Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

FORUM MEMBER REVIEWS! Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 Irons/TK15 Wedges

At 62, I'm even further down the slope and REALLY hoping to find my "forever clubs" sooner, rather than later.

I'm closer now than I was a year ago, but I'm just... not... quite... THERE!

I'm hitting the big 5-5 on Thursday -- as Tiger said, "Father Time is undefeated."

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great review Edmundcruz!

And to the few people that were checking up on Ebay, yes that's my listing. Since there has been so much debate about cost and whether or not people are going to spend the money on them, I went on Ebay so see if I see what people were paying for them on there...couldn't find any listings.

So I threw mine up there as a 'Buy It Now' to see what kind of offers I would get, and see how many people want these and what they're willing to spend nit retail. So far I got a $200 offer and a $1400 offer.

I'm NOT going to accept offers yet, as I'm still in the review process, but man to those few that jumped to assumptions, not very cool. Of course I took my review (and still am) extremely seriously and you can trust everything I said what genuine to my review on the clubs.

Of course I played with the clubs an am still playing them. Played them yesterday, and hit the most Greens In Regulation I've hit in a LONG time including 7 in a row, which is kind of unheard of for me.

And yes I've tested them against my gamers (Adams) early last week.

As you probably know from my post, but was going to save part of this comment for the final follow-up, they likely will not stay in the bag. First of all, if they don't stay on the bag, am I going to just let them sit in the garage? or let someone else enjoy the awesome clubs and put the money towards school loans, closing costs on our fist house, a washer and dryer,etc.

Again I do not want to offend anything about this review process with a Ben Hogan and MGS which has been amazing and I'm so grateful to have been a part of. So I'm sorry to the person that seemingly took it personally about a listing on ebay, and jumped to conclusions that I somehow wouldn't have actually played them and honestly review them.

WITB:

Ping G30 9* (set to 10*)- Ping Tour 60 X

Ping G20 15* - Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X

Cobra Bio Cell Pro 19* (set to 20*) - Graphite Design Deep Impact 80H X

Adams CMB 4-GW - TT Dynamic Gold Tour X100

Cobra Trusty Rusty 55* and 61* - TT S200

Taylormade New Spider Mallet 35"

There's a household name.:). I know who she is but she's not going to move the needle even though she's a very good player.

Hogan needs a big name popular pga guy. Just saw a TMag commercial where they used the number of players bagging their driver each week to their advantage, titleist does it all the time with their ball. Of course that won't be Hogan but they need a few hats and bags sprinkled in so that their brand is in public view each week.

Rick Shields has them in his bag, for those that watch his reviews on Youtube, it's some pretty good press and glowing reviews. Granted not as popular as a guy on the PGA Tour, but it's a good start! I'm looking forward to seeing how things go for Hogan in the next few months to years. Hopefully they keep going!

WITB:

"I'm NOT going to accept offers yet."

Then you shouldn't have them listed.  Personally, if I placed a bid on a buy it now listing at it's high listed price and it was rejected, I'd lodge a complaint with eBay on the listing.

I'm sure I'm not the only MGS reviewer that no longer has some of the items I've reviewed.  Some, I never did bag and some lost their place to another sometime after the review.  Most of us "tweak" our setup in search of "The Perfect Club," probably more than we should and few clubs make it to the "forever list."

The only thing I think raises anyone's suspicions about the integrity of your review is the Hogans are on eBay BEFORE the review process is over.  There's a reason MGS has a "Follow-up" section for the review format.  Sometimes, after playing clubs for an extended period (at least 2-3 months IMHO), impressions change and we, the readers, want to know why.  That's just a part of the deal when accepting the responsibility of writing an equipment review.

My two cents.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

"I'm NOT going to accept offers yet."

Then you shouldn't have them listed. Personally, if I placed a bid on a buy it now listing at it's high listed price and it was rejected, I'd lodge a complaint with eBay on the listing.

