first time in about five years so I'm kind of excited.

Where's the poll option?

I am playing the Snell My Tour Ball. As a high launch and spin player, this ball is an absolute DREAM. I don't see myself switching to anything else either. I'm hitting it just as far with my irons as I ever have and my swing speed has to be down a good 10% due to lack of play and practice. I'm not quite as long of the tee as I have been in the past, but that is definitely expected with the downed swing speed. Not to mention I have gained weight, so there's a loss of strength, speed, flexibility, and endurance that can definitely suck the power out of a golf swing. 

Very interested to see how this ball performs at the end of the summer. I hope to start getting back into physical shape and also golf shape for the first time in about five years so I'm kind of excited.

So that's why I don't hit it as far as I used to.  :)   I thought it was just old age.

I am playing the MG Tour C4 AND the Snell My Tour Ball.  I like them both, and they play very similar for me.  I have about 2 sleeves of each left which should last about a month.  I will decide which one to order then.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

Gamers - Exhibit best driver & iron performance, with great wedge spin and pleasant putter feel

Snell - Favorite

Nicklaus Black - Favorite

Nike RZN black - Favorite

Bridgestone B330S - Favorite

Wilson FG Tour

Titleist Pro V1 & V1X

Taylormade Tour Preferred X

Taylormade Lethal

Bridgestone B330

Balls played that are fine but wouldn't put in to competitive play because performance is one step behind those listed above 

Bridgestone B330RX

Taylormade Project A

Lightning

Monsta

3UP

Balls I wouldn't wish upon my match play competitor

OnCore

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Have settled on the Srixon Z-Star and the Wilson DUO Spin/FG Tour. Monsta is also in the top tier -- all these balls work well for me.

Will also play Cally Chrome Soft and Nike RZN Black. I'm okay with Snell, but prefer these others.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

It's either going to be the ProV1x (2014 edition), the Srixon Z Star XV (2015 version) or the Snell My Tour ball. I will hopefully be getting my Snells soon and then it's off to the course to see which one performs the best for me.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Like Kenny I'm sticking with the MG Tour C4 mostly. I've also tried the Snell which I thought were good. I recently had to give the new Chrome Soft a go and loved them. As far as I'm concerned I can interchange these two balls and get outstanding results. I still give the edge to the MG ball. It's a first rate top quality tour ball period. Oh, and for all your rich guys out there like me and Kenny they are still only $19.95/dz.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

+1 on the MG Tour C4.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I have switched this year Played a couple of the Srixon Soft feels and really liked them. But last weekend I won a dozen of the TM Aeroburner softs and they hit well also. In the same event I won 3 dozen Bridgestone softs and I have played that ball and also like it. For some reason with all 3 of the above balls I have picked up some tee distance and I like the spin rates on all of them. They also putt well but the Aeroburner seems a little clicky off the putter face for me like the Duo but I can live with it.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Plaid Right now I am playing FREE balls won 4 dozen last week at an event! Brand new Free name brand balls hit good real good. that should last me until at least the first of 2016. I don't lose too many balls I just beat them to death. I have Pro V and Pro V 1s in my shag bag that are 5 years old or older that I got new of course they are beat to crap

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The new z-star first, this ball is great

PV-1- well ya

C-4- durn good ball

Anything I find, just kidding.. Haha

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Srixon Z star and Bridgestone 330 RX.

If I didn't like them I wouldn't be playing them but if I could change something about them they'd go 20 yards longer and in the hole every time. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Srixon Z star and Bridgestone 330 RX.

If I didn't like them I wouldn't be playing them but if I could change something about them they'd go 20 yards longer and in the hole every time. :)

Unicorn

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Srixon Z star XV and Taylormade Tour preferred X

Though the TP X is winning the battle.....

