Tony Covey MGS

The OFFICIAL US Open Discussion Thread

mgsopen-lg.jpg

America's Championship is here.

Can Phil complete the career Grand Slam? Will Tiger survive into the weekend? What about Rory or one of the other young guns? Is there a darkhorse in the field? Is this Ian Poulter's year to shine?

It should be a truly fantastic four days for golf. Here's hoping a playoff makes it 5.

If what we're all hearing about Chambers Bay proves to be true, we'll have plenty to talk about over the next few days.

We invite you to join the conversation with other passionate golfers while having a chance to win one of more than a dozen really cool prizes will be giving away throughout the tournament.

Watch, discuss, and win. It's just that simple.

The Prizes:

prizes2.jpg

(see the http://www.mygolfspy.com for larger images)

• Like 8

i am giddy with anticipation. I was already fired up about the US Open, and now that we have an official thread, and a mysterious purpose to be explained tomorrow.

• Like 2

This is my my second favorite tourney to watch, it will be interesting to see the setup, and which players embrace it, and which ones fight it. Should be fun to watch

I'll be glued to my iPad at work tomorrow. Can't wait to find out!

Dare I be controversial?  From my point of view I think as far as prestige goes the British Open is the one followed by a bee's dick behind is the US Open.  Both are incredible tournaments and highly desirable when it comes to winning but both are played on totally different styles of course.  The British is of course links golf at its best in the style that it all began all that time ago in sunny Scotland.  The US is far more about target golf and hitting fairways and greens.  It is interesting to see this years US open on a links style course and what happens when the wind blows hard if it blows hard.

I'm really looking forward to watching to see who comes out on top.  There's so many great golfers taking part it's a hard one to make a call on.  Go the Aussies! :)

• Like 2

Psyched for the Open - so many storylines to follow!! Can Phil phinally do it? Will The Age of Rory firmly take hold? Is Jordan the "chosen one?" Will Rickie build on his Player's Title? Can the world take another major from Bubba? Is there a Kaymer-like Dark Horse out there? And what to make of Tiger?  

These things make majors fun.

Go Phil...

• Like 2

First the course- I have played this course and it's going to be awesome to see these guys play it. It is a very strange selection for the U.S. Open though. I believe we are going to see the players that play well in the British Open dominate this tournament.

I think Rose is in great form and usually plays well in majors. He also plays well in the British Open which this course is going to play very similar to.

Fowler is my next guy to watch. After his win he is playing well and very confident and he really enjoys links style golf.

Rory after his performance at his own tournament has me very unsure on what to expect. His distance is going to be an advantage on this course as he will be able to fly most of the trouble. His driver will determine his success this week.

Spieth and his putting will have him in the hunt. His success is going to depend on how well he putts from 5-15'

Tiger.... I have no idea

Phil I think will be in the mix and he will have a good shot considering this isn't a standard US Open course. This week might be his best chance to complete the career grand slam.

• Like 1

labworx-3.jpg

Contest has been announced. It's pretty straight-forward.

Watch, Discuss, Win.

We'll be giving away prizes throughout the tournament. The grand prize is a one-of-a-kind, Red, White, and Blue PING Ketsch putter from LABWORX.

• Like 5

I think this is going to be a cool open. I got my draftkings lineup all set...An, Kisner, Leishman, Martin, Matsuyama, McIlroy. We'll see how they do,  I was really torn between McIlroy and Rose.

This is the only US Open course that I have actually played and can't wait to see what happens when the pro's start playing for the cup.

• Like 1

Love the U.S. Open. I'm thinking Rose, Spieth, Koepka, Fowler, Phil and Tiger for top 6

• Like 1

This is great. Get to watch and talk about golf and win a prize. YES! US Open will be very interesting this year. Links golf and only 1 tree. Fairways will run like a pool table and the greens are hard and fast like a hardwood floor. Who will come out on top. The golfer that can keep his head straight and in the now. Take the course as it comes and what it gives you. Don't try and take more, don't be greedy. I'm oulling for Rickie to get his 1st but I do think this is what Tiger has been waiting for. Just wait and see. Have a great days of watching everyone. Good luck all. Thanks Myspygolf and all the company's that have put up all these great prizes.

Really looking forward to hearing how the pros like the course after the first round.  Plenty have voiced opinions beforehand, but if scores are low I wonder how the narrative will go.  As the promo says "These guys are good"  time to go out and show it.

• Like 2

I can't wait to see how everyone plays. I don't think Phil will win but he will definitely make a run at it. I'm putting my money on Bubba. It just looks like this course is set up for his style of play.

• Like 1

I'm super excited for this tournament to start. I'm curious to see how all of these course elements play out that I've seen all over social media. From the crazy greens to the rock hard fairways. I think we may see some MONSTER drives this week. I think who wins right now is a crap shoot. I had tons of trouble picking my fantasy lineup.

Where would you put the over/under betting line for longest drive of the week? 390?

• Like 1

Very excited for the tournament to begin! This pacific time zone is crushing me though!

I can honestly say I haven't been this geeked for a major not played in Augusta Georgia for a long time. Big fan of them playing on public courses! Also love the brown is the new green movement on courses!

Just looking through the lineup and there's a guy in there I used to play junior golf with- Andy Pope. Completely lost track of him ten plus years ago- very excited for him and hope he plays well!

• Like 1

Unreal anticipation for this event. Know I'm going to see some great golf. Looking forward to the great golf course, hoping the Fox coverage makes it fresh. Picks: Rickie, Jordan

• Like 2