TESTERS WANTED! ×

FORUM MEMBER REVIEWS! Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 Irons/TK15 Wedges

Hey guys!

This post is a little later in the day than I hoped, but I had a busy day and just now got around to getting my information put together.

So this afternoon I went to my instructor for a gap test and a fitting on the upper end of my bag. As I've mentioned before, while I was there I had my Hogan lofts checked and then adjusted however is necessary. Here is where my specs came out. What is so interesting to me is how different my results are to Rookies. Some food for thought.

21*- 21* measured.

25*- 24* measured.

29*- 29* measured.

33*- 33* measured.

37*- 36* measured.

41*- 41* measured.

45*- 44* measured.

49*- 50* measured.

53*- 54* measured.

57*- 58* measured.

61*- 63* measured.

Pretty tight tolerances. Outside of the 61 coming in 2 degrees weak, everything was very much acceptable to me. While I was there I had them adjust everything to the stated lofts just to have everything fine tuned, as well as had the wedges bent 2* flat based on my ball flight and my performance on the launch monitor. My old gamers (Edel wedges) were 2* flat, and after comparing them side by side with the Hogans we felt it was a necessary adjustment.

What is so interesting is how deadly accurate these clubs are. We would pick target distances with the wedges and I was hitting them within a yard of the distance with plenty of zip.

Another thing that a lot of you guys will enjoy? The guys there made an off comment about how my instructor had listened to a gentleman with the last name Snell speak once at a convention. They were talking about blending teachings from all of the different teachers and the important people in the industry into the way they do things. So I reached into my bag and handed him a Snell My Tour Ball, and all three of the guys working about flipped out. They immediately started asking questions on the performance and we talked for awhile about them, about the fantastic pricing and performance and about the things that Dean has done in the industry.

Then for fun, and since we were testing my wedges, we put it in direct comparison to a Pro V1 on their launch monitor. My first two strikes? I picked up 2,000 (!!!) revs of spin! We tested them side by side for the rest of the time, and repeatedly I had significantly more spin, distance and launch angles with the Snell My Tour Ball.

Just a little side story!

Also, another thing we realized is the efficiency of using the C Taper shaft in the wedges instead of a lighter wedge flex shaft (say a DG Spinner like what is on my Edel's.)

We found that fuller swings allowed for a much better contact and ball flight compared to the lighter DG shaft, and that strike was more consistent, with tighter dispersion as well as better control over the ball.

It wasn't anything revolutionary. But the consistency of the shafts running completely through the set ended up being a big deal.

Very pleased.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shawn those are pretty good tolerances in my experience. Another solid update on your part.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Yep, what Undershooter said Mr Galecki.(read Sschaffer24)  Another great update you are truly the consummate overachiever and I'm glad to know you even if it is from a distance on these forums.  Maybe one day if the stars align we'll have a hit together. 

Not sure about those spin numbers though.  I must be just hitting my wedges sweet at the moment but I hit a 70 yard pitch with my 60 degree Vokey today and landed it about a foot past the pin and sucked it off the green again today with a Pro V1X.  It pitched and stopped about 5ft past then backed up like a demon.  It was into an up slope so that assisted but again a sure fire par turned into sucky bogey.  It seems it won't be an issue for a while because Snell don't seem to ship their balls to Australia, might have to make a friend and get them to send me a dozen to try <_>

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Great job Sean but I have to be a bit sceptical on those spin numbers as well. I play Dean's ball and I'm a pretty good ball striker. It's a great ball but there's no way it spins 2,000 RPMs better than a Pro Vi on well hit shots. In fact on a part shot my money would be on the Pro VI by a nose. I believe the My Tour Ball spins a tad bit better than the Pro VIx but again it's a nose. We are talking a small spread between those three balls.

The point is that the My Tour Ball quacks like a duck but costs like a turtle dove. It's an unreal value for a ball that performs right there with other top performing balls.

Back to the irons I would agree that those are acceptable and normal tolerances. But refresh our memory, how much did the session and adjusents cost? The question on the Hogans is going to come back to price and if you know that there is the orobability of and additional price at that price it's not a good thing.

I've edited this because I did have a question for Sean - where your actual yardage results reflective of normal gaps between clubs - another words before the change were you at approximately 12 yard increments between clubs? 

