Our Sponsors

Sh!t sign me up! I'm more than happy to put up an 85 in the open. I'd be playing golf on TV!

I would be ecstatic to put up an 85 on TV. But not the 125 I fear I would make. After watching Phl I wanted to play it. After watching Tiger not so much.

When I said I wanted to drive the ball like Tiger all those years ago, I didn't mean for him to come down to my level. Now all he needs to do is shorten his distance 100 yards and he will have done it.

• Like 2

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

America's Championship is here.   Can Phil complete the career Grand Slam? Will Tiger survive into the weekend? What about Rory or one of the other young guns? Is there a darkhorse in the field? Is

Next prize...    

I have now lost total respect for Billy Horschel. What a spoiled brat. Think about all the years of work this course and community has done to host this open and the people of the area and the fans an

Posted Images

I hope they don't change a thing at Chambers. I love this. It shows that even the best in the world can struggle. To hear guys like Garcia complaining about the greens (and they kinda look like what I'm playing on right now) is terrific. I don't want to see -26 win the tourney. I love it when the field can't break -10 under. 

The Dustin Johnson tee shot that mae it to the green and rolled all the way around the green to settle like 12 feet away was, for me, the shot of the day right there!

• Like 2

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

I think his course would suit my play, saying that, I think 90 would be a good score. I think I would have good holes, and bad holes, the problem is the good holes would be only pars, and the bad holes would be double or worse

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I used to live in Sheboygan and have played there a few times with some good scores but it's not a fun course. My pro said that if it were the only place he could play he'd quit golf and go skiing.

Hahahaha that's great! I actually love The Bull and consider it one of my favorites in Wisconsin. Probably played it five times and love it every time! Even drove up to play in a "big cup" tournament a few years back. Had a blast. Try and play it on the way up to Kohler or the UP any chance I get. Many people consider Nicklaus design courses stupid or way too difficult, but I really enjoy them. Harbor Shores in Michigan is another awesome Nicklaus design in the Northwoods.

• Like 1

The setup from what I can see is going to be tuff for everyone.  Creativity and a little luck is going to win this Major, oh and length, length will definitely help.   

Should be interesting to see how they all fair playing in reverse conditions today... Tiger and the afternoon guys should post some better numbers and DJ and the boys should be closer to par. Hopefully it equals everything out for the weekend.

60 and ties or 70 and ties make the cut?

That would be interesting - you know I made it to the semi finals the first year that they did the break 100 on a US Open course challenge - in the end I got bumped because my handicap was too low.  They were looking for someone around a 10.  It should be noted that when they played the break 100 round the tees were all the way back - they are never all the way back on every hole in a tournament - never - big championship courses stretch to 7,600 yards for variety's sake not to be played at that distance.  It gives the tournament committee options to test the player's thinking not to bludgeon them to death.

Three cheers for Luiten who got a mention from some of our international friends earlier in this thread.  With only a wife and 13 year old daughter left in the house I get up early on Saturday, sit quietly in my study, sip coffee, read the news online and watch the European tour.  He's one of my favorites.

I won't see as much today 2:00 tee time - the girls let me watch tons of golf yesterday but I'm suspecting they won't be so compliant today -

I edited this to jump in on Apprenti's Bull comment - it's a lovely course - but it is also just down the street from Black wolf run - I'm taking those courses for free (one of the super's was a member of my church) over the Bull for $100 every day - if you can imagine it I'd play one of the Black wolf courses 6-8 times a season for nothing along with an occasional trip to Whistling instead (same cost) normally Irish but I've played the Straits course - just never in the proper order or from the same set of tees throughout (he could get us on at Twilight and we would hole hop to catch the different holes - you can't tell what tee box you are going to when you cut through the mounds there  - not a happy moment when you hop in and see black.)

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

It's tough watching the golf when it's west coast Rev, I fell asleep around 11.30pm and woods was only 4 over I think ! Coverage started at 4.30pm - but first couple of ours were a bit heavy on chatter.

• Like 2

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Am I the only one who has immense respect for Tiger after all this? Far more than I ever did before. Can you imagine the mental fortitude it takes to continue to publicly display hacker golf as the once greatest player? Who else in the world wouldn't have just retired by now? It's almost like Michael Jordan with the Wizards, only far, far worse.

This dude has some brass balls.

• Like 1

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

I hear you Westy -  That's why I wrote 1 of the majors not all 4 - The bad one for me is the final round of your Open (the Open).  Yes, I can record it but the chances of one of my members not telling me what's happening before I head home from church is slim to none - I'm fortunate if I can catch the lost 4 or 5 holes live.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I kinda wanna play this course. It feels like the ultimate test of how drunk I could get before I throw my clubs in the ocean.

hahahahaha you win this thread diddy!

• Like 1

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

hahahahaha you win this threat diddy!

Mind you, I would deliberately throw those assholes in the drink. Unlike Tiger who does it on accident.

• Like 1

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Hahahaha that's great! I actually love The Bull and consider it one of my favorites in Wisconsin. Probably played it five times and love it every time! Even drove up to play in a "big cup" tournament a few years back. Had a blast. Try and play it on the way up to Kohler or the UP any chance I get. Many people consider Nicklaus design courses stupid or way too difficult, but I really enjoy them. Harbor Shores in Michigan is another awesome Nicklaus design in the Northwoods.

Harbor Shores is in the town that I grew up in, it opened just before I moved to South Carolina, my brothers do some steelhead fishing in the river just off the course.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Am I the only one who has immense respect for Tiger after all this? Far more than I ever did before. Can you imagine the mental fortitude it takes to continue to publicly display hacker golf as the once greatest player? Who else in the world wouldn't have just retired by now? It's almost like Michael Jordan with the Wizards, only far, far worse.

This dude has some brass balls.

I think you hit it square on the head. A lot of people seem to be looking at Tiger and laughing (as a society we seem to get pleasure out seeing people fail and in pain). He looks miserable out there. There is absolutely no joy for him in playing the game like there was at some point. It's very sad.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Really can't wait to see what day two has in store.  The course looks a little rough, but really tough.  The Fox coverage is so-so, but it's also their first, just need some time to workout the kinks.

Justin Rose just posted the pin placements on Instagram for Round 2. 

Notables: #12 is playing all the way up...about 40 yds shorter than yesterday (solely based on pin placement...no clue about the tee box). They could be playing a 285 yd par 4. 

There are 7 pins within 5 yds from the edge of a green. 

#14, the 520+ yd par 4...the pin is tucked 3 paces from the left edge, about 5 yds from the trap. Good grief. 

The pin on #1 is back left. If anyone watched the tourney, you'll know there's that giant swell to the left in which a ball that misses left rolls around 60 yds left of the green. 

The winds are supposed to remain calm today...around 6-9mph from the SW. I don't think we see the same number of red numbers today as yesterday, but I bet we see someone post another 65. The winds are forecasted to switch from SW to NE but remain in single digits all weekend. So much for the wind playing a factor. 

• :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week.