TESTERS WANTED! ×

FORUM MEMBER REVIEWS! Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15 Irons/TK15 Wedges

Maybe I'm just playing the devil's advocate here. If you're going to offer clubs in every loft, they should be on point. Better customer service would be checking them before they get sent out.

Offering to fix the issue by having them sent back is a nice gesture, but it's not practical. Most guys can take them to someone they trust and have them checked and bent to where they need to be. It's a big inconvenience for guys that have spent $2000 on them and would be without them for at least 2 weeks.

Still, good to see that they are making an attempt and I'm sure they'll have the kinks worked out quickly.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jbil I would agree if they had been paid for but these were free sets offered to do the testing with.  I think Hogan will have taken this issue on board and it won't happen again, as well as the fact there would be more than one red face in Fort Worth for sending clubs to a well known and respected tester such as My Golf Spy with lofts that were off.  I dare say their quality control department will be working over time to ensure it doesn't happen again to any one.  If I was a tester that had doubts about the lofts on my irons or a customer with the same doubts and had an offer from the manufactuer knowing they had a digital checker, it would be a no brainer.

I also am thinking that Hogan with their selling point "presicion is back" would want that reputaion confirmed in spades.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Maybe I'm just playing the devil's advocate here. If you're going to offer clubs in every loft, they should be on point. Better customer service would be checking them before they get sent out.

Offering to fix the issue by having them sent back is a nice gesture, but it's not practical. Most guys can take them to someone they trust and have them checked and bent to where they need to be. It's a big inconvenience for guys that have spent $2000 on them and would be without them for at least 2 weeks.

Still, good to see that they are making an attempt and I'm sure they'll have the kinks worked out quickly.

I totally understand where you are coming from but like the previous reviewers said there were circumstances that probably led to this happening. The fact that they are willing to fix the issue speaks volumes because I could not imagine a Tmag or Callaway doing that for their customers. Yes they are expensive and yes it should not have happened but it did and they company admits the fault. Let's move on.....

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Just to comment on one thing here.

Since we are getting into the specifics of a loft/lie machine and calibration and so on (over most if not all of our heads I'm sure) let's leave the logistics of that out.

And let's just remember that my lofts when measured at my lessons were either dead on, or within a degree of the stated loft on every club except for the 61. It was off 2 degrees.

Now, I know that ideally we would all receive irons that are all on point loft wise. And maybe we (myself specifically) did. Keep in mind guys, loft and lie on club can and will move with impact. My fitter didn't think it was a big deal at all that they had moved, and actually said that he felt they were very much on point.

My point is this. Having two sets of numbers to compare (mine and Rookies) one was off (Rookies) one was on (mine) mine are now bent to the stated loft. Even though truly it wasn't necessary.

I think to focus on the numbers without considering the whole picture is just incorrect, and doesn't reflect the scope of the golf industry. I'd be curious to have someone else who hasn't had their lofts checked on their clubs take their gamers to have the lofts checked versus what they're supposed to be and report back with where they came in.

With that being said. Here's where I am with this. Having just had these all adjusted by someone I trust (and fully expect to be my fitter/swing instructor for the foreseeable future) and knowing they're on spec, I think I'm going to pass on sending them back. They were close enough to begin with, but as of now they're exactly where I want to be and I feel sending them to have them verified would just be redundant.

I'm curious to hear what other testers suggest.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Back at MBrodeur -

First and foremost what the club feels like, looks like and performs like for you is all that matters end of story. 

Second and this is the crux of this entire thread what's the value of the product.  The fact is that you are going to shell out $1,500 plus for a set of 8 Hogans and no doubt more because you'll want your wedges from them too.  Let's just agree that they are great clubs.  The question is are the 1,250 better than the Wilson's that you are already gaming and playing well with?

Generally speaking though Hogan is not going after the guy who will find a set of clubs for $250.  They are going after the player who lays out 1,000-1,200 every other year on a set of nice forged irons from Mizuno or one of the other OEMs.  So the question for them is can than lure away enough of those customers to make a solid profit.  Only they know what enough is. 

I will try a Hogan middle iron at some point but in the end the max number of Hogan clubs that I would purchase would be 5 (more than likely 4 though if I were to switch.) 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'd love to see another forum members input on these clubs. It would seriously be awesome if one of you guys who are on the fence could get some swings in with some and give us a mini review. I'd like to hear another perspective for sure!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Back at MBrodeur -

First and foremost what the club feels like, looks like and performs like for you is all that matters end of story. 

Second and this is the crux of this entire thread what's the value of the product.  The fact is that you are going to shell out $1,500 plus for a set of 8 Hogans and no doubt more because you'll want your wedges from them too.  Let's just agree that they are great clubs.  The question is are the 1,250 better than the Wilson's that you are already gaming and playing well with?