I'm sure I'm not the only MGS reviewer that no longer has some of the items I've reviewed. Some, I never did bag and some lost their place to another sometime after the review. Most of us "tweak" our setup in search of "The Perfect Club," probably more than we should and few clubs make it to the "forever list."

The only thing I think raises anyone's suspicions about the integrity of your review is the Hogans are on eBay BEFORE the review process is over. There's a reason MGS has a "Follow-up" section for the review format. Sometimes, after playing clubs for an extended period (at least 2-3 months IMHO), impressions change and we, the readers, want to know why. That's just a part of the deal when accepting the responsibility of writing an equipment review.

My two cents.

I agree.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Great review Edmundcruz!

And to the few people that were checking up on Ebay, yes that's my listing. Since there has been so much debate about cost and whether or not people are going to spend the money on them, I went on Ebay so see if I see what people were paying for them on there...couldn't find any listings.

So I threw mine up there as a 'Buy It Now' to see what kind of offers I would get, and see how many people want these and what they're willing to spend nit retail. So far I got a $200 offer and a $1400 offer.

I'm NOT going to accept offers yet, as I'm still in the review process, but man to those few that jumped to assumptions, not very cool. Of course I took my review (and still am) extremely seriously and you can trust everything I said what genuine to my review on the clubs.

Of course I played with the clubs an am still playing them. Played them yesterday, and hit the most Greens In Regulation I've hit in a LONG time including 7 in a row, which is kind of unheard of for me.

And yes I've tested them against my gamers (Adams) early last week.

As you probably know from my post, but was going to save part of this comment for the final follow-up, they likely will not stay in the bag. First of all, if they don't stay on the bag, am I going to just let them sit in the garage? or let someone else enjoy the awesome clubs and put the money towards school loans, closing costs on our fist house, a washer and dryer,etc.

Again I do not want to offend anything about this review process with a Ben Hogan and MGS which has been amazing and I'm so grateful to have been a part of. So I'm sorry to the person that seemingly took it personally about a listing on ebay, and jumped to conclusions that I somehow wouldn't have actually played them and honestly review them.

Its very easy to say this AFTER the fact. It had been one thing if you said your were doing this but you didn't. And if they don't measure up to your gamers then by all means sell them but you didn't make it sound like they didn't measure up. Quite the opposite.

Also we are aware that they are in Rick Shields bag. Most of us read the eBay listing.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

if they don't measure up to your gamers then by all means sell them but you didn't make it sound like they didn't measure up. Quite the opposite.

That's what the followup review is for in 2-3 weeks, but there were many subtle hints that they likely weren't as playable for me than my current set. Mainly the forgiveness in the long irons and the consistency in the gap wedge of my Adams. I've played more than enough rounds with the Hogan's to know they are indeed a really good performing and amazingly beautiful set of irons, but for some, such as myself, there are some clubs that suit my game a little bit better. That's why my likelihood of purchase was 80/100 and the long iron performance was 84/100.

I'll save the rest of my thoughts/comparisons for the follow up review in 2-3 weeks.

WITB:

I gave away one of the wedges I got as a review set on here to someone else interested in them. I wasn't going to use it so I covered shipping and sent it to someone else on the board. I've still got the other 2 Carnahans though. I just think it's poor form to throw them up on eBay. It screams that's the original reason one wanted them, to flip them. And it flies in the face of the other people on here that genuinely wanted an opportunity to be a reviewer for these. And the fact the listing was active before the review was posted discredits the entire opinion written on them. Maybe someone will but then at your full boat asking price. And since you're still playing them they're not in the condition listed any longer. So maybe they won't file an item not as described case against you and you lose the money on them you thought you had. Were it me, I'd ask people on here if they wanted them and give others an opportunity to review them. I know one set of the Cobras changed hands because I was there when it was being discussed, and there wasn't any money exchanged to my knowledge. If it's a hassle for you but you want to do the right thing and pass them along to someone else if you don't want them and they're not making your bag, I'll pay the shipping out of my pocket.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Yikes, some harsh stuff going on, sorry I didn't think it was going to be a big deal since I already finished my final club review part and thought, apparently wrong to some, to know what the resale market is like. Thought it'd be a unique look at things since there was so much commenting about the price. Anyways I took the eBay listing down, sorry if I offended someone. I've never once had someone select the Buy It Now, people pretty much always will Make an Offer.