In the end that's what counts isn't it - a somewhat consistent gap between each of our clubs - we may have a larger gap at either end of the bag (I do between my two bottom clubs others do somewhere at the top end).  But those gaps are intentional to cover some other part of the game -

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I agree with Rev. All tour balls are somewhat similar to me with wedge spin. Maybe 1000 rpm difference from ball to ball in my experience. Except for possibly the Nike RZN black. Its about the only tour ball I can't get to spin back 15-25 feet.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

First off, thanks again for all of the well wishes. I'm just trying to give everyone here as complete of a picture as I can.

Before I answer your questions Rev (I'm happy to, by the way) I want to point something out. The 2,000 more revs are something that I know without a shadow of a doubt aren't typical. I'm not trying to come on the board and make the claim that the Snell spins 2k more revs than then Pro V1 consistently, and instead trying to point out that at that time, in those conditions and with the strikes I was putting on the ball (which admittedly I felt were good across the comparisons made) those were the results I got.

First swing on the Snell ball and my instructor practically fell out of his chair. Second strike I had the same spin gap. I had been hitting ProV1's with the same club into the net for about 10-15 shots and was averaging the same spin number. Once I switched to the Snell my average jumped by 2k and stayed there. I don't believe this is typical. I DID however see it with my own eyes. He showed me the numbers, and we were both blown away. 

Again. I know it's atypical. And not probably an effective difference on the course, but in that testing, I truly was seeing the difference on THOSE strikes. Which, once again, FELT like they were consistent between the different balls. Remember, I wasn't going into yesterday trying to do ball testing. We just did it on a whim while we were doing my wedge lessons.

Now to answer your questions Rev.

The session and adjustments cost me $30 for all. We were doing a fitting for the top end of my bag (hybrids and fairway) and because of that mixed with the gap testing, he only charged me for the adjustments. For the record, I didn't end up purchasing anything as of yesterday, but we have a few options in mind. Just need further testing. Honestly after comparing my Hybrid and the others with the 25* iron, I was getting very similar numbers out of the two clubs. A little more consistency out of the hybrids I was testing, but considerably less feel. Man do these irons feel good. I keep coming back to that in my mind.

Something else to be upfront about here, my instructor didn't charge me for the session. That was partially him probably cutting me a break (don't know for sure) and partially the store taking care of me for being a returning customer. I drive 1.5 hours each way for my lessons, so they try and take care of me as best they can. Awesome people to work with.

And second, yes. The yardage gaps were very consistent between clubs. Hitting my 25 I was getting within 2-3 yards of carry distance with each shot. Some were complete shanks and we discounted those. But for the majority of the strikes the yardage was very consistent.

I saw that through the rest of the bag. The best part about these clubs is being able to pick a yardage and just throw a dart right at it. The feel and consistency out of these things is just amazing. I find that within a reasonable strike pattern, these irons are just ridiculously consistent. No hyperbole.

Let's put it this way. My instructor is thinking about becoming Hogan certified. These guys have it figured out.

And yes, I was very happy with my lofts on the irons. Very close to spec, with one only a couple of degrees out. Which as the guys at the shop said, could have easily happened with play. 

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I just want to hit on this again very briefly. I know the number I said about the spin is ridiculous. Everyone reading this who knows golf balls and launch monitors is probably a little skeptical of what I'm saying. I would be as well. I can promise everyone this though. On that day, with those golf balls, with those wedges and with my strikes (probably 10-15 before the Snell with the Pro V1 and then another 15-20 with the Snell afterwards) I genuinely saw those numbers. It's amazing. But true.

Just want to give another two cents on that. Haha.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Very good thanks - I do appreciate the answers - I want to be clear on one thing - had you not gone for the gapping you would never have known that the clubs were off at all - you had consistent yardage gaps before anything was tweaked.

Is that correct?

I bring that up because most golfers have some differences in loft/lie between clubs.  I think they only become noticeable when there is a gapping issue. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Shawn The ball thing may be due to it being a good match for you and your equipment. I was a dyed in the wool Pro V fan until a few months ago. this young assistant Pro I have been mentioring some ended up with 3 Srixon Soft Feels and gave them to me. Now I will admit I did like the Srixon Z-Stars in the past. Loved the feel and performance. that got me into the softer feeling ball thing. One day I found a Bridgestone Treo Soft and played it. fell in love with it. Ended up playing in a charity scramble and won some gift cards to Golfsmith. Went over there and they had the Treo Softs on sale for $14 a dozen and with a further $20 discount card I had I got 4 dozen basically free. I also had a gift card for the pro shop where we played the tournament and they are a T-mag dealer so I got 1 dozen Aeroburner Softs and a glove. The Aeroburner Softs are also a good ball. now I am not going to make any outrageous distance claims here but I got maybe 3 yards more with the softer balls and a lot more control with the wedges. Yep there is something to the ball fitting thing too. Sounds like those Snell balls with the combo of the Hogan irons works well for you

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Stu - have you ever tried the TM Project A balls?  Very soft feeling ball that is fairly inexpensive.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Ah Rev. You really bring out the little things that I forget to point out. But the points that I feel are so important.

