TESTERS WANTED! ×

Quik Pics of latest customer's putter, MiniMKGW

golfluvzme

I had a customer contact me via FaceBook and sort of give me the green light to create something for him, only specifying a plumbers neck, black finish and that it be "Special".

I took the last remaining "MANN" engraved head I had and sat with it for a spell, on a few occasions. Usually, the new shape will come to me while I just clear my head and look at what the CNC base head has to offer. It took longer than normal, but the case was made for a Mini, I got back ahold of the customer and the project went forward.

Here are some pics of the process, sort of. You can see how it looked in red marker, how it looked fresh from the cutting and how it stacks up, next to a stock head, after 99% of the smoothing of edges is done.

Check out the pics and comment anytime.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

PS, the "stock" head in these pics was already spoken for, that is why this one was my last "MANN" head.

Stock Head, as it begins the process.

2010_05260001.jpg

The new look, all RED'd up, LOL

2010_05260005.jpg

2010_05260007.jpg

2010_05260009.jpg

Mini roughed out and compared to the stock head.

2010_05260015.jpg

2010_05260013.jpg

2010_05260016.jpg

All smoothed out and ready for the next stage of getting the hosel fit and weight calculated.

2010_05260017.jpg

2010_05260018.jpg

2010_05260020.jpg

2010_05260026.jpg

The customer thinks that a Twisted and Sick hosel might be to his liking...................what do you all think?

I have sent him pictures and am waiting before I go much further.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

2010_05310018.jpg

2010_05310017.jpg

2010_05310019.jpg

2010_05310028.jpg

PS, If you think that the hosel looks familiar, you may be right. That is a Hi-Beam hosel designed and patented by Byron Morgan. He has been incredibly supportive of me and his friendship has been a huge part of why I keep going, on more than one occasion.

A twisted hi-beam - double wow! I think it looks good and you did a great job making the twist invisible at address.

One thing I noticed is that the mini-size from heel to toe makes the flange seem wider, at least in my vision.

Keep us posted, looks great!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

After some time in the drill press and some well-placed tungsten, we made a trip to the welder, yesterday.

I got her home, cleaned her up and now she is waiting for a little graffiti and we'll head to a black oxide dip.

Check out the pics and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

2010_06020002.jpg

2010_06020001.jpg

2010_06020022.jpg

2010_06020039.jpg

2010_06020037.jpg

2010_06020043.jpg

I didn't hide it as well on this one as some I have done. I had the welder use 308 SS rod for his TIG work and you can see the dots on the heel and toe, where the ports were welded over. I think it sets the putter apart from most and get a kick out of this look. The teaser pic shows a little of the heel dot and the toe dot looks much the same. No reason to go with the flow, when you put out something that is genuinely a one-off custom job, right?

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

• SPY VIP

Now I see the dot of tungsten on the heel. Love the creative idea. Very cool that your putters tell a story of creativity. As always, thanks for sharing them!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Here she is, all finished up and beautiful. The customer requested some "Color" in his fill, so I tried to keep it clean and classy, yet get that accomplished. It sits so nice behind the ball that it isn't even funny. A new batch of this head was just completed by our CNC shop, although it is standard sized, to start with. More of these will be available, as there is already a model of this one just made available through SSB Custom Garage. I believe it is going to be the "Rodanthe" in keeping with an Outer Banks theme for this group.

Let me know how you think she finished up and we'll keep putting out our best.

Thanks for the comments,

LaMont in AZ

2010_06160014.jpg

2010_06160009.jpg

2010_06160012.jpg

2010_06160011.jpg

2010_06160015.jpg

beautiful putter, Whats the headweight on it?

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

With the added tungsten, buried in the heel and toe caps, she scaled in at 346 grams. I was aiming for 350, but this was the max I could achieve. It would be possible with the new run to hit the 350 mark, as I did a slight redesign on the later model. It wouldn't be visible, in most cases, but some might pick up on it.

Thanks for the comments,

LaMont in AZ

:) Wow! Nice work Sir

"The more I practice the luckier I get" - Gary Player

R1, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
RBZ, 14.5, Matrix Black Tie 7M3 S flex
R11 17 & 22 Rescues, Motore F3 S flex
Rocketbladez Tour irons, 5 - PW,
ATV 50,54,Tour preferred 58 wedges
Daddy Long Legs 33-35"
Tour Preferred X

I love the look of this putter. Especially the uniqueness of the twisted hosel. I've never seen that before. I'm definitely a rookie when it comes to this custom one off stuff, and I'm wondering what something like that would set a guy back. I understand each order would be different, but just curious about a ballpark figure that I could set my sights on. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Archived