Hope we can focus on the reviews and the clubs now. Looking forward to what the rest of the reviewers thought of the clubs.

WITB:

I gave away one of the wedges I got as a review set on here to someone else interested in them. I wasn't going to use it so I covered shipping and sent it to someone else on the board. I've still got the other 2 Carnahans though. I just think it's poor form to throw them up on eBay. It screams that's the original reason one wanted them, to flip them. And it flies in the face of the other people on here that genuinely wanted an opportunity to be a reviewer for these. And the fact the listing was active before the review was posted discredits the entire opinion written on them. Maybe someone will but then at your full boat asking price. And since you're still playing them they're not in the condition listed any longer. So maybe they won't file an item not as described case against you and you lose the money on them you thought you had. Were it me, I'd ask people on here if they wanted them and give others an opportunity to review them. I know one set of the Cobras changed hands because I was there when it was being discussed, and there wasn't any money exchanged to my knowledge. If it's a hassle for you but you want to do the right thing and pass them along to someone else if you don't want them and they're not making your bag, I'll pay the shipping out of my pocket.

You are correct, the Cobras were exchanged with one member, and then exchanged again to another member for whom the specs were more well suited, and no money was exchanged in either case.  Fozcycle wrote a wonderful review of them and is still gaming them.  Karma came around and I later got a wonderful putter to review (which is still in my bag).

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

That's what the followup review is for in 2-3 weeks, but there were many subtle hints that they likely weren't as playable for me than my current set. Mainly the forgiveness in the long irons and the consistency in the gap wedge of my Adams. I've played more than enough rounds with the Hogan's to know they are indeed a really good performing and amazingly beautiful set of irons, but for some, such as myself, there are some clubs that suit my game a little bit better. That's why my likelihood of purchase was 80/100 and the long iron performance was 84/100.

I'll save the rest of my thoughts/comparisons for the follow up review in 2-3 weeks.

Then you should have waited 2 or 3 weeks to list them. I also agree with Rookie's post. Lastly it's very bad form to list something BIN on eBay and then not actually sell when someone selects it. You would have definitely gotten a negative seller rating from me and many others on here.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

At 62, I'm even further down the slope and REALLY hoping to find my "forever clubs" sooner, rather than later.

I'm closer now than I was a year ago, but I'm just... not... quite... THERE!

There's a slope?  At 68, I don't see much slope anymore.  It may be too late, I don't know.  To quote a Mel Brooks movie:  "What hump."

I still like to try everything, and while I am waaay past finding something that gives me an extra yard or two, I do occasionally find something that just feels better.  Case in point, the Sonartec FWs I bought last month.  As for the Hogans, I really love the looks, and if the club/shaft combo works as good as the SCORS, then I am sold.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well,

part of me is happy to have missed out on the conversation this thread has had the last couple of pages. At this point the whole eBay thing is basically a he said she said type of deal, and is really in hindsight. I'm not taking any sides here because it isn't constructive to the conversation.

With that being said, just something to throw out there. SNC if you are gaming those clubs and truly don't feel they will stick in the bag then consider working something out that's fair with Mizuno_lover. This guy is chomping at the bit for a set of these and with him being from Australia he is taking quite the gamble paying retail for those puppies. Or anyone on the board for that matter. We've had so many people commenting about wanting a set that I'm sure someone would work with you. 

Just something to think about. What you decide to do is your own business. We all clearly are going to have opinions, I just want to shift the focus back to where it should be: Ben Hogan Golf Company.

With that being said, I got out this past Wednesday and then again this evening and I have really started to get a groove going with these things. They're just so smooth and solid. I love the ball flight these things produce, and their feel is just so unique. It's pretty nice!