Generally speaking though Hogan is not going after the guy who will find a set of clubs for $250.  They are going after the player who lays out 1,000-1,200 every other year on a set of nice forged irons from Mizuno or one of the other OEMs.  So the question for them is can than lure away enough of those customers to make a solid profit.  Only they know what enough is. 

I will try a Hogan middle iron at some point but in the end the max number of Hogan clubs that I would purchase would be 5 (more than likely 4 though if I were to switch.) 

This just goes to show what is wrong with the sport to begin with. Do club makers need to put a premium on their equipment to justify them being good? We complain, we start blogs about the decline of the game as well as golfers in general, discuss the rising costs of playing golf YET we justify paying $2000 on a set of irons and say "oh well, they are Hogans so they are worth it". No equipment is worth that kind of money imo. I believe my Wilsons were $899 new - That's crazy too. If you or anybody else for that matter want to pay that kind of money you are certainly entitled to do so and I won't judge - not my place. I buy equipment on ebay because I have to, not because I want to. I can't afford or justify paying that kind of money and even if I could - I wouldn't. Golf needs to be affordable to the masses so that courses can stay open. We are losing the sport to greed. I am more than happy to buy a practically new set on ebay for 1/4 of the cost, if need be, take them to someone and get them adjusted. Still way ahead of the ballgame in terms of price - Still getting the same performance. No brainer really  ;)

As for performance, yes my Scor's are good clubs. I have no doubt from the reviews here that the Hogans are good clubs. From my experience, using the wedges vs my Wilsons, the Wilsons feel better. They just do. I don't want to mess with something that works. The Hogans are already popping up on ebay. Maybe when it's time to get new irons I will go that route. 

My bag is full of equipment that even 3 years ago I would have never dreamed of playing. My purchases have come strictly on reviews from awesome members like you Rev. This site has had a huge impact on my game. I just don't understand some of the logic in pricing from these guys as well as other companies. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Brodeur,

This article is totally worth giving a read.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/golf-equipment-is-too-damn-cheap/

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Shot a 78 today with a weird issue going on with my thumb/wrist hurting. Not sure what I did, it was hurting when I got up this morning. I had to really roll my left hand strong to alleviate it to where it was playable. the hogans performed for me again. I putted pretty well today and had to get up and down a few times on par 3's, but I parred 5 of 6 (2 were up and downs, the other 3 I hit the green and 2 putted, one being a 6 foot birdie I missed that's the longest par 3 in the course at 205 I hit the 25 on. Only bad putt I hit was from off the green. Was a 60 footer with 25 feet of fairway between my tee ball and the green. I figured I'd lag it up and make the birdie putt. Fairway grass slowed it down a lot more than I expected. Looking back I should've hit a chip with the 53 or the 49 and rolled it up. Oh well. I did hit a lot of my targets and tee balls with the driver cost me a handful of strokes.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

@MBrodeur - Like anything they are worth what they get for them, not what we would pay for them.  I wouldn't pay $1,500 for a set of irons because I can't afford it - If I could I might but it's not really a relevant question for me to consider.

Your Wilson's are a good value for you - don't begrudge someone else another set of clubs because they've determined that's how they will spend their money.  That's capitalism, it's how the system works.  You are correct that it doesn't necessarily make your clubs inferior to their clubs but if someone has it and wants to spend it - that's his business.

Golf can be played at a wide variety of price points - You can go to second swing golf or ebay and pick up a set pretty inexpensively, play at the local par 3 for very little money and be a golfer - you can go buy custom Murias, reshaft your woods with $1,000 shafts, belong to a course with a 40K buy in and 25K a year dues - you're a golfer too -

I'm a homeowner, so is another resident in the Tampa Bay area named Derek Jeter - His Master Bedroom Suite is larger and worth more than my fairly typical 2,000 SF 4 bedroom/2 bath house.  I'm happy with what I have and so is he.  (I think he is at least.)

The secret is to be happy with what you have.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Okay a question for Rookie and perhaps our other testers.  Are you having trouble deciding what club to chip with?  I run into that issue in a big way when I have my 44 SCOR in - when it's out NP I chip with the 48 or the 53 (the 60 if I'm in heavier rough.)  I get a bit confused with that third option.

Any comments or thoughts?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev - no issues at all with chipping. I use from the 46 on down to the 58 depending on how much carry to roll I am looking for. I actually find it fairly easy to chip with the 58 which has never been something I was comfortable with. Still having issues from the sand but that is for another time.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Rev, great point!

