Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

America's Championship is here.   Can Phil complete the career Grand Slam? Will Tiger survive into the weekend? What about Rory or one of the other young guns? Is there a darkhorse in the field? Is

Next prize...    

I have now lost total respect for Billy Horschel. What a spoiled brat. Think about all the years of work this course and community has done to host this open and the people of the area and the fans an

Posted Images

Can't wait for this tournament.  Such a cool course.  I like the tradition of the old-school courses like Pinehurst and Oakmont and Marion, but it's a nice change of pace to see a relativley new, public course get the US Open.  

I also love that it's on the west coast... makes TV broadcase much better for east coast viewers.  Might go into prime time Saturday and Sunday nights! 

• Like 1

WITB (Nike Hybrid Carry):

Taylormade R1 Black Fubuki 60s

Nike VR Pro 3W 15* Project X 6.0

Adams Pro A12 3H 20* Aldila RIP Phenom S

Adams DHY 24* Matrix Ozik White Tie S

Adams CMB 5-PW KBS Tour C-Taper s-flex

Titleist Vokey SM5 52* True Temper Gold s200

Titleist Vokey SM4 56* True Temper Gold s200

Nike VR Pro Forged 60* True Temper Gold s400

Ping Cadence TR Ketsch 355g

Taylormade Lethal

Really looking forward to this event - the course looks incredible to me and I'm excited to see how it plays. What I hate is that the lack of control of the distance the ball travels (isn't that the USGA's job?) has lead them to having par 4's well over 500 yards.....lovely. Wouldn't it have just been easier to keep the distances in check via ball and club limits and keep the par 4's at 450?  Sorry - off my soapbox. 

Extremely excited for prime time golf for those of us on the east coast of the US. Will be great fun to stay up watching! 

Driver: Ping G30 - Oban Isawa - Stiff

3 Wood: RBZ Tour 14.5 - 42.5" Kai'li 80S

Hybrid: Ping G30 - 7 wood - Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 4 Iron ,JPX 800 Pro 5-GW

Wedges: Callaway 54 and 58 MD2

Putter: Odyssey Protype #2 Black

Very excited for the tournament to start! I really want Phil to complete the career slam, but there are so many golfers I would like to win.  Love to see Rickie back up his Players win with a major.  Would also love to see Spieth take down two majors in a row.  Anyways, I'm just waiting at my desk for the coverage to begin!

Driver- Titleist 913 D2

3 Wood- RBZ Stage 2

Hybrid- Cobra Bio Cell

Irons- Wilson Staff Tour V6

Wedges- Titleist Vokey 54/58

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1

I'm in the camp of the US Open and PGA should confer and make sure that one of the two is on the West Coast every year.  I love being able to watch golf in prime time!!!!

Beyond that I'm excited to see a different course.  The uncertainty of the course brings great anticipation.  I'm in a pool with the guys I play FFB, we do three players and then one player for each day.  I went Rose, Phil and Spieth but I considered at least 25 others - it's hard to guess. 

I know lots of folks are talking about this and Whistling being more British Open type courses but lets face it, many of the newer US courses are links our faux links type layouts anymore.  Folks love them because they are wide open which means fewer lost balls, better pace of play and the green complexes create a wider variety of shot choices. Also the greens don't need to be as fast because there are so many undulations. 

I'm intrigued by the USGA's willingness to allow the fescue greens to stay, I well remember that the PGA made Whistling change over its grass from fescue to something else before it would hold a tournament there.  Pete Dye was not happy, he said it destroyed some of the design because it made it more difficult to bump and run the ball around the greens.  I played Whistling after the change over so I never had the opportunity to try it the old way. 

I'm on vacation this week.  I'm going to head over the club now and hit some balls and then get home to camp out in front of the TV.  Can't wait -

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Hope Tiger plays well like he did at the masters. Bring back the stinger 2i!

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I really wish Phil wins. He fully deserves the honors, a truly gentlemen and a left handed player ;) But there is lot of young guns that can get in the mix like Rickie, Jordan, DJ and Rory. I even think Henrik Stenson can win this if he can get is game in the right place.

In The Bag:

Driver : :cobra-small: Fly-Z 10.5* with Matrix VLCT SP S Flex 60g, Lamkin Wrap-Tech

3 wood : :cobra-small:  Fly-Z 15*  with Matrix VLCT SP S Flex 70g, Lamkin Wrap-Tech

6 wood : :cobra-small: BiO Cell18* with Grafalloy Project X S Flex 60g , Lamkin Wrap-Tech

4 Hybrid :  :adams-small: Super S 22* with Matrix Kujoh S Flex 75gLamkin Wrap-Tech

5-PW : :cobra-small: AMP Cell with True Temper AMP Cell Dynalite S Flex 90g, Lamkin R.E.L ACE

GW: 51*  :cobra-small:  Tour Trusty with Dynamic Gold S200 S Flex 129g, Lamkin UTx Wrap

SW: 56* :cobra-small:  Tour Trusty with Dynamic Gold S200 S Flex 129g, Lamkin UTx Wrap

LW: 60*  :cobra-small:  Tour Trusty with Dynamic Gold S200 S Flex 129g, Lamkin UTx Wrap

LW: 64*   :cobra-small: Tour Trusty with Dynamic Gold S200 S Flex 129g, Lamkin UTx Wrap

Putter:   :callaway-small: Odyssey Works Versa 2-Ball Fand Putter with Superstroke Flatso 2.0

A Pround Lefty 

Gearing my duel monitors up for live streams at work. Ryan Moore the dark horse as the local kid. Love the look of the course and I'm excited for the laundry list of excuses the participants have prepared.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

This is fantastic! Just another reason to be a golf fan and support such a great site! U.S. Open week is so awesome. Cannot wait to see who takes it. People are saying that Chambers is very "links" like so I'm picking a European to win it all this year.

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

This seems to be a type of course that Justin Rose would thrive on plus he's playing well as of late. 

I don't see Tiger or Phil contending. I don't see Tiger making the cut. 

I could see someone like Hideki Matsuyama, Robert Streb or Jason Day in contention on Sunday. But if I had to pick a winner...Bobby...I'd go with Chris Kirk.

• :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • Toulon Vegas H7 w/ SS Flatso 2.0r
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

I'm excited about the tourney of course but really excited about the venue- Chambers Bay look beutiful.  I love links golf and am looking forward to that as much as the tourney itself. 

Great prizes...would love any of it.

Rootin for Phil this week!!

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER 2.2

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

Lots of opinions discounting Lefty this year. I think he will sneak in come Sunday similar to Merion, hopefully without the break down. 

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

I wanted to pick Tiger for my fantasy team so bad, but after being burned the last few tourney's he's played in I'm finally facing the facts.  He just isn't able to compete at this time.  I hope he proves me wrong, there is nothing more exciting than a Sunday with Tiger in the hunt, but I just don't think he can do it this time.

I'd love to see lefty finally win one, but my pick for the week is DJ if he can putt, if he can't he doesn't have a chance either.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

my pick for the week is DJ if he can putt, if he can't he doesn't have a chance either.

DJ.jpg

This has to be the most interesting Open in a long time because of the unusual circumstance on this course. I look for short game strengths as a major plus this week. Rose, Speith, Furyck come to mind.  Most of us do not know much about this course so it will be fun.

Titleist TS 3 with Fuji Ventus R shaft

Epic Flash 3 & 5 woods

Cally Big Berta 2019 4 hybrid

Cally Apex 2019 5-PW

Cally 48*

Honma TW4 56*

Titleist Volker Raw wedge 60*

Scotty Cameron X5 putter