These C Tapers sell me more and more every day!

Just to comment on one other thing here... I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and I definitely can see the perspective that some have said that discredits SNC's review on the clubs, but keep in mind guys that he never had to provide content to the forum at all. As terrible as that would be, IF he was out to just hawk the clubs on eBay he didn't sign any kind of contract or anything stipulating the content. Everything done through here is on goodwill and the honor system (the way it should be.) So I just feel that had that been his purpose he wouldn't have given us any content to work with.

I'm just trying to see the good in the situation. I don't want this review process or these clubs to fall to the background because of opinions one way or another. Let's focus on why we are all here. Great golf discussion.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I played with mine today. I'm still working and fine tuning my review so I won't discuss much about them. That's why I've been kind of silent in the thread because I don't want to discuss my opinion on them too much until my official review is posted.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Sean, thank you for your insight. I believe you have the heart and soul of MGS when you write your reviews. I am still gaming the Cobras I got from Rev, via Jax last year,

. They are not the same clubs, because I re shafted them, but they are giving me the game I need. As a 17 Hcap, I am just outside the parameters for the Zhogan irons. I know that they would work for me and from your review, I will seriously consider them in the future.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Rookie,

Given your experience I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say. You have a much larger database to compare these to than I do, so a glowing review or a damning review is going to be a pretty big deal.

And Foz,

Thank you! That means a lot man! I'm really so impressed with these clubs. I went out today and played 9 holes and was playing anywhere from 2-5 golf balls per hole while I was out there. Just trying to play around with distances and consistencies, and it's pretty amazing that on multiple holes I dropped a ball, hit it, felt like contact was pretty bad, dropped another one, hit the ball, felt like I flushed it, and they ended seriously on the same line and within 2 yards of total distance with each other. I noticed that 4 different times with different clubs on the course tonight.

Pretty interesting!

I just hope the guys out there give these clubs the consideration they deserve. Thanks again Foz. I loved the opportunity!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Yikes, some harsh stuff going on, sorry I didn't think it was going to be a big deal since I already finished my final club review part and thought, apparently wrong to some, to know what the resale market is like. Thought it'd be a unique look at things since there was so much commenting about the price. Anyways I took the eBay listing down, sorry if I offended someone. I've never once had someone select the Buy It Now, people pretty much always will Make an Offer.

Hope we can focus on the reviews and the clubs now. Looking forward to what the rest of the reviewers thought of the clubs.

I'm going to say thanks for taking the high road. We're guys, it's over, let's focus on the Hogans.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Rookie,

Given your experience I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say. You have a much larger database to compare these to than I do, so a glowing review or a damning review is going to be a pretty big deal.

And Foz,

Thank you! That means a lot man! I'm really so impressed with these clubs. I went out today and played 9 holes and was playing anywhere from 2-5 golf balls per hole while I was out there. Just trying to play around with distances and consistencies, and it's pretty amazing that on multiple holes I dropped a ball, hit it, felt like contact was pretty bad, dropped another one, hit the ball, felt like I flushed it, and they ended seriously on the same line and within 2 yards of total distance with each other. I noticed that 4 different times with different clubs on the course tonight.

Pretty interesting!

I just hope the guys out there give these clubs the consideration they deserve. Thanks again Foz. I loved the opportunity!

When I did the SCOR test last summer I had similar experiences, very tight dispersion and more forgiveness than you'd expect. BTW it was extremely beneficial for my game. I was playing the local par 3 course twice a week for a month hitting 3 balls a hole.

Here's hoping for the same bump for you!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Rev,

Yeah I've noticed I enjoy practicing like that on the course than being on the range. I can go to a distance I want to practice and just drop however many I want and see what happens. Really enjoying it!

I'm getting out this afternoon for a round, so I'm looking forward to seeing how my game can come together!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I to would have liked to tested these irons out. For me, all the reviews I've read about SCOR in general, I am just to skeptical on how good these clubs really are. As much as it is ok to read all the positives, nothing can be totally positive. I want to see what you DIDN'T like about them. I am patiently waiting for some SCOR wedges to pop up in the numbers I need. There is just no way for me to buy them new, especially with the value of my Canadian money going down the tubes.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

The problem with telling you what I don't like is that there honestly isn't much I don't like. It's a pretty short list.