To answer your question I chip with anything ranging from a 49-61. Mostly the 61. I like to play a spinner chip that bites rather than a chip and run most of the time! But I don't have any issues at all!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Okay a question for Rookie and perhaps our other testers.  Are you having trouble deciding what club to chip with?  I run into that issue in a big way when I have my 44 SCOR in - when it's out NP I chip with the 48 or the 53 (the 60 if I'm in heavier rough.)  I get a bit confused with that third option.

Any comments or thoughts?

My selection will depend on what I'm looking at. If I have nothing but fairway in front of me and the pin is in the back of the green, I will use my 55 or even my 51 de-loft them and hit low runners to the pin. If I've got an obstruction like a bunker or a hill in front of me, I will use the 59 and hit a high flop if the pin is close or a chip and roll by picking a spot I want to land it on and get it to roll up to the pin. 

I know my Dad use to use an 8 iron but I've tried and can't.

@Sschaffer24, read that and like you would expect - I don't agree with it. Here's why. How much does 1 company have to make? Seriously, how much? It's incredible. Microsoft makes millions almost by the hour while selling a dvd and a sticker for $149-$199 and than gets irritated when someone downloads a copy of it for free on the net. Why not sell the product at $50. You will make as much and of course there will always be someone who wants it for free but I would rather pay than take a chance and get caught. Bill Gates is worth so much money he could buy everything on the planet - twice! So how much does one need? Yes like Rev said, that's capitalism but maybe, just maybe capitalism is the problem.  

@Rev, I understand what you mean. It is certainly not my place to judge anyone with what they do with their money - that is their choice. I'm worried that we are all going to lose golf and golfers because of these ridiculous prices. People are just going to turn to something more affordable and when all the golf courses are closed, ask me again what I am really complaining about.

Sorry for hijacking this thread let's please get back on the subject. I do wish the guys and the Hogan company all the best with what they are doing. As you can see from my bag, I truly love to support the underdog whenever I can. 

I hate to get totally off the beaten path here but you I know plenty of guys who are very good golfers who buy their clubs off the rack, never think twice about it and go out and shoot even. I know one guy like that who struggles to remember which hits the ball farther his G, W, L or S wedge. :)

Sometimes I'd like to wrap one of his totally misfit clubs around his head!

Oh and the worst part of it is that everything in his bag is at least five years old.

Oh the shame!  I'm going to have to go shopping.  My irons, as of last week, are five years old.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

No, no issues but I've also never had a primary club or clubs for chipping. I chip with anything from the highest lofted club in the bag to a 3 wood depending on what the shot calls for or what I want to do with it and course conditions. Our bent is dying on the home course (the greens are 30+ years old and packed tight regardless of how much they aerate and sand so the roots get very little flow. They were watering both by hand and with the sprinklers today to try and cool them.) so with that said, today lots of times I would carry it most of the way to the flag and used higher loft. Sometimes I'll chip with lower loft to treat it more like a putt. It just depends on the course, course conditions and what I'm feeling about the shot as to what I chip or pitch with.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Thanks guys, my issue is that if you give me choices I sometimes will over think it. With my old set up it was simple, differening bounces meant the lie dictated the club. When I don't have my 44 SCOR in I have three choices from a good lie, long chip, 48, short chip, 53, lots of fringe 4 hybrid, rough, 60. No brainers because the face on the Wilson's are way too hot to chip with. Throw that 44 in though and I'm constantly second guessing whether its a 48 or 44. I think it's a me issue but was just curious.

MBrodeur I don't think you are thread jacking. Your comments cause us to think about value. That's important. I can over think my bag too, you are making me ask myself whether it's a want or a need to purchase Hogan irons when I currently have two sets of irons that I've broken 70 with sitting around the house. I have a third set thatI just put in the bag because I'm sick of looking at the C100's. So we will see how the Rocket Bladz do, I love those Aerotech i80s anyway.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Small update here guys...

I played 36 holes over the weekend, and neither day was one of my better ball striking days. I hit my Hogans decent, but not flush repeatedly. But still managed two decent rounds.

My strikes were missing toward the low side of the face, and I ended up hitting a few shots thin because of that.

Here's the beautiful thing about this though. Time and time again while playing over the last two days, I would swing the club, mishit the ball, have a mini stroke because I expected to lose 10-15 yards of distance, only to see the ball carry and behave very simIlar to a well struck s***. The big difference would be the trajectory and lack of curvature on the thinner misses.

Man are these clubs forgiving. On two of my not so good ball striking days I still ended up with two of my better rounds of the year.

Wow!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Were you fit for your prior set of irons? 

Ping I25's correct?  I've hit those, they are pretty forgiving, so this is a remarkable result to me.  Keep up the good play.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

My chipping runs with my 8 iron (35*), SCOR 50*, 54* of 57*.