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I have played a bunch of balls this year. Tour preferred X, prov1x, zstarxv, nike rzn black, mg tour c4, B330, speed regime and RBZ urethane because I got them super cheap. The rzn black seemed to spin the least. I will probably stick with the mg tour c4 because of the price. I will say the durability has been somewhat iffy but it hasn't been just awful.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Callaway SR2 and Chrome Soft.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

I am trying to stick with one, right now it's the Callaway Chrome Soft. It's very good, if you haven't tried it, you should.

The other ball I have been using a bit is the Callaway SR2,

To me these balls give me less spin with the driver/ 3wd from the tee.

They also give some check at the green, not as much as others but enough for what I am looking for.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've been using the Pro V1 X, the Srixon Z Star and the Mizuno JPX.  The JPX was a real surprise package.  I got it to review it for the forum and bought a dozen the other day to game to really put it through its paces.  It launches really high which is a novelty for me, the down side is it seems to lack braking power on the green.  It's not a deal breaker just annoying and really makes you think about a club less on approach :)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Bridgestone B330-RX. Got 50 mint condition from lostgolfballs.com during the winter for $50.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Hope the Chrome soft goes on sale would like to try them.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Since changing my home course and with the course conditions this spring, I've gone through more golf balls than I did last year...

I've been buying my golf balls at lostgolfballs.com, currently playing the Taylormade TP Black and Titleist ProV-1X, both of which I like, although I'm partial to the TP Black.

My next purchase though, will be the MG C4.  If I like them, I think I'll stick with them.  It seems like everytime I find a ball I really like, they get discontinued for a "new & improved" version that I don't like as much.

If I'm correct, Master Grip doesn't change the ball design, so if I like it, I can stick with it.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Snell My Tour Ball and ProVs.  The ProV is still my favorite and has a bit more stopping power on the green than the Snell.  But I lose enough balls that the cheaper price has me using the Snells most often.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Playing the Snell "My Tour Ball" and Bridgestone B330 RXS.  Both give me the length off the tee, stopping spin on the green and the feel off the putter.  Only complaint is the Snell is not monogrammed.  Really like having my name on the ball, although not many playing the Snell yet.

Hope the Chrome soft goes on sale would like to try them.

You can buy just a sleeve, you don't have to purchase the dozen, go to golfsmith and ask to buy just a sleeve. That's what I did to try them.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Nike RZN Black and Wilson DUO Spins

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Normally the Bridgestone e7. Thanks to Plaid I have also been turned on to the C4 ball. Will play the Snell Tour ball this weekend. 

Ive also got 2 rounds under my belt with the Wilson Duo test balls.

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Still sticking to the ProV1x which I just can't seem to get away from.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Let me tell you...I have tried all three Top Flight Gamer balls and the Gamer Soft wins by a mile!  I am a 7 Hc.  I can afford any ball I want.  My usual is a Prov1x. I have played them all!  The Gamer Soft spins just enough for me around the greens and it has the distance. All the reviews about losing distance for some people is because they must have a fast swing speed and should not, and need not hit this ball. My driver swing speed is 95-98. The rest of the other clubs are seldom ever needed to be as fast as the driver. This ball performs outstanding for me. The great thing on top of that is the cost. $19.00 a dozen and right now Dick's is having a sale for two dozen for $30.00!  I bought this ball to play at Sandpiper GC in Goleta CA. (Santa Barbra CA.) It is right near the ocean and there are a couple of forced carries and I just didn't want to lose an expensive ball. There is always wind at that course. The Gamer soft was amazing!  Try a sleeve or just pay the 20 bucks! 

In my bag:

983e (any questions?)

Cleveland Mashie M1 15.5

Cleveland Mashie M2 18.0

Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 5-P

Cleveland RTX 2.0 Tour Satin Wedges- 52 10.0 B, 56 8.0 B, 60 10.0 B

Odyssey Works Versa #7 Putter

Optional 14th club(s) Cleveland Mashie M3 20.5 Cleveland Mashie M4 23.0

Top Flite® Gamer Soft

True Linkswear golf shoes. Game Changer Pro! Very comfortable!

Archived