Outside of the 21 and 25 degree irons being too hard to hit for me, and the 29 being iffy. And also the overall length of the long irons felt a little longer to me than they have through other brands. With that being said, those are my only issues with the clubs. They truly are fantastic irons.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

The problem with telling you what I don't like is that there honestly isn't much I don't like. It's a pretty short list.

Outside of the 21 and 25 degree irons being too hard to hit for me, and the 29 being iffy. And also the overall length of the long irons felt a little longer to me than they have through other brands. With that being said, those are my only issues with the clubs. They truly are fantastic irons.

With this and an earlier post by Mizzie in mind I threw my PW SCOR sub in. I hit it great, the dispersion is much tighter than with the Wilson when I'm swinging well so it stays for now. I do wonder what it would be like to hit a hogan middle iron. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Seriously without ever hitting a scor club, but taking into consideration everything you guys are saying as well as the companies history, it sounds like they are very similar clubs.

Honestly this is the easiest way I can put this set of clubs. Every loft of iron that you are able to make consistent contact with shares the same characteristics through the set. So if you're the type of player that can strike a 5 iron through lob wedge, those upper irons will feel and react exactly like the short irons that you know and love.

Where my striking abilities dwindle are really in the 21 and 25 degree irons. I have a different experience with them and thus am looking to replace those. But as of recently from the 29 down they all feel and perform exactly the same, just with different distances and slightly different trajectories.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I to would have liked to tested these irons out. For me, all the reviews I've read about SCOR in general, I am just to skeptical on how good these clubs really are. As much as it is ok to read all the positives, nothing can be totally positive. I want to see what you DIDN'T like about them. I am patiently waiting for some SCOR wedges to pop up in the numbers I need. There is just no way for me to buy them new, especially with the value of my Canadian money going down the tubes.

It took me 3 months looking on eBay before I found a set of 3 SCOR wedges that I wanted....so be patient and pull the trigger when you find them.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I think it's the sole, I love the turf interaction. I had issues with the wedges at first because I was so used to engaging a more traditional bounce, that's in the past though.

Maybe the way for me to attack Hogans might be one at a time. Get a 40, if I hit that well (I will) get a 36 and so on until I can't hit it. That would spread the cost over time. I may end up with only the Wilson 5 iron in the bag or perhaps the 5 and 6. I'm dying to see what that sole is like on a mid iron and also what graphite shaft they would recommend.

I think I will return the Renegar wedge and use the credit on my card to buy a Hogan 40. You guys suck you know. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

We don't type in those credit card numbers... Only inspire the confidence to do so! :P

I'd be really curious to hear how your phone conversation goes with the Rev. I think given your circumstances it would be very interesting to hear how they approach it and what their final recommendation is.

And that makes sense really. The only extra cost is paying the shipping for each club when you order, but to spread the cost out and to save yourself from spending unnecessary money it makes sense.

I would actually also like to hear what Hogan's response is when you ask them to compare the Scor clubs to the Hogans. And to see if they can provide any justification on owning a set of Hogan's over the Scor's.

And your right! The V sole is really one of the major stars of the show here. The versatility is truly unmatched! I can tell you that the forgiveness and turf interaction (lack of digging being one of the top benefits) that the sole provides is awesome.

Rev we all expect pictures of your Hogan(s) when you get them! Haha.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Yes Rev, they do suck! :) Big time suck.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Nice jobs Edmund and Mike! Some very helpful insights. Thanks!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Great review Mike Z, very interesting seeing the launch monitor data and such a distance gap between some of those! I wonder what would be the cause for that.

For me I guess I havent noticed a odd distance gapping situation like you have noticed. It'll be interesting to see if any of the other testers have seen similar things.

WITB:

Archived