The OFFICIAL US Open Discussion Thread

Tony Covey MGS

Koepka. Can I buy a vowel please? No, you have to many in your last name. No way I would pronounce his name correctly unless I heard it first on TV.. Co e pee ka 

thought it was Copt Kah.

Edit: think  have a different golfer in mind.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Bubba is falling apart. Can't say I'm surprised. The guy can seem like a total wimp when things go wrong. He's talented as hell but you wonder if he ever can get over that.

Also what a putt by Angel! Dang.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Thunderstorm knocked out the TV and Internet at home... Just got them working now.

This MGS thread is the only thing keeping me up on what's been happening with the tournament!

• Like 1

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Worst case scenario for the PGA tour: Rory Phil and Tiger all miss the cut. It's probably about a 20% chance, but still could you imagine the storylines on Saturday if it did happen?

Praying jason day is ok.hope he can continue tomorrow

• Like 2

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

Fox sports has the worst golf coverage.

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

So did anyone see that Gary Player ripped the course?  His concern is that its ridiculously long and that it would not be fun for amateurs to play. 

He's a great player, arguably the most under rated player ever, won a career grand slam while having to contend with Arnie and Jack.  Having written that I don't know that I agree with him.  I'd like to hear more about his opinion.  The course is long for sure but it's long to provide options not to be played from the tips every day.  It's also in radically different shape than it would be on a normal day.  If I read his comments properly I believe his concern is an ecological one.  But it seems to me that this course requires less water and maintenance despite its length. 

• Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

So did anyone see that Gary Player ripped the course?  His concern is that its ridiculously long and that it would not be fun for amateurs to play. 

He's a great player, arguably the most under rated player ever, won a career grand slam while having to contend with Arnie and Jack.  Having written that I don't know that I agree with him.  I'd like to hear more about his opinion.  The course is long for sure but it's long to provide options not to be played from the tips every day.  It's also in radically different shape than it would be on a normal day.  If I read his comments properly I believe his concern is an ecological one.  But it seems to me that this course requires less water and maintenance despite its length. 

Instead of knocking courses why not make one that you think amateurs will like and that tests the pros. It's the US freaking Open, of course it's supposed to be too hard for amateurs. 

• Like 2

I have a fake links course I played in NJ. It's not overly hilly, nor does the wind blow. About the only thing they have is waist high fescue. Never played a tournament there, but would love to see how it plays.

“They should tow it out into the North Sea and sink it” – Gary Player upon first seeing the Old Course at St Andrews.
  • Like 4

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Deciding if I should hit some balls after work or just play tomorrow on my own and Sunday with the men's league.

thoughts?

How can he say that when guys like DJ and Rory (not to mention others) take driver and than pw for birds on 500 yard par 4's? Just because you are an amateur doesn't mean you can't hit the ball long. Speith isn't as long as some of these guys and he's still t-2nd so what is he complaining about? 

• Like 2

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

“Just shut up and play it.” – Robert Trent Jones Jr tells the field how to cope with Chambers Bay. (Yes, he's the guy that designed the course.)

• Like 2

• SPY VIP

Last prize of the day coming up soon.

rotex-1.jpg

• Like 3

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Deciding if I should hit some balls after work or just play tomorrow on my own and Sunday with the men's league.

thoughts?

Weekends here are crowded, I'm working for a short bit then going here, http://www.leadbettergolftexas.com/