Let me answer that question. Yes! My distance gaps were fine, were all there and intact, and really didn't need adjustment.

I did the bending for a few reasons. First off having a little stronger loft on the irons isn't a bad thing for me at all. I'm not a long ball hitter, and having them be true to loft and simultaneously getting a little stronger through the set should keep my distances in check (roughly) and still give me a little extra push on that end. I know in the longer irons some got a degree weaker, but that was merely to help get some added height.

The next reason. This is purely because I'm a neat freak. But if you look at how they measured versus how they were labeled, the biggest gap (on the 61) was really the only one I felt I wanted to change. But here was my conundrum. If I bent the 61 (really 63) to 61 then left my 57 at 58 there would only be a 3 degree difference. So I thought about just lining those three clubs up to spec and leaving the rest, but then just decided for the little money it would cost me it would be worth it to ME to have the clubs dead on and also a little stronger in combination.

I also had the four wedges bent to 2 degree flat based on my ball flight through the launch monitor and my swing coach. So It was basically something I did personally for me, and to make me feel comfortable.

I fully believe had Rookie never mentioned his lofts, and had the lofts not been a discussion on this thread I probably would have left them where they were and gamed these irons with NO issue whatsoever. Because as everyone can see, these were pretty much dead on, and based on any tolerance that clubs can have, they were basically "on spec". 

And Stu, I agree. This ball just feels fantastic to me. There's no way around it. I think that the mental side of something really has a huge performance on how you produce with the equipment. That could contribute as well.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Interesting video on the Hogan Company on Vimeo --

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Love the video.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That video is so badass. Terry Koehler seems like the type of guy you could have an amazing conversation with.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Anybody got any extra $1,500 they can send my way.....would love to put these babies in my bag!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Anybody got any extra $1,500 they can send my way.....would love to put these babies in my bag!

Gosh - I've only got a spare $1,400 -- will that help?  B)

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That video is so badass. Terry Koehler seems like the type of guy you could have an amazing conversation with.

Imagine what would happen if you got Terry Koehler and Dean Snell in a room together...  :o :o :o

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Imagine what would happen if you got Terry Koehler and Dean Snell in a room together...  :o :o :o

Would be more fun to get TK and David Edel in a room together to talk about bounce...that would be a hoot!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Would be more fun to get TK and David Edel in a room together to talk about bounce...that would be a hoot!!!

I really think that Bounce is a non factor ever since I switched to SCOR wedges.  They are set up with a V sole, which is also used by Mizuno and Cobra on the irons.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I think Bounce is huge, and the V-sole provides the right amount of bounce for the different shots you can do with the SCORs.  I attribute that to a big improvement in my short game.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

HI guys -- wanted to share some information with you all...

I reached out to Hogan about a week or so ago regarding Rookie's loft questions, just to let them know what what going on.  Needless to say, they were surprised and concerned.

What they'd like to do is provide each of our testers with a no-charge shipping label to return their irons to Ft. Worth for loft verification and, if need be, correction.  According to Hogan, 1 degree off is not acceptable.

It's important to note that machines, like scales, may read differently, particularly an "eyeball" type machine vs. a digital machine, which is what Hogan uses.  There's also something called "resting angle," which could differ from machine to machine - and the fact that 9 of 11 of Rookie's club were two degrees strong begs the question, so they'd like to be able to compare readings and machines. 

Anyway, I think this is an interesting next step, especially after Sschaffer had his lofts checked earlier this week and they came back pretty much on spec....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

A few things here.

First, if Dean Snell, David Edel and Terry Koehler were to have an open discussion on golf together, imagine what it would be like to just be a fly on the wall... Those are three men that over the last couple of years have really become an extreme influence on my golf perspective.

Somehow, someway Barbajo I charge you with making this happen!

As for the lofts, I'm in a bit of a predicament. While I would be more than happy to participate in sending these back, I don't know if I feel the need. Having mine all just bent to the correct lofts makes me feel as though they are already on spec. Thoughts here guys? I'm curious to hear what the board members think I should do.