I mostly chip with the 50 or 54, depemding wheter I am running or not.  I use the 57* for shots over bunkers or full shots from 60 yards out.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My chipping runs with my 8 iron (35*), SCOR 50*, 54* of 57*.

I mostly chip with the 50 or 54, depemding wheter I am running or not.  I use the 57* for shots over bunkers or full shots from 60 yards out.

At this point I would revise that strategy and forget about any run outs. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

At this point I would revise that strategy and forget about any run outs. :)

There are most definitely no runouts......  You gotta throw everything to the pin.....and it will be that way for several weeks until the Sunshine can dry us out.

Hoping that the next 10 days will switch the weather pattern back to rainy, mostly in the afternoon.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Rev,

Yes I was fit by my instructor for the i25's. Went through the full process and really felt good going into my life with those irons. Comparatively speaking though, the Hogans are like night and day to the Pings. Such a better trajectory, more workable, more distance, similar (and at this point seemingly better) forgiveness. The list goes on.

I'm thrilled! And thank you for the well wishes. I just need to get these scores even lower! Haha. And so it goes!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

If only Hogan made drivers Shawn. :)

I was scheduled for a lesson today and shocked when my teacher called to say we were on.  (He's actually leased some space at an indoor golf center for the duration of this weather - at least two more days to get stuff back to usable) 

I'm bringing this up here because we got into irons, specifically my irons and how much I hate them.  I also brought a Rocket Bladz with the Aerotech shaft in it.  We were on a LM so we did some comparisons iron for iron and also 5 iron to 5 hybrid here's what we discovered:

There's very little difference between the Wilsons and the Rocket Bladz with a slight edge to the Wilsons.  In the end with Irons he actually made me feel quite good by saying, "You hit lots of shots on the center of the club face, more than any of my students except Alyssa ((she's the number one ranked Junior player in Florida) you can use whatever you want even a blade, why not go with a players club and jack the lofts there?"  So he'd be in favor of me replacing 9-6 iron with Hogans or something anything more playerish.

Now the 5 hybrid vs. the 5 iron was very revealing.  I do everything better with the 5 hybrid than the 5 iron except hit a fade - who cares, I hit about 2 fades a season with any club, only because I absolutely have to in order to escape trouble - if I have to curve it left to right with the hybrid I will, trust me - I can't speak to the quality of the shot but it will curve left to right. :) 

Wilsons in, 5 hybrid in, saving under way to pick up a 40, 36, 32, 28 Hogan per my instructor. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Im thrilled to hear it Rev! Man do I wish I had the striking pattern that you do. Even without that, I'm still gaming and loving these irons without any feelings of loss of forgiveness. I couldn't be happier with the clubs, and am very excited to hear what you have to say.

The other thing that I'm curious to finally hear some feedback from is how the HoganFit/over the phone fitting process goes for someone else!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

It will be a month or so - but I will let you know - the big thing will be matching to the SCOR shaft.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It will be a month or so - but I will let you know - the big thing will be matching to the SCOR shaft.

Take a look at the Recoil shaft.  Not sure how well they match up but they are a nice smooth shaft for me...and I have never even tried to play graphite in my irons.  Now I have a bag that has graphite in every club in the bag except my putter.

Also interesting on the hybrid versus 5 iron.  I carried two hybrids for years and a five iron on down since I just don't hit long irons well at all.  Last year I went with a 3 and 4 iron in the Adams DHYs and this year I just went with one long iron in a Tour Edge Cbh Pro 3 iron with a Fuji Fuel.  I hit the Tour Edge better than any long iron or hybrid that I have ever owned and it is great off the tee, fairway or rough.  Hit it into 18 yesterday from the drop area (tried to hit a fade off the tee and drove it into the middle of the lake) to six inches to save par.....from 237 yards.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Rev,

Did your instructor give you his reasoning as to why he wants you to use more of a player's type iron from 6-9? Just curious on what his thoughts are on it.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

JBill,

I think because he's gaming a 5 hybrid in place of the 5 iron and has the Scor up to his "8" iron. So those are his openings! If I'm not mistaken.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Been out of the lop for a while - me, my Hogans and three friends took golf trip.  Since being back I saw that Hogan had offered to check out any of our clubs if we wanted them to. 

I reached out, not because of lofts, but to see if they have any thoughts on the gap I have been dealing with.  While I don't have anything conclusive yet on that issue, there has been a phone call and several emails back and forth exchanging ideas and information.  I got asked for some new comparative data from my launch monitor and I had a really crappy day yesterday so I had no real new info to share.

I hope to have more info when we do follow-ups.  What I can say for now is that these folks are fanatical about golf and golf equipment and it shows.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

Archived