One interesting concept. Imagine if Hogan offered this to their customers. Not only a guarantee on the lofts being on spec from the factory. But maybe a once yearly "spec check" to guarantee a precise loft and lie fit for their customers. Now THAT would speak precision, and fall in place with their whole branding. Imagine being a customer and sending them back free of charge during the offseason to just guarantee everything is on point. If you noticed a distance gap you could talk to customer support and they could work out how they need to adjust the lofts, you could talk trajectory and misses to determine if the lie needs adjusted.

I think Hogan is on to something here...

Now what to do. As of now, I'm leaning towards no. Had I not just had them checked however...

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Well definitely some good discussion about these clubs. While I'm sure they are good irons i cannot see them taking my wilson staff irons out of the bag anytime soon. I do find my Scors thicker looking than my mack daddy 2's at address but if they perform for me like they have for some of you i can overlook it

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Brodeur,

It's one of those deals where if the stars align these things can really sing. Your feelings and impressions of the wilsons are obviously important, but if you grow to love your scors like some of us have gotten with our Hogans, then it will be nearly impossible to not want that through the rest of your bag.

Here's the deal. I've never once looked at these clubs and thought to myself "wow, these sure are ugly" or "man the top line is so think!" Or " so much offset!" But with that being said, my experience with these kind of clubs are more limited than some.

Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Barbajo. I have found that indeed any loft or lie machine can vary in how you are looking at it and you do have to pay attention to how the club is fixed into the machine. I also check manually the old school way with a protractor gauge. And I will agree that two people reading a manual machine may see the numbers differently. I have a friend of mine's S-58 Pings that he bought site unseen off of fleabay and boy are those things screwed up on lofts and lies. I have had to check them 3 or 4 times and to beat all someone at one time drilled the hosels to 370 from 355 taper and then shimmed and put the original Stock Ping shafts back in to sell them and so far on 3 of the clubs the shafts were not even centered. If I ever get back into the business full time I will have a digital loft and lie machine costs be dammed!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Bottom line is Hogan is responding to the concerns and trying to make whatever is "wrong" right.  That's customer service was a capital C.  I'm with Foz but you know what I'll take the $1,400 Barbajo and I think I might find the other $100 somewhere.

In the SCOR days you would talk directly to Terry if you had a question.  My guess is that Hogan will get bigger than that pretty quickly if it's not already but he's makes a very strong first impression. 

I don't think that Foz meant that bounce is dead.  I think that he means that the day of needed to buy multiple bounce wedges (different bounces for each wedge bagged) is a thing of the past.  I agree.  Bounce is important but it's pretty clear that you can achieve multiple bounces through the bag with one sole and very little manipulation by the player necessary.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Brodeur,

It's one of those deals where if the stars align these things can really sing. Your feelings and impressions of the wilsons are obviously important, but if you grow to love your scors like some of us have gotten with our Hogans, then it will be nearly impossible to not want that through the rest of your bag.

Here's the deal. I've never once looked at these clubs and thought to myself "wow, these sure are ugly" or "man the top line is so think!" Or " so much offset!" But with that being said, my experience with these kind of clubs are more limited than some.

Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

Possibly, but why would I go and make a personal loan to buy clubs when I bought my Wilson's online for $250 and they were practically new as well as the best feeling irons I've ever hit?  ;) They perform and I'm satisfied -'nuff said.

I don't like a thick topline. It's just preference. Just like a blade looks too thin, a tick topline is not appealing to me. The Scor wedges feel really good, better than the Callaway's I had but I can tell you for a fact that they do not feel as good as my v2's. Close, but not enough. Even the MP-R12's I had from Mizuno do not feel as good. Bold statement I know but I stand by my comments  :D

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Id love to hear some feedback on what the other testers are considering. I'm still on the fence about sending mine back. And that's strictly because I just then all tuned to the right loft.

I do think it's fantastic that these guys are willing to do that for us. That has to show something to this board. Talk about service.

And Foz, if Barbajo ponies up $1,400 for you, I'll cover the other $100 to get a set of these into your hands... 😋

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Boy did I come into this late!  Barbajo is offering coin and I missed out and it looks like Rev has scooped it up.  That sucks bigtime :mad: 

That Hogan has offered to check the lofts is as the Rev has said customer service with a capital "C" and in the spirit of testing and getting the optimal results I think sending them back to Hogan is a no brainer.  If we don't it's a bit like making a complaint and then turning your back when an offer to make it right is refused.  Sschaffer you still have your I25's yes? I know it's not the same but you can use them for a couple of weeks while they gently caress and pamper your clubs as only Hogan can. they'll be in good hands buddy but I know how you feel.  Bravo Hogan! :